pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24- Page 3

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#50Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:51pm

willep said: "I’m surprised by An Enemy of the People’s attendance number. I went over the weekend and had standing room and was shocked at how many empty seats there were."

An usher didn't come and move you down to the empty seats? That is what was done when I recently attended.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

stagepotato
#51Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/6/24 at 9:34pm

Huss417 said: "willep said: "I’m surprised by An Enemy of the People’s attendance number. I went over the weekend and had standing room and was shocked at how many empty seats there were."

An usher didn't come and move you down to the empty seats? That is what was done when I recently attended.
"

When I went, everyone but myself and two others were moved to empty seats. There were complete rows that were empty too. They only move a lucky few. 

Updated On: 6/6/24 at 09:34 PM

willep
#52Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/6/24 at 10:11pm

I didn’t see the ushers move anyone. I know some people moved during the “Not an intermission” of their own volition. But that is not the point of my post. My point was that how are they saying they’ve been selling over 100% when we’ve all seen rows of empty seats?

Sammy232
#53Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/7/24 at 7:46am

willep said: "I didn’t see the ushers move anyone. I know some people moved during the “Not an intermission” of their own volition. But that is not the point of my post. My point was that how are they saying they’ve been selling over 100% when we’ve all seen rows of empty seats?"

People buy and then don't show up?

Hopelesslydevoted24
#54Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/7/24 at 3:15pm

Perhaps my experience can provide some insight.  I attended Saturday's Matinee of "Enemy Of The People".  There were hordes of tickets available on Stubhub so I knew if I waited long enough, I would be able to grab a great deal.  I purchased my ticket 30 minutes prior to curtain for $54 ($38 + fees) and there were still a large number left unsold.  Resellers are skewing perception.  As for Standing Room, I noticed one side of the theater was invited to sit on the empty rows, which were plenty, while another side was not.  That might be an usher's choice.

willep
#55Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/7/24 at 8:49pm

Ha, yeah that’s when I was there. I was on the side that was not invited to sit down. But I didn’t mind standing. It’s an intimate theatre and the show isn’t terribly long.

Updated On: 6/8/24 at 08:49 PM

Sammy232
#56Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/8/24 at 8:11am

Hopelesslydevoted24 said: "Perhaps my experience can provide some insight. I attended Saturday's Matinee of "Enemy Of The People". There were hordes of tickets available on Stubhub so I knew if I waited long enough, I would be able to grab a great deal. I purchased my ticket 30 minutes prior to curtain for $54 ($38 + fees) and there were still a large number left unsold. Resellers are skewing perception. As for Standing Room, I noticed one side of the theater was invited to sit on the empty rows, which were plenty, while another side was not. That might be an usher's choice."

I wouldn't be terribly surprised, given the cast, that scalpers/resellers picked up a lot and are now selling at a lower than anticipated price.

Latest Posts

Videos