pixeltracker

2012 Tony Award predictions thread- Page 3

2012 Tony Award predictions thread

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#502012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/18/12 at 9:46am

He's REALLY leading? But why? It'd be so much smarter for him to be nominated in Featured? He was so wonderful and deserves to win!

bwaybby
#512012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/18/12 at 1:28pm

How many nominees can be in each category?

Born in a Ditch
#522012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/18/12 at 2:17pm

I really would love to see Cristin Milioti from Once get a Leading Actress nod. I thought she was absolutely wonderful, and truly believable. While I'm well aware she wouldn't win, I'd love to see her get recognized. If Bernadette Peters gets nominated, I certainly think it's just because she's Bernadette Peters. I didn't think her performance in Follies was all that special.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#532012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/18/12 at 2:21pm

Four nominees in the Best Musical / Best Play categories.
Five nominees in the acting categories.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#542012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/18/12 at 4:04pm

If Don't Dress For Dinner is at least as good as it was in Chicago, don't discount it from the nominations. Especially for direction and Spencer Kayden. Kayden is going to deliver one of the standout performances of the season.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#552012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/18/12 at 5:38pm

I predict:
The late great Eiko Ishioka will be nommed and might win for her SPIDERMAN costumes.

Danny B is in Leading because he and Ron R. are the Leading Men of the piece.
Danny's competition will be the upstart Jordan, but let's hope we don't have another Marissa Jaret/ Bernadette scenario,

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#562012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/18/12 at 6:07pm

Won't Spidey get a Tony, on how to spunk the most $$$$$$

broadwaygirl99 Profile Photo
broadwaygirl99
#572012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/18/12 at 7:12pm

I second David Turner for Best Featured Actor in a Musical! He was just fantastic, he gave a heartfelt beautiful performance worthy of a nomination.

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#582012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/18/12 at 11:15pm

I honestly think it could be Jessie Mueller and Terri White fighting over the featured musical actress Tony..... but I really hope Terri White wins....

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#592012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/19/12 at 12:28am

If only the "Best Actress in a Musical" wasn't so competitive this year, then Caissie Levy MIGHT have a chance at getting a nomination in there. I think that she is easily one of the highlights of "GHOST".

But forget about this year, next year's Tony Awards is going to be MATILDA raking up a heap of nominations. That show is fantastic.

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#602012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/19/12 at 2:39pm

We cannot count Raul Esparza out...they're trying to create a "Boy From Oz" meets "Me And My Girl" very showy, challenging star vehicle role for him in hopes that he can finally get his Tony.

Martin will also be leading for Evita unless the producers petition him to Featured (and I imagine they will probably do that for Michael Cerveris not Martin).

Raul Esparza, LEAP OF FAITH
Ron Raines, FOLLLIES
Danny Burstein, FOLLIES
Steve Kazee, ONCE
Jeremy Jordan, NEWSIES
Matthew Broderick, NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT
Richard Fleeshman, GHOST
Ricky Martin, EVITA
Norm Lewis, PORGY AND BESS
Paul Nolan, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR
Josh Young, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR
Jeremy Jordan, BONNIE AND CLYDE

ChildrenwillListen
#612012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/19/12 at 3:46pm

I highly enjoy what Phantom of London said. I think that would be a special award for most wasted money

wonkit
#622012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/19/12 at 8:34pm

Does anyone think there might be nominations for actors in THE BEST MAN? The play is weak but the performances are quite good. It is a crowded field this year!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#632012 Tony Award predictions thread
Posted: 3/20/12 at 8:40am

From that list, my shot-in-the-dark guess would be:

Raul Esparza, LEAP OF FAITH
Danny Burstein, FOLLIES
Steve Kazee, ONCE
Jeremy Jordan, NEWSIES
Norm Lewis, PORGY AND BESS

I think this is finally Raul's year. An above-the-title leading role seems like a ballsy move for the producers to make unless they weren't sure he was phenomenal. And since he always is, I'm sure he'll knock it out of the park once again.

Videos