pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 1:57pm

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 6/2/2024 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: HOME (4.2%), HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD (4%), AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE (0.1%),

Down for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: UNCLE VANYA (-21.3%), BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE MUSICAL (-14.3%), PATRIOTS (-10.4%), A BEAUTIFUL NOISE, THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL (-9.7%), & JULIET (-8.8%), THE NOTEBOOK (-8.3%), WATER FOR ELEPHANTS (-8.3%), MJ THE MUSICAL (-8.3%), CHICAGO (-7.4%), APPROPRIATE (-6.9%), THE WHO'S TOMMY (-6.4%), THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL (-6.2%), MARY JANE (-6.1%), THE GREAT GATSBY (-5.6%), MOTHER PLAY (-5.5%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (-5.1%), THE WIZ (-4.9%), MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL (-4.6%), SUFFS (-4.6%), ILLINOISE (-4.5%), THE LION KING (-3.8%), ALADDIN (-3.4%), HADESTOWN (-2.6%), HAMILTON (-2.3%), SIX (-1.5%), THE OUTSIDERS (-1.5%), WICKED (-1%), STEREOPHONIC (-0.9%), CABARET AT THE KIT KAT CLUB (-0.8%), HELL'S KITCHEN (-0.2%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

hearthemsing22
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:01pm

Yiiiiikes. Why is Heart of Rock and Roll holding on so long? Maybe just trying to squeak by through the Tony's, then they'll close? I hate to say that but it does not look good

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:05pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Yiiiiikes. Why is Heart of Rock and Roll holding on so long? Maybe just trying to squeak by through the Tony's, then they'll close? I hate to say that but it does not look good"

Is "Heart of Rock n Roll" performing at the Tonys? Might be the only reason it's still running.

 

Ben's numbers aren't terrible, but not great, either. 


A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:07pm

Daniel Radcliffe was out 4-5 performances last week (scheduled) hence why Merrily gross decreased by $500k.

Ben Platt average ticket price is $89 and had over $600k for 6 performances which is not bad! 

I feel bad for Heart of Rock and Roll. I really had a great time watching that show.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:07pm

If anyone was wondering about the dip at Uncle Vanya- Steve Carell was out for five performances this past week and LCT offered refunds or exchanges. I went to the show Saturday night and it was around half full. The Vanya understudy, Robert Stanton, was very good. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:12pm

I’ve also been wondering if “Heart of Rock and Roll” is going to perform at the Tonys and that’s why they’re hanging on. 

RagtimeRevivalPlease
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:14pm

Good on Hell's Kitchen, Suffs, The Outsiders, and Stereophonic - new shows staying level/increasing grosses as others took dips this week. Here's hoping maybe some tourists on summer break and Tony buzz can get some momentum going.

hearthemsing22
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:15pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I’ve also been wondering if “Heart of Rock and Roll” is going to perform at the Tonys and that’s why they’re hanging on."

That'd be a really smart move. Have Huey introduce them, then maybe have them perform a medley or something. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:15pm

Has any show with zero nominations ever performed?   Seems like an odd choice when there are def shows with at least SOME noms that would love the chance.


If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:19pm

^There was that year when Jennifer Hudson did a preview of a song from Finding Neverland prior to the show opening on Broadway. 


"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

starlightlocamotion
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:19pm

& JULIET continuing to dip is interesting. MOULIN ROUGE also took a hit this week. 

pablitonizer
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:23pm

At this point I think the producers of Heart of Rock n' roll forgot their show is still open lol 

BTTF has been below the 1 million figure for the past 5 weeks so I don't give it a long run anymore 

My bet is The notebook will be closing by labor day

hearthemsing22
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:26pm

Heart of Rock and Roll has a ton of producers. Maybe they're all putting money into it to keep it open until they can put it up for tour and licensing, amateur productions, etc? Check out how many producers they have! 

https://playbill.com/personlistpage/person-list?production=eb84f560-35bd-40ab-a955-e3f1526a6d62&type=cp#cc

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:33pm

Would also make sense to have that Tonys performance and then use it to advertise a tour.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:36pm

There’s also a cast recording already waiting to be released.

nasty_khakis
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:37pm

Some producer recently told me that a lot (not all) of shows are done on broadway knowing they're probably going to fail or struggle but they know they'll make a fortune in both regional and amateur licensing. Heart of Rock and Roll is a fun choice for high schools because of the bigger ensemble, dance numbers, easy paint by numbers love story, etc. Not saying that's what these specific producers are thinking/doing but sometimes you just know high schools are going to all do Back to the Future even without the special effects. 

hearthemsing22
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:52pm

starlightlocamotion said: "& JULIET continuing to dip is interesting. MOULIN ROUGE also took a hit this week."

