pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 28

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#675Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/29/15 at 9:56am

They're really going to promote the new Alice in Wonderland and Jungle Book, among other things but no official press releases include BATB which will HOPEFULLY be something of a surprise. I assume the only thing we'll get is a few photos, maybe the preliminary title artwork, etc. I would love it if Emma performed!

Showface
#676Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 2:01pm

Yesterday, at D23, apparently they had a quick montage of upcoming films, and it included some brief footage of Emma Watson as Belle!

The reaction to the footage seems very positive!

Showface
#677Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 2:02pm

Here's some description/info on it: http://watsonuncensored.blogspot.com/2015/08/footage-of-emma-watson-in-beauty-and.html

And that was only yesterday, which was dedicated to animation...I can only imagine what they may have planned for today! Hopefully some concept art for the objects?

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#678Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 2:33pm

^ Interested to see how she looks. I will always be disappointed that Gugu Mbatha-Raw wasn't cast as Belle. 

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Showface
#679Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 3:11pm

Beauty and the Beast

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#680Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 3:19pm

Ehh, I'll just have to wait for the images to be leaked or released to the public.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Showface
#681Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 3:22pm

It wasn't images, it was footage. Some of her running through the woods (presumably the wolf scene), and some of her descending down the stairs in the yellow dress (she apparently looks stunning), and then some footage of the "Gaston" scene, and there was some recorded messages from the set of the film.

And contrary to popular belief, they have not finished shooting, only Josh Gad and a few others have.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#682Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 3:24pm

Footage, that's what I meant! Oops. :)

Showface
#683Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 3:25pm

No biggy! I was just pointing out that they showed some pretty cool stuff!

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#684Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 4:13pm

hopefully, we'll see some images and footage soon as the twitter-sphere is going nuts about the film being shown at the D23 Expo at the moment. knowing they have released some footage, is making me even more excited. 

http://beautyandthebeastmovienews.blogspot.co.uk

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#685Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 6:07pm

Me too, Westend. I never saw the original Pete's Dragon so dare I say it, I'm looking forward to that remake as well! I'm less enthusiastic about The Jungle Book. I can't really see that working as a non-animated movie. I wonder if the live-action Mermaid is officially nixed now.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#686Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 7:24pm

I can't wait to see pictures of her in those dresses!

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

jacobsnchz14
#687Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 8:51pm

I'm here at the expo and everything I've seen from BATB looks stunning, including Emma in the dress. They also showed the title treatment artwork which reminds me of Into The Woods' mixed with the original one with the Beauty in nice type with an eroded Beast. The crowds went wild for it. The set, visuals, costumes, etc. were beautiful. No footage of the objects or the beast. 

jacobsnchz14
#688Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/15/15 at 11:54pm

Beauty and the Beast

Here's the title treatment from today! Can't wait for everyone to see the footage we saw! Plus, we were treated to a video of Luke Evans and Josh Gad singing a few bars of "Gaston".

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#689Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 12:22am

It looks gorgeous! ^

westendfanatic
#690Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 7:16am

"Beauty and the Beast

Here's the title treatment from today! Can't wait for everyone to see the footage we saw! Plus, we were treated to a video of Luke Evans and Josh Gad singing a few bars of "Gaston".

do you know if there is anywhere on the net where we could see the footage from the film with Luke, Josh, Emma, etc...? all i can find is the one where Emma speaks for 20sec....

LINK = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9zpY19O0i0

jonahke
#691Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 10:15am

So excited to see the first footage. The logo of the film adaptation looks great, although it really reminds me of the 'Into The Woods' movie-logo.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#692Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 1:25pm

NEVERMIND

Updated On: 8/16/15 at 01:25 PM

jacobsnchz14
#693Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 1:25pm

Here is the majority of what they showed for BEAUTY AND THE BEAST at #D23Expo, they just did not include all of the footage from the actual film that we saw.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UcQvTU-Lzfk

I'm sure the logo will look different on the entire poster. I agree about how they look similar, I am sure in the context of the actual poster it'll look different. 

smallvillefan16
#694Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 2:27pm

I just want to see that damn clip of her in the blue dress and yellow gown.

westendfanatic
#695Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 3:46pm

"I just want to see that damn clip of her in the blue dress and yellow gown."

LOL!!!! me too. hopefully we'll something soon.

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#696Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 4:26pm

Emma looks so gorgeous in that video, and I love her speaking voice so, so much. 

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#697Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 7:01pm

Dan Stevens and Luke Evans look right for the parts for which they were cast, specifically the prince (not as the beast, of course Beauty and the Beast ) and Gaston, but they don't seem to have sung in their other roles, according to IMDb. I hope they have decent voices.

I saw a SNL spoof of BATB with Gerard Butler as the beast, Bill Hader as Lumiere, Bobby Moynihan as the clock, and Kristin Wiig as Belle. It was hilarious, and Bill Hader was fantastic.

I would have liked to see the beast done by a baritone or bass, with the prince a tenor. Norm Lewis and James Barbour would have been perfect as the beast, with Ramin Karimloo as the prince. I like the idea of NPH or Bill Hader as Lumiere. Ewan McGregor is certainly a big name, but I wonder if he was really the right choice for Lumiere; does he have any singing or comedic acting experience?

As for Gaston, I can think of a whole bunch of handsome Broadway stars, of varying ages, who could have played the role. I've never seen Peter Gallagher live, but he strikes me as the "right type." So do Hugh Panaro, Will Swenson, and once more, Lewis and Barbour, who may have felt a sense of deja vu. (I doubt I'm the only one who has noticed the similarities between BATB and POTO). Among movie stars, Gerard Butler and Hugh Jackman have the looks, have experience in film musicals, and have comedic talent. I also saw a young man on tour named Tim Rogan whose interpretation of Gaston blew the audience away. Any one of them would have been great.

Audrey

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#698Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 7:34pm

^ Ewan McGregor sang in "Moulin Rouge," but I've never cared for him; he has a very thin voice as well. 

I really hope Emma can sing. It worries me that she has to take voice lessons for this film. Yikes. Hopefully she will prove me wrong, just like how Emily Blunt surprised me in "Into the Woods." I wish they would have cast an unknown, or someone who has a nice full mezzo range.

Updated On: 8/16/15 at 07:34 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#699Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/16/15 at 8:14pm

Luke Evans actually started out his career as a musical theatre performer in the West End. As for Gerard Butler, I'm not sure if I wanna see him in another musical after seeing him play The Phantom of the Opera.

Videos