pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 206

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5125Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 12:04am

"Well, you're right. "The Tale of Princess Kaguya," "Only Lovers Left Alive," "Two Days, One Night," "Mr. Turner," "P'tit Quinquin," and "We Are the Best" weren't nominated, so there's no chance they're going to award my favorite film of the year."

And?

"So your theory is that anyone who likes Oscar movies (none of which are particularly obscure) - or anyone who seeks out movies that don't open at 3000 theaters and make $500 million - isn't real? Fascinating. So basically anything foreign and/or indie is just for poseurs - the only legitimate movies (because they're the only ones "mass audiences" care about) are Hollywood productions with $200 million production budgets and massive advertising campaigns."

Nope.

"Man, I like most of the Best Pic nominated films this year (even if I can fully agree that the Oscars as a whole are kind of silly and overly political.) I'm so sad to learn that I'm not a real person."

Real moviegoers are the ones that don't see all the Best Picture nods. People like you are not the reason there are big openings on weekends. It's the general public...the real people...not the fanatics who see films just to say they saw them. Just as you're doing here.

"Yes, I'm sure there are people who will disagree with your condescending, uninformed rhetoric. Isn't that just awful? Incidentally, it's kind of funny that you have the temerity to turn around and call someone else "a grumpy old man who has nothing better to do than be a bitter betty online."

Something about motes and beams comes to mind."

As you try to do remove what is in my eye while having something in your own. Oh the hypocrites must be clapping for you.

It is funny that you think your opinion should matter while trying to make sure mine doesn't. Too bad you mean nothing more than words on a screen. If only you realized that.

"Also, just for the record, your attitude is exactly what is wrong with Hollywood today."

Also, just for the record, your opinion is less valuable than a homeless person's. And, by the way, I would listen to the homeless person's view on the best movie of the year than you.

It's not condescension when you actually look at post history. You're just shoehorning your way in and you can, but not where I'm concerned. I won't cater to your needs.
Updated On: 1/19/15 at 12:04 AM

Bucky Builder Profile Photo
Bucky Builder
#5126Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 6:34am

"
Probably not, because though it did get nominated for only three Oscars, it was a awards contender. There's no denying of that"

False. He said a MAJOR awards contender and Into the woods is certainly not that.

Bucky Builder
#5127Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 6:40am

"I'm sorry to inform you, your opinion is no more valuable than the five year old that told me they liked Paddington Bear."

You have completely missed the point. Or are just choosing to not address it. You can't have an asinine opinion saying "None of those films deserved it" because you haven't seen any except for one. Do you understand how stupid your statement is? I trust you do.

Showface
#5128Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 8:21am

J_Jammer and Bucky Builder,

You both realize you could just block each other? You go under settings, then click on "Ignore Message Board Users".

indytallguy
#5129Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 8:21am

I'll give you this Bucky Builder, you certainly are persistent.

Bucky Builder
#5130Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 8:31am

Persistent or not, I am correct.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#5131Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 8:36am

God, this thread took an annoying turn ...

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#5132Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 8:43am

...several weeks ago.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5133Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 10:34am

"You have completely missed the point. Or are just choosing to not address it. You can't have an asinine opinion saying "None of those films deserved it" because you haven't seen any except for one. Do you understand how stupid your statement is? I trust you do."

Yes I can.

Because I do. You can't say I can't have an opinion when I do. Your stating you've seen them all means nothing. You have no proof outside of your lying self stating you have.

And that's not facetious. I do think of you as a liar. A fat one.

And one that drools. Which is why he likes to type.

And you trusting yourself is probably one more than the anyone who trust the devil.

"You both realize you could just block each other? You go under settings, then click on "Ignore Message Board Users"."

True. I don't bother with that button on any forum. I'm not the one that welcomed someone with their need to attack someone who wasn't agreeing with them.

You'd think someone with the name BUCKY would be more of a joy.

"God, this thread took an annoying turn ..."

Any thread that lasts this long on a topic about a film that's been released for a few weeks is going to turn such. For nothing of real value will ever be posted in this thread...not any more. And if there is any new information on said topic it would probably be best if it had a new thread. Otherwise the mire will devour it.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
Bucky Builder
artcon
#5136Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 4:50pm

"I was listening to the soundtrack today, and does anyone know if the singers for the finale (Children Will Listen/Into the Woods) are the cast members, or just a studio chorus of anonymous singers?"

There's a choir credited on the liner notes called Metro Voices - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Voices

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#5137Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 5:48pm

Not much surprises me on message boards anymore, but wow...

"Also, just for the record, your opinion is less valuable than a homeless person's."

Probably one of the more revolting/immature statements on this site...

rattleNwoolypenguin
#5138Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 5:57pm

Does anyone else feel like you could scream at all those 1 star idiots on IMDB?

It's just so disappointing.

My only hope is this movie will get re embraced in a cult film way later on.

Updated On: 1/19/15 at 05:57 PM

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5139Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 6:00pm

"Probably one of the more revolting/immature statements on this site..."

cause you think less of a homeless person.

Bucky Builder
Liza's Headband
#5141Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 6:35pm

"Any thread that lasts this long on a topic about a film that's been released for a few weeks is going to turn such. For nothing of real value will ever be posted in this thread..."

You do realize that would include your posts in this thread, right?

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5142Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 7:05pm

"You do realize that would include your posts in this thread, right?"

And....

Bucky Builder
#5143Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 7:32pm

Can we just close this thread? I admit, I have committed some unsavory crimes on this thread. But this has just become the J_Jammer show ( yes I realize I helped start the show)

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5144Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 7:34pm

"Can we just close this thread? I admit, I have committed some unsavory crimes on this thread. But this has just become the J_Jammer show ( yes I realize I helped start the show)"

Uh, no. I'm not arguing with people over box office and what makes a great film. That's all you.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5145Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 7:37pm

So what exactly ARE you arguing about?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5146Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 7:39pm

Best Picture nods not being so best.

Bucky Builder
#5147Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 7:45pm

You haven't seen them..

Showface
sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#5149Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 8:54pm

Cool! Although I would have put Jack, Red, Rapunzel and her prince along those bottom corners rather than leaving them 'blank'. I mean, they're in the movie too, a lot more than Johnny Depp is!

Can't wait to see what the extras will be.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos