News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Embarassing Encounters!

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#50re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 9:27am

This isn't stagedoor-I was in the bathroom during a rehearsal break and my sister and I were looking in the mirror and talking about Hunter Foster. Then out of no where Jennifer Cody comes out of the stall and starts talking to us. My sister's facewas bright red and I was just stuttering.

NativeNewYorker
#51re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 9:30am

"He also asked Russ Tamblyn, who was sitting near George Chakiris at a sci fi convention, if he and George were going to have a knife fight later on in the day."

Wow, does that mean they're still friends after all these years? (WSS is my all-time favorite movie so I like hearing something like that)

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#52re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 11:56am

I have no idea if they're close friends or not. They were seated next to each other at the convention, where they were signing autographs.

ponine24601
#53re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 12:21pm

when i went to see Hairspray one night, harvey was doing the auction/talking about items for the BC/EFA fund. He was talking about the Link bobble head pin and Harvey said "..so if anyone think that Matt Morrison is a cutie-patootie.." I screamed and i was the only one in the theater who did. Matt looks up ( i was in the back mezz.) and says "hey thanks! i'll see YOU later *grins*." omg. i was so embarassed. my friend STILL bugs me about that.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

jezzebelle
#54re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 2:29pm

My boyfriend does embarssing stuff all the time. I think he's worse than my mom. We went to go see HS, the week Harvey and Kathy were leaving and he brought the movie "Death to Smoochy" for Harvey to sign because Mr. Fierstein had a small role in it. I was sure Harvey wouldn't sign it, but he did and my bf told him that it was his favorite movie. I wanted to crawl under a rock...Harvey laughed and told him he was very sorry that it was his favorite movie and he hadn't even seen it. :)

-Jess

Broadwaygirl4life
#55re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 6:42pm

i went to see Boy From Oz about a month ago with my mom, a friend and her mom. We were watching the play and the part where Peter Allen kisses his lover my friend screams so loud. She was the only one in the whole audience. All of a sudden everyone turns around and just stares at us. Giving us all these dirty looks. I felt so embarrassed I just put my playbill up to my cherry red face even though I wasn't the one who screamed.

"[My son]'s really into my music, but one day we were listening to Billy [Joel] in the car and he said, 'Daddy, I think Billy's songs are a little better than yours." (Michael Cavanaugh)

sycorax
#56re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 7:57pm

This thread makes me feel so much better. re: Embarassing Encounters!

The first real idol of mine I ever met was Sutton Foster, and oh my, I made a fool out of myself. "This is the best night of my life," "you are so amazing," blah blah blah embarrassment. Total idiot.

I got better as time went on, but I still get tongue-tied. Heh.

"It means that the other guys didn't win!" --Jeff Marx on what winning a Tony would mean to him

Wicked_Elphie Profile Photo
Wicked_Elphie
#57re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 8:01pm

at least you can remember what you say...I do the same rambling thing but it just awful. I just keep talking and I don't even know what I'm saying. It's what I do when I get nervous. That's why I need luvtheEmcee there because she is crraazzyy about details and she tells me whatever rediculous things I say lol!

"Take a breath. Take a step. Take a chance. Take your time." -L5Y

Jamie Hat Profile Photo
Jamie Hat
#58re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 8:48pm

Ahhh the Bass-O-Matic...love it.

NativeNewYorker
#59re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 9:33pm

"The first real idol of mine I ever met was Sutton Foster, and oh my, I made a fool out of myself. "This is the best night of my life," "you are so amazing," blah blah blah embarrassment. Total idiot."

She does that to people! When I met her, after over a year of just idolizing her, I was just rambling, "When I see someone like you on stage, I KNOW why I love musical theatre!"

To which Sutton rolls her eyes modestly.

And whenever I see you perform, I get so upset because I can't sing or dance and I can never be like you!"

Sutton goes all bubbly, "Oh, but I bet there are a million things you can do that I could never do!"

Times like that I'm so glad I look younger than I am...she probably thought I was 12 :p

Videos