News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sycorax

sycorax Profile Photo
Member Name: sycorax
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Last 5 Years
 Oct 12 2004, 11:12:31 AM
While we're answering L5Y questions... anyone happen to know how Jamie and Cathy met?? Does it say in the show? (I've never seen it, just have the CD and listen to it practically every day...) It's been driving me INSANE for a couple days now wondering how they met. Yeah, I'm surprised I have friends too.
re: Elphaba's new performer
 Sep 19 2004, 10:56:51 AM
That's a joke, right? That's a joke. It has to be a joke.
re: Lyrics for 'Summer of 42' that Idina did
 Aug 20 2004, 04:35:10 PM
If anyone has them, could they do me a favor and PM them to me too? thanks!!
re: If you could have replaced 1 lead on any cast recording who would it be
 Aug 18 2004, 04:38:47 PM
Christine Andreas in Scarlet Pimpernel. GARGH.
re: Anne of Green Gables
 Aug 16 2004, 10:56:26 PM
"Sycorax, where did you play Anne?"

Unfortunately not in PEI. I wish! In a tiny community theater in West Virginia. Depressing, but the cast was surprisingly good and it's such a fun show anyway.

humble pie
humble pie
we can eat it, you and I...

re: Anne of Green Gables
 Aug 16 2004, 12:23:57 PM
I've done it... I played Anne about two years ago. :) Great fun. I loved it and I still play the CD a lot.
barett foa
 Aug 9 2004, 10:06:43 PM
Did anyone else see him in Much Ado About Nothing with Karen Ziemba? He was really great. I didn't even know who he was then and I remember thinking "damn, he's cute!"
re: Things I Learned From Broadway Shows
 Aug 8 2004, 10:59:20 PM
54 | Only capitalists get photographers!

(okay sorry, I's been listening to the new Assassins recording too much...)

re: Up and Coming Unknowns
 Jul 31 2004, 04:02:28 PM
As far as composers go, I am a total shill for David Kirshenbaum.
re: the performance that made you choose theatre
 Jul 28 2004, 01:14:16 AM
Mine was "The Creepy Creeps of Pilgrim Road." No ****. I was six. Fell totally in love. Thank GOD I moved on.
re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
 Jul 25 2004, 11:35:54 AM
I'm in my shortest right now--one week. (the show's Joseph, so it's not like it's Les Mis or anything, but still.) I'm actually used to doing one week now--longest is something like four months when I was little, and I have no idea how I could possibly ever endured that! I'd quit within a month I would be so sick of everyone and the show.
re: Audition Attire
 Jul 24 2004, 10:43:18 AM
What's the show?
re: Signature Audition Song
 Jul 24 2004, 10:39:38 AM
Mine is Forget About the Boy. I know, I know. Hey, I live in West Virginia, it's downright obscure here.

That or Is It Really Me from 110 in the Shade... depends on whether it's a belty show I'm auditioning for or a head voicey one.

re: Tips for hitting that high note
 Jul 23 2004, 06:23:02 PM
I'm a soprano 1 in the chorus of a production of "Joseph..." right now, so this thread is tremendously helpful to me!

I know this is really no help, but what's helping me most with getting through it is marking whenever I POSSIBLY can and getting lots of rest and water. Just the basics.

Oh, and to state the obvious: be sure and warm up thoroughly at least a whole note above the highest note you sing in the show.

re: Your upcoming season (school, community, professional theatre)
 Jul 19 2004, 08:15:42 PM
Right now I'm in Joseph. We've already done Oklahoma, Our Town, King and I and Annie Get Your Gun (summer stock!) and still have 42nd Street coming up. It's pretty insane.
re: Embarassing Encounters!
 Jul 11 2004, 07:57:31 PM
This thread makes me feel so much better.

The first real idol of mine I ever met was Sutton Foster, and oh my, I made a fool out of myself. "This is the best night of my life," "you are so amazing," blah blah blah embarrassment. Total idiot.

I got better as time went on, but I still get tongue-tied. Heh.

re: RENT movie
 Jul 5 2004, 01:12:21 PM
Mya would be a good Mimi, if we're speaking realistically. I could live with that.

What I COULDN'T live with is Clay Aiken. God. Miscast of the century. Not hip, not edgy, not artistic, not an actor. No. Wrong.

Crossing my fingers that it's not a total embarrassment...

icon
 Jul 3 2004, 02:52:40 PM
Mine is a watercolor of the lineup from Chorus Line that you can't see very well because it's too small. :P
re: What songs do you skip?
 Jul 3 2004, 02:47:33 PM
I usually skip "Children, Children" on Bat Boy. I dunno, there's something about it which makes it go over like a lead balloon on CD.
Let me translate
 Jun 28 2004, 08:32:44 PM
Sure it does. If it's not easy to read, no one's going to bother even skimming it.

to the off-topicmobile!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You