RENT Film

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#0RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 9:33pm

Does anyone here know what stage this is in now? Are they rehearsing, pre-recording the soundtrack or actually filming?

Liam Profile Photo
Liam
#1re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 9:36pm

my friend has a rent bootleg

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 9:36pm

Recording/rehearsing done, I think. They start shooting in New York next week for a few weeks, then back to SF to finish, then they have to go to LA for something, not sure what. They'll be done in June or July, as of now.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#3re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 9:39pm

I would give anything to get my hands on the pre-recorded tracks for the movie's soundtrack to hear how they compare to the original show's score.

Any thoughts if Rosario is going to do "Mimi" any justice vocally?

timote316
#4re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:07pm

I don't know about vocally, but she's very easy on the eyes

luvtheEmcee
#5re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:09pm

She won't be Daphne, but Anthony says she can really sing. I read some stuff on her, and she does have a decent vocal background. So, we shall see.

Kelliexo90 Profile Photo
Kelliexo90
#6re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:17pm

What, if any, songs do you think they will cut out and/or replace with dialogue?

What is Broadway? A street? Some say it's a street. Some say it is the best street in the world. Others think its terrible. That's the beauty of it, it's terribly beautiful. Some hate it and don't know why. Others love it and don't know why. That's what makes it so wonderful, it's a mystery.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#7re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:19pm

I'm pretty optomistic about Rosario as Mimi. Frankly I've been a fan of hers for a while now and I think she will do a great job. Maybe not as wild/sexpot/untamed as Daphne's Mimi but we shall see. I've never heard her sing but as Emcee said, Anthony has said that she can really sing plus she does have a good vocal background so I'm not really worried about that. I'm just really excited to see it. That and the music sounds like its going to be so much more powerful. Can't wait!

PS. Liam, RENT bootleg you say? *cough* could I obtain a copy? Am quite interested *cough* *cough*

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#8re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:19pm

If Baby Jesus has anything to say about it, they'll cut "Tango Maureen".

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Dreamcatcher
#9re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:22pm

Ohh why? I love the Tango Maureen!

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

ikmbway
#10re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:23pm

i would like this bootleg 2 lol

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#11re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:24pm

It's the only song I edited out of the recording when I put it on my iPod. I heard it once and never again. When I see the show live I use that song as an opportunity to make poo.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Dreamcatcher
#12re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:26pm

Ahh well I like it (it isnt my favorite) but I still enjoy it but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just wondering why you didnt like it is all. re: RENT Film

luvtheEmcee
#13re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:26pm

Guys, if you want to know what's cut/not cut/being changed to dialogue, go look through the "Welcome, Anthony Rapp" thread. It's there early on, several times.

rice and beans AND cheese
#14re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:27pm

Same *cough* here cough* (bootleg):P. I love "Tango Maureen"!!! They just can't cut it.... *sob* *cry* *sob* but Marky!!!!!

"It's a long story, althought it's kinda-of a short one." ~~ Wolfwood

#15re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:29pm

Oh, and they're cutting all the voice mails to dialog I think.

Dreamcatcher
#16re: RENT Film

Yeah but keep in mind, you have to have a crapload of time to browse through that thread. Its a health risk to your eyes when you brave that thread. :-P

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#17re: RENT Film

Just a reminder guys. NO BOOTLEG TALK HERE.

(But finding a RENT bootleg isn't rocket science. I'm surprised they don't have a special section in the theatre where tapers can get the best views)

Kelliexo90 Profile Photo
Kelliexo90
#18re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:33pm

I figured most of the voicemails would be cut to dialogue, and there was one other song I was thinking but I lost it now..

What is Broadway? A street? Some say it's a street. Some say it is the best street in the world. Others think its terrible. That's the beauty of it, it's terribly beautiful. Some hate it and don't know why. Others love it and don't know why. That's what makes it so wonderful, it's a mystery.

Liam Profile Photo
Liam
#19re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:33pm

you know when people saie my friend becouse they sont want people to know its them...well im not doing this lol so i dont have it to give out

lol

sharkgirl100
#20re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:39pm

i don't think they're cutting Tango:Maureen. i'm pretty sure Anthony Rapp said that he was working on new dance steps for the song for the movie.

#21re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:42pm

I think that what he said. Hopefuly....

Dreamcatcher
#22re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 10:59pm

Yeah he was talking about the new Tango steps he learned for the song so that'll be in there somewhere. And even if not at least he will be able to tango up a storm! :-P

As for the songs-to-dialogue the voicemails are all being changed I think, as is Happy New Year. And I think Seasons of Love is now partially a voice over and more of a soundtrack to the shots instead of them actually singing it. But hey, as long as I get my table dancing I'm all set! re: RENT Film

sharkgirl100
#23re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 11:08pm

I hear ya!

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#24re: RENT Film
Posted: 3/4/05 at 11:20pm

Filming in NYC March 8-18

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Videos