RENT tour thread

coolkid11776
#25re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:08pm

Will they do rushlottery at all the tour stops? I ask bc I called NJPAC and they said No rush or lottery for RENT

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#26re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:10pm

That actually sounds like one of my friends lol

I would so talk to that girl. I'd sing with her too!

As for Lexi from what you guys said she sounds promising! I'm waiting for Adam's first screw up with a line. I love how he messes the simplest of lines up.

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#27re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:11pm

Celra, I beg you to leave your cowbell at home.

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#28re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:15pm

"Did anyone mess up lol"
"That actually sounds like one of my friends lol"

"Gwen Stewart hung around for a short time, and she had a bodyguard or police officer or something following her around."

Probably to keep the Celery Stalker away lol.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#29re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:15pm

OK Danmag for you I will. Simply because I believe we share a birthday is yours December 15th? Mine is.

LOL if it is.

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#30re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:16pm

LOL for days...

jlc6314 Profile Photo
jlc6314
#31re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:17pm

Seriously. The whole I'm-wearing-a-cowbell-because-I-have-ADD (that's what she said) and "I'm the biggest fan ever so I need to sing the whole show before I see the show" is ridiculously annoying.

Most people came to the show to hear professionals sing and it only annoys people when these fangirls or whatever you want to call them start freaking out. As for the girl in Cleveland with the cowbell ... one of the girls I was talking to told her if anyone started singing she would stab them with a pen, that shut her up pretty quickly.

No day but today.

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#32re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:18pm

I'm totally bringing a pen to the Philadelphia show.

TheatreDiva90016
#33re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:20pm

And wear perfume!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#34re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:20pm

Make sure it's sharp!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#35re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:22pm

Well if everyone else is bring something Maybe I should too? Maybe I'll bring my cellphone and text during the show! Oh and god forbid I can't forget my tiny wrapped candy and my cans of soda!

Won't that be swell?

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#36re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:29pm

If anyone near me sings along when I see the show in Chicago I will smack them.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

jlc6314 Profile Photo
jlc6314
#37re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:32pm

Coolkid, last I knew every theater had to do some form of lottery or rush.

And I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking sing-alongs are annoying and inappropriate.

No day but today.
Updated On: 1/7/09 at 02:32 PM

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#38re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:37pm

I believe the decision to have rush or lottery tickets is completely up to the Theatres. Last time the show came through Chicago they had rush tickets. I hope they do rush again this time. I hate lotteries.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#39re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:44pm

There was also this guy in the front row who moved his hands during every song as if he were conducting the production. I sat three seats to the right of him and was annoyed the entire show. The woman next to me leaned over at one point and said "I'm going to break his (censored) hands in a minute."

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#40re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:45pm

Is it like NY with the lotto? Do you wait in front of the theatre? or what?

Same with Stagedoor do they just come out front? Willing to bet no but I'm still gonna ask.

When I see it in Feb I wanna be at that damn door! I'm going to Pittsburgs show too! I'm making sure I stagedoor then too!

jlc6314 Profile Photo
jlc6314
#41re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:46pm

HA. I was in the second row so I missed out on that, luckily. Why can't people just sit still during songs? I mean, I suppose I understand tapping your feet, or clapping along when it's appropriate, but it's really not hard to sit still otherwise.

No day but today.

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#42re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:48pm

The only thing I cannot stand in the whole show is Maureen's friggin protest! I will not moo or clap or scream I actually leave and go take a piss during that.

When people Moo I'm like "Yeah...This is stupid I'm out" and I make sure to come back for the La Vie Boheme.

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#42re: RENT tour thread

Sorry double posted.
Updated On: 1/7/09 at 02:48 PM

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#44re: RENT tour thread

I'm really pissed we didn't see one another so we could mock the weirdos together.

TheatreDiva90016
#45re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:51pm

"I actually leave and go take a piss during that."

Really.

Could you please just stop posting?

We don't need to hear your bathroom habits.

But at least we know what part of the show will be tolerable.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#46re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:51pm

lakezurich, I believe the lottery is done by the show. The last time it was here I asked the people at the DCPA about the lottery and they said they had no control over it. It was all run by the show. We did lottery one day and the show's staff came out to the line when there was a small problem not the DCPA staff.

Just give the world Love.

jlc6314 Profile Photo
jlc6314
#47re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:52pm

Robert - I agree. I didn't know anyone else when I showed up, and just starting meeting random people, mostly by mocking the weirdos. Are you going at all again this week? (PM me if you want ...)

No day but today.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#48re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 2:58pm

Sorry, I meant that it is determined by the producers, but, for some reason it didn't come out that way. LOL.

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#49re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 3:00pm

But at least we know what part of the show will be tolerable.

Tolerable? Honestly if they added a protest to this show I woulden't go! It's awful!

Not even the cast can stand it! When I went to see the touring cast last feb when they came by me. When she's performing the guy playing Angel actually had his cell phone out and the guy playing Roger laughed. Even the girl playing Maureen coulden't do it without laughing

WORST PART OF RENT

Videos