Not worried about &JULIET yet. When a show starts to stunt cast, that's when I'll worry 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 2:57pm

Pretty lousy for most of Broadway, especially following a holiday week. 

I was expecting a whole lot worse for Ben Platt’s numbers, so well done, I guess?


Oh look, a bibu!

mshalo18
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 3:01pm

dramamama611 said: "Has any show with zero nominations ever performed? Seems like an odd choice when there are def shows with at least SOME noms that would love the chance."

I can see The Great Gatsby performing- their Korean producer seems to be willing to throw a ton of cash at this production. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 3:13pm

How long until the Ben Platt haters start a conspiracy that his daddy actually bought the tickets just before show curtain to help save face for these grosses :P? They definitely are not as terrible as I would have predicted!


"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 3:20pm

nasty_khakis said: "Some producer recently told me that a lot (not all) of shows are done on broadway knowing they're probably going to fail or struggle but they know they'll make a fortune in both regional and amateur licensing. Heart of Rock and Roll is a fun choice for high schools because of the bigger ensemble, dance numbers, easy paint by numbers love story, etc. Not saying that's what these specific producers are thinking/doing but sometimes you just know high schools are going to all do Back to the Future even without the special effects."

It would be unusual (but not unheard of) for a show that flops on Broadway to make a fortune in licensing. Some money? Yes. A fortune? Probably not.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 4:13pm

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "nasty_khakis said: "Some producer recently told me that a lot (not all) of shows are done on broadway knowing they're probably going to fail or struggle but they know they'll make a fortune in both regional and amateur licensing. Heart of Rock and Roll is a fun choice for high schools because of the bigger ensemble, dance numbers, easy paint by numbers love story, etc. Not saying that's what these specific producers are thinking/doing but sometimes you just know high schools are going to all do Back to the Future even without the special effects."

It would be unusual (but not unheard of) for a show that flops on Broadway to make a fortune in licensing. Some money? Yes. A fortune? Probably not.
"

Tell that to Fester, Gomez, and the other Addams’.

flord10
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 4:15pm

DramaTeach said: "itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "nasty_khakis said: "Some producer recently told me that a lot (not all) of shows are done on broadway knowing they're probably going to fail or struggle but they know they'll make a fortune in both regional and amateur licensing. Heart of Rock and Roll is a fun choice for high schools because of the bigger ensemble, dance numbers, easy paint by numbers love story, etc. Not saying that's what these specific producers are thinking/doing but sometimes you just know high schools are going to all do Back to the Future even without the special effects."

It would be unusual (but not unheard of) for a show that flops on Broadway to make a fortune in licensing. Some money? Yes. A fortune? Probably not.
"

Tell that to Fester, Gomez, and the other Addams’.
"

They said unusual, not that it never happens 

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 4:28pm

There's the usual discussion to be had about Heart of R&R. It's the Paradise Square of this year (minus the shady producer and Tony noms) in the sense of it makes no sense that it's staying open.

But also, this was an all time low for & Juliet. Also the first time Moulin Rouge dipped below $1mil since the COVID cancellation era of early 2022.

All the Tony noms shows and Gatsby are continuing to be pretty steady. The Notebook is definitely the next one to be worried about after Heart of R&R

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
Posted: 6/4/24 at 4:34pm

binau said: "How long until the Ben Platt haters start a conspiracy that his daddy actually bought the tickets just before show curtain to help save face for these grosses :P? They definitely are not as terrible as I would have predicted!"

Out of 24 posts so far in the thread you were the only one at this point.


"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 6/4/24 at 04:34 PM


Videos