pixeltracker

Least favorite Broadway show?- Page 3

Least favorite Broadway show?

stylinbohemian
#50re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 3:11pm

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy

I saw South Paciffic in a local theater then watched the movie to see if it was just the production that i found boring but wasn't n e better I still respect Roger ANd Hammerstien just SP is kinda blah, but i still sing songs from it.

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#51re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 3:15pm

bjivie: GODSPELL Was on Broadway.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

LittleRed00
#52re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 4:11pm

Yeah, seriously, there IS someone who hates Hello Dolly & The Music Man....I am another person who is a little creeped out by Carol Channing, but that aside, the music from both of those shows just really annoys me. Just my opinion...I love most all other "classic" musicals, those two just don't really do anything for me!

"Isn't it nice to know a lot...and a little bit...not."

GypsyRoseLee Profile Photo
GypsyRoseLee
#53re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 5:35pm

I sort of half hate The Secret Garden. The music is beautiful, but the lyrics never fail to make me groan. I still listen to the OBC...I just try not to pay attention to the lyrics.

Despite the huge cult following, I don't like The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

"This is what I trained to do, and this is what I love about theater. What I love about being an actress is being able to really look into myself and understand another human being. And out my own self, to shape and form and fashion a real human being--and to present that in such a way that people see something of themselves or their own understanding in that human being." --Phylicia Rashad

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#54re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 5:38pm

Current- "BROOKLYN"- without a doubt !!!

Older: "Cats" "Sat Night Fever"

Razz77 Profile Photo
Razz77
#55re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 5:45pm

Unfortunately I tend to dislike alot of musicals, just because I don't buy into schmaltz. Recent musicals on Broadway that I really couldn't stand:

Brooklyn
Mamma Mia
...Millie
The Lion King

On the other hand - I enjoyed Movin Out and am almost willing to go as far as to say that Good Vibrations had its fun moments.

Go figure...

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#57re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 6:18pm

Gotcha, stylinbohemian. re: Least favorite Broadway show?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#58re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 6:24pm

*is flustered*

I really don't like threads like this! *upset sigh* B/c, I'm always like: "But, but, but... I like those shows!" LOL. Each to their very own, I guess.

I've never seen anything (at least nothing on the real White Way or through the Broadway in Chicago program we have here) that I really did not like. Perhaps its because I stay away from shows that I don't have any interest in/don't appeal to me(such as Movin' Out), and go to the theatre to have a good time (though, if its something that makes you think, then that's fantabulous as well). I must say that I thought The Producers was wonderful, that I adore Rent with a passion (however, the latest casting in NYC is absolutely DISGUSTING... hopefully, the movie will give it a boost so it won't have to stoop so low), and loved Beauty and the Beast (though, I thought it at a local Mariott, so it didn't have as much of a corporate feel... I thought it was very touching!) and enjoyed Lion King at the time.

However, the musicals I like least are definately Oliver, Cats, and The Music Man (I don't really have anything against Oliver or Cats- though I do understand the animosity towards Cats, that thing did not deserve anything over a three year run- and The Music Man and I have a love/hate relationship- I hate it, 'cause its sucky, but I love it 'cause I was in it and that was fun! re: Least favorite Broadway show?).

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

Broadway_freak Profile Photo
Broadway_freak
#59re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 6:26pm

"Exorcist the Musical"...ok,ok, so it was never a musical but, if it was I'm sure I'de hate it. I only have this as my pic because my therapist says it'll get me over my fear of this movie. Some therapist huh?

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#60re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 6:28pm

lets see: Aida, Side Show

thats about it

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
Updated On: 2/26/05 at 06:28 PM

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#61re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 8:01pm

CATS. i just never liked CATS.

JaYdOgSoN
#62re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 11:38pm

gypsy

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#63re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 12:46am

The Scarlet Pimpernel

marebare
#64re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 2:22am

Having seen South Pacific tonight for the first time, performed pretty badly, I can sympathize with whoever said that. But definitely CATS >re: Least favorite Broadway show?

ginevra056
#65re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 3:05am

BROOKLYN

The lyrics, music, and storyline are just atrocious.

Plus, nothing would make me happier than if Eden Espinosa were to develop nodes on her vocal chords and be forbidden by her physician to ever sing again...

Urban
#66re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 9:34am

Almost all 'tribute' musicals; "Mamma Mia", "Footloose" et al, but definately "Mamma Mia" for making this trend the plague that is ongoing today.

"The Secret Garden" just bored the nelly out of me. I almost wanted to shout out "She's dead, find somebody else!" - I was that figity (if that is a word) with boredom. Heck, as much as I can complain about "Mamma Mia" being many awful things, 'boring' is one thing it isn't.

"Cats" annoys me on so many different levels, for the most part I have no problem with ALW musicals (even if they are a little to hoi polloi for my tastes), how "Cats" even got investors in the first place always makes me scratch my head.

And I know I am in the minority here, but I really do not like "Rent". It had moments of potential greatness, but it never quiet reached that mark for me.

broadwaygiant19122 Profile Photo
broadwaygiant19122
#67re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 9:40am

AVENUE Q!. It was the first time I ever walked out at intermission. Self-referential and insipid, with an elementary score. Oh, and the Lion King too. Its pretty, yeah, but thats all its got going for it. You can't take a short movie and drag it to two and a half hours.

elphieisperky
#68re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 9:45am

I'd have to say Cats, even though it's not on Broadway anymore. I mean, some people loved it, but my friend and I just sat there like, what?!

Falsettoland Profile Photo
Falsettoland
#69re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 10:00am

Yes, Cats...ugh.

Also don't care much for 42nd Street, The Producers, POTO.

"We are engaged in two wars, one on drugs and one on terror, that can never be won. I mean, one is a group of inanimate objects and the other is an emotion. We might as well fight a war on pasta, which I guess the Atkins people are actually doing."

bwaybaby891
#70re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 12:29pm

AVENUE Q. I cannot stand the songs and I think the cast sings in their noses.

"He who falls in love with himself will have no rivals" -Benjamin Franklin

Videos