RENT Film

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#50re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 2:37am

People want to know where it is. There's stuff that can be said, and stuff that can't. I can't say to you "this is where it's going to be on Monday and this is where it's going to be on Tuesday, so please do go take all liberties and stalk the set," but there are certain things that are general enough to be known, with a lot of discretion. If I do post any information, for my own sentiment of sanity, I'm going to include that I can't say more than what's been said, because I'm tired of people asking me for more details then I've provided, when I just can't. I don't want to be bombarded by PM's. That said, before false information flies everywhere about what's being done on the movie, might as well fix what you can of it, because you know that once something sounds like it might be true, it's going to be all over the internet. That's more than just a minor pain the ass, because everything and its mother pops up on IMDb as the absolute truth. It's absurd, and a total waste.

I know there are many people who have a lot invested in this movie and care a lot about how things are going on it. I'm not posting this information to make people jealous or to be like "hey, look at me, look what I know." I care about this as much as a lot of the people in this discussion, and that's why I'm saying what I can. I really hope that all makes sense.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 3/5/05 at 02:37 AM

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#51re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 2:40am

Emcee, what is your role in the film's production? I haven't been keeping up with the posts but it sounds like you're more intimately connected to it than the rest of it.

luvtheEmcee
#52re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 2:43am

Evelyn, check your PM's.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#53re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 3:46am

Oh okay now I understand why. It all makes sense now, I'm sorry I "read" this the wrong way. I can undertsand how if you are somehow involved in one way or another with the production how some people may try to get you to divulge information that should otherwise be kept confidential. That's totally understandable.

erinrebecca
#54re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 9:51am

Trust me, if you live in the city, seeing filming going on is almost a daily occurrence and no big deal. Even if you did know the locations (which many people already do, I know several who will be there working), unless you're scheduled to be on set, you won't get close enough to see much. And even if you could see everything going on, it's incredibly boring.

luvtheEmcee
#55re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:01pm

Apparently there's some signage going up in a few places throughout the city with dates and whatnot. I guess people need to know if space is going to be blocked off, though that operation is just a tiny bit counteractive. But there are also fans whose parents are willing to drive them up and down the streets of the East Village until they see Idina because OMG she's the best ever, and they think they'll just be able to stare at the godly OBC for hours on end. That's where it's going to get crazy, if people like *that* are able to find out.

PM
#56re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 1:21pm

* if you are somehow involved in one way or another with the production*

She's not involved with the production. She has some person taking her to the set so she can meet Adam Pascal.

luvtheEmcee
#57re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 1:34pm

No, I'm not involved. But of course I've gone searching around for someone to take me JUST so I can meet someone I've met before. That's exactly what it is. You know.

Please don't speak for what you don't know.

erinrebecca
#58re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 2:22pm

The signage has been up for a while. It's not "counter-active". Trust me, most people have no clue what Rent is, let alone any desire to be in the area when filming takes place.

luvtheEmcee
#59re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 2:28pm

Right - most people surely won't care, hopefully. A few months ago, there was a pretty small-scale film shoot by the subway station up here, and people went crazy. I think it was Freddie Prinze, Jr. or something, and it wasn't well-blocked off. Students drove the crew insane all day long; hope that doesn't happen down there.

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#60re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 4:00pm

I was just wondering off hand...because quite frankly I don't have time to well go around like a crazy loon up and about the east village...but I am there volunteering every saturday so it's all good. I saw spiderman being filmed outside of my friend's apartment...and there are always music videos here and there. Though I did basically spend a tad too much time at a filming of a Britney Spears music video...though I did have a motive...a very hot birthday present for a friend. Heh...though I did manage to get a crew guy to give me one of those passes and lanyarns to let me hang around the premises...and someone else told me where else they were going. Did I go...noooooo. And it was only 5 blocks away 3 hours later. Well it's all for hecks...and there's always paparazi around.

Though I do know off hand things do leak...I did see accurate info (I do so assume it was...cause I read it somewhere..and them bam there was pictures in the paper the following week w/ a matching date.) for when they filmed 13 Going on 30 with Jennifer Garner. Being the totally annoying nice of person I am on the phone I did get Jen's autograph in the end. The only big screen actress I ever did like, from someone who hooked be up at the production company.

And yes, people do invest quite alot into it...since I did get the information from some autograph collector that was somehow convinced I wasn't a complete psycho. But I'll sure as heck be damned if I'm like 4 blocks away from the set and somehow just miss it because I decided to take the 6 train home instead of the N. re: RENT Film

Well I have to say I did give the crew (or this one guy) in particular a problem during the Britney video because I resorted to standing on the sidewalk infront of my building to see whatever I could get to see...haha...he did have a kick out of it. But you never know...strange people out there.

But would someone perhaps like to tell me who is running the NYC shoot, is it a smaller production company or the same one?

Though I lovely email I got from the guy who gave me the info to 1330...did specifically tell me not to tell anyone else. Cause well quite frankly if everyobe under the sun knew, there would be problems.

For the most part filming doesn't make me giddy unless it's something I actually care for.

FYI...you don't have to actually be involved to be in the know.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#61re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 4:20pm

Well with all that said and done can we turn this topic back to where it belongs because I personally do not care where they will be filming the film. I'm from New York but I live in Miami now so it really makes absolutely no difference to me.

luvtheEmcee
#62re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 4:25pm

And that topic was? Cuts?

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#63re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 4:31pm

The topic was the film. Not about how or why it's locations should or should not be divulged. Updated On: 3/5/05 at 04:31 PM

luvtheEmcee
#64re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 4:35pm

And you want to get back to it, fine. Your question was answered. There are tons of threads on the film in general.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#65re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 4:38pm

Thank you so much for that information luvtheemcee. What would I ever do without you? re: RENT Film Updated On: 3/5/05 at 04:38 PM

luvtheEmcee
#66re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 4:41pm

re: RENT Film

Right back at you. You asked a question and you got your answer. What more do you want? You can't have posted about this movie and expected it not to turn out with tension.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#67re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 4:47pm

Tension? Over a film? Gimme a break. Trust me there is so much more to my life than the movie version of "RENT". By the multiple
threads and rants around here I can't honestly say that about other board members here who are getting their panties twisted over this.

And yes, i did get my question answered luvtheemcee, again what would i ever do without you re: RENT Film.

Now, with that said I am off the thread since I did get my question answered.

You can preside over the bitch-fest. I'm gonna go have a V-8! re: RENT Film

luvtheEmcee
#68re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 4:56pm

Honey, you'll know when I'm b*tching.

Don't ask if you're not going to be satisfied with the answer, or who gives it to you, or the way it's given or whatever the hell's gotten your panties all twisted about. Who's one who starts a thread about said topic to judge the others who are engaged in conversation about it? I love hypocrites. Really, I do.

And I close with returning your gesture. re: RENT Film
Waste of my time.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#69re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 5:06pm

Why don't you run off and listen to your Adam Pascal CDs and be gone.

luvtheEmcee
#70re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 5:07pm

Oh, snap. That is quite the retort now, isn't it? I thought you were leaving. Something about V-8?

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#71re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 5:13pm

Bootleg? *cough* me wantie *cough* price?...Anyway, I really hope they cut as few songs as possible...that what RENT is! A rock MUSICAL! MUSICAL needs MUSIC!

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

luvtheEmcee
#72re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 5:16pm

You can not talk about bootlegs on this board. If you want to discuss them, do it privately - it's illegal, and really shouldn't be discussed on a publically viewable forum.

Most of the major songs are in. Off the top of my head, I know Contact is probably out, but it's things like "You'll See" and other "sung dialogue" that are going to be spoken, unrhyming now. Not all of them, though - I think "Happy New Year" might still be in, as well as a few others.... or something like that, but an entirely sung through movie would probably bore people. I'd hope that the music written for them in the show will play in the background or something, because it's all very good material.

Updated On: 3/5/05 at 05:16 PM

QtKt Profile Photo
QtKt
#73re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 5:48pm

Marquise, calm down. Emcee was just answering the questions, which I know the rest of us are thankful for, there's no need to get catty.

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#74re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/5/05 at 5:51pm

QtKt, is that you in the icon? If so, you are VERY handsome. (don't be jealous Marquise; I still think you're very handsome too)

Videos