pixeltracker

more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN- Page 3

more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#50re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:11pm

yeah, i'm sure i REALLY want to watch a musical about a bunch of people that work in a pajama factory? um. who cares if you go on strike or not? as long as i get my damn pjs.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

Plum
#51re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:11pm

Here's a real bad one- a failed screenwriter who becomes a gigolo for a faded silent movie star? Pathetic.

SammyGal
#52re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:12pm

What about a story about a married couple who describe how their relationship falls apart FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS! meeting in the middle for a wedding ? DISASTROUS!

On a clear day I can see myself for miles ~Taboo

starlyricist
#53re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:15pm

Yeah, i'm really gonna sit through 2 hours about two aging queens whose son is getting married to - GASP - A WOMAN?!?! please.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]
Updated On: 7/8/04 at 03:15 PM

SammyGal
#54re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:17pm

What about a show about Jonathan Larson that seems vaguely familiar to his famous show ? Let's name it after a bomb sound for good ratings!

On a clear day I can see myself for miles ~Taboo

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#55re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:21pm

While it's true that many a stupid idea has made for a good musical, there haven't been any succesful shows based on superheroes. Anyone remember "It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman"?

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#56re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:23pm

How about a musical based on a beloved children author who wrote in rhymes?

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

sean martin
#57re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:24pm

A musical about the Pacific theater in World War II? How desperate is that?

"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#58re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:25pm

A rich man and his pal with too much time on their hands who decide to experiment with a girl from the streets to see if they can teach her how to speak properly. Who cares?!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#59re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:26pm

"While it's true that many a stupid idea has made for a good musical, there haven't been any succesful shows based on superheroes. Anyone remember "It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman"?"

oh, so that's a great reason to never try again 40 years later...

the next thread could be bomb musicals that preceded successful ones that are sorta cut from the same cloth...but I'm afraid that would call upon we older folk, most of who think I'm a horror for writing a musical with a back-beat, so I don't anticipate much support...

re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Updated On: 7/8/04 at 03:26 PM

sean martin
#60re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

So, what, it's like Hamlet, right? Except it's all a bunch of animals, right?

Gedoudatown!

"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader

Plum
#61re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

A hippie musical with anti-Vietnam sentiment and no discernable plot? Hooey.

starlyricist
#62re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

I KNOW!!!!
A musical about a chess match during the Cold War...
Anyone?

[crickets]

Updated On: 7/8/04 at 03:26 PM

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#63re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:27pm

What about a little orphan boy who only wants some more gruel?

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Plum
#64re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:28pm

An almost plotless musical about a guy who can't make up his mind about marriage and commitment? Worst. Idea. Ever.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#65re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:29pm

A filmmaker has a midlife crisis at a spa. And be sure and stunt cast it to make sure it bombs

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Poppy
#66re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:32pm

A play about a flesh-eating plant...or a musical about a vampire who looks like the Joker and acts like an ass. I don't believe it!!!!!!!

starlyricist
#67re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:34pm

mmm. the one about the trials and tribulations of a transgendered wannabe rock star with a one-inch penis? um. ew.

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#68re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:34pm

A con man who sells musical instruments to the kids of a small town in Iowa?

A singing family trying to escape from Nazi Germany?

A Carnival Barker who abuses his wife?

A mythical Scottish city that only appears every hundred years?

A bunch of high school kids of relatively no moral value who smoke, drink and moon each other and...what the hell IS the plot of Grease anyway?

All verifiable hits.

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God

Plum
#69re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:37pm

Two artists named George have crises trying to integrate their lives with their art 100 years apart? What kind of crap musical is that?

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#70re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:37pm

A chubby girl who wants to dance on TV with her *gasp* negro friends. LOL. We should just give the tickets away now since nobody in their right mind would pay to sit through that!

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

eyeonbroadway Profile Photo
eyeonbroadway
#71re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:39pm

How about a confused French kid who goes off to war, supposedly dies, and his best friend goes to his hometown and pretends to be him...and nobody notices?

Or...

A revolutionary gets thrown into a prison cell with a gay guy who fantasizes about being a female arachnid?

Plum
#72re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:40pm

A musicalization of Don Quixote sounds pretty bad.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#73re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:40pm

not just bad, it sounds disgusting.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

starlyricist
#74re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:43pm

i'm sure NONE of those songs will be popular from that show. urgh.

Videos