pixeltracker

Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?- Page 3

Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?

RWPrincess
#50Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?
Posted: 1/11/20 at 5:51pm

Safe travels home! Thanks for sharing your week with us--I've enjoyed reading your daily recaps. 

jr88 Profile Photo
jr88
#51Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?
Posted: 1/11/20 at 6:21pm

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, i found myself looking forward to each post. Your trip piqued my interest on using Audience Rewards for purchasing tickets. Were you pleased with the seat location(s) for the shows you used AR for? I realize I've accumulated almost 10,000 points and I've never used any - gonna start using some.

Again, thanks.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#52Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?
Posted: 1/11/20 at 6:24pm

You’re welcome!

None of my seats were super close. My closest seat was real K for Grand Horizons, but I found all my views to be excellent. I would definitely use this method of purchasing tickets in the future.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#53Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?
Posted: 1/12/20 at 2:01am

Miles2Go2 said: "6. Slave Play
7. Grand Horizons
"

Hmm, it seemed like you liked but were still unpacking Slave Play when you saw it, were the others that much better to you, or did further reflection make it drift down in the rankings? I wish I could see that one again before it closes, just to take it all in knowing what is coming, but alas...

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#54Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?
Posted: 1/12/20 at 12:06pm

haterobics said: "Miles2Go2 said: "6. Slave Play
7. Grand Horizons
"

Hmm, it seemed like you liked butwere still unpacking Slave Play when you saw it, were the others that much better to you, or did further reflection make it drift down in the rankings? I wish I could see that one again before it closes, just to take it all in knowing what is coming, but alas...
"

I didn’t hate SP although as my reactions have ping-pinged back and forth, there have been moments where I did. Also, Harris’s recent tweet(s) don’t help one to stay objective about the material. At the end of day, I was uncomfortable during the entire performance which is what I think Harris wants. Some art should provoke and make us uncomfortable. This definitely does that. It’s been a week since I saw it and I still don’t completely know how I feel about it. Some of Harris’s tweets make me think that maybe he just likes to be controversial and push a Us vs. Them agenda which does nothing to further the dialogue we do most need to have in this country. There’s no mistaking that there are plenty of ideas being explored on that stage, even if most of them aren’t explored to the nuanced degree I would’ve liked, but at least the play dares to wade into those waters...

On the other hand, Grand Horizons is sort of the anti-SP in many ways. Not just because it’s major focus is on a white family. As someone else stated on the GH previews thread, it’s a slight, if humorous, play.  You never are made to feel attacked or uncomfortable. Not life changing theater and sometimes we need just need to laugh. 

I wouldn’t see either play again which is why they rank lower than most of the other shows of my trip, way above Tina which has the worst book of any musical or play I’ve ever seen on a Broadway stage. 

Slave Play and Grand Horizons probably should be tied on my list. 

Updated On: 1/12/20 at 12:06 PM

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#55Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?
Posted: 1/12/20 at 12:33pm

After weeks of preparation, researching, securing tickets, then attending the actual performances, the week ahead can be as dull as mashed taters without gravy.

Miles, wishing you a week of gravy.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#56Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?
Posted: 1/12/20 at 1:21pm

Thanks! The first several times I traveled to NYC, I would actually be devastated when I had to leave to the point of sobbing. I also used to really want to live in NYC. Now after many visits, I may sometimes be a little sad momentarily to leave (although I wasn’t this time), but also grateful to get home. I also have disabused myself of any notions of permanently moving to NYC. Not really affordable, and like an amusement park, you might enjoy visiting but you probably wouldn’t want to live there and even if you did, it wouldn’t be like everyday would be a day out of your vacation. I was definitely glad to get home and sleep in my bed. Slept about 10 hours last night and am still exhausted. Between seeing 10 shows plus working a full sometimes stressful 40-hour week and eating a lot of food and spending a lot of $$$, my body (and my wallet) just needs to rest. I don’t work this week (I only work/get paid when I travel) so lots of opportunity for rest. This week will consist of lots of rest and catching up with my DVR including the new season of The Bachelor (one of my guilty pleasures).

I’ll have to return to NYC soon to finish this training. It’s just a two-day training this time so even if I add a couple days, it’ll be a shorter trip. So far, what’d I’d see will depend on when they have me come back. Right now, if it’s February, depending on what part of February, I’m looking at My Name is Lucy Barton, Six, and Girl From The North Country plus another visit to WSS. I wouldn’t mind seeing The Inheritance again, but not sure if I’d have time or inclination to commit another day to it. Obviously, if they have me come back in March, I’ll have a lot more opening shows to decide about.

Lastly, regarding this week, I have a ticket to see the touring production of Miss Saigon on Tuesday night. It’s the first performance of their week here in OKC. It’ll be my first time seeing it. I keep forgetting about it as my focus has been on last week. I’m going with expectations in check as I’m aware of some of the criticisms of it. Still, it will be nice to have some theater this week.

Updated On: 1/12/20 at 01:21 PM

BwayinVan
#57Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?
Posted: 1/12/20 at 2:39pm

Sounds like a good trip. I’m putting my trip together for the spring so always enjoy reading others reviews. So far my trip looks like this:

Wed Mat: Company
Wed Eve:
Thurs Mat: Moulin Rouge
Thurs Eve: girl from the North Country
Fri: WSS
Sat mat: take me out
Sat eve: Caroline or Change
Sun:
Sunday Eve:

I’m thinking of adding The Minutes and Virginia Wolf and the will see my options for Sunday night. I know Sox has a Sunday night show but waiting to see what else does. Also wanting to see what off broadway show has buzz.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#58Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?
Posted: 1/12/20 at 2:40pm

Looks like a great lineup.

Videos