pixeltracker

Easter Bonnet Competition: Reviews and Denzel- Page 3

Easter Bonnet Competition: Reviews and Denzel

CJR
#50re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/19/05 at 12:40am

It's definitely possible, plum re: Easter Bonnet Competition

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Therese
#51re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/19/05 at 6:59am

CurtainPullDowner wrote:
Marsha and Trekkie and Rick
3 way

OK, you know this was exactly the sort of thing I was waiting to hear about! re: Easter Bonnet Competition Anyone want to give details, please? And forgive my ignorance, but who is Marsha? (All I know is that I am now insanely jealous of her, ha ha ha.)

"In my own little corner..."

Ragtime322
#52re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/19/05 at 10:39am

Just to end some confusion about Mr. Washington -- he is only atching the amount raised by HIS SHOW, not all of Broadway. Not that donating 50,000 dollars isn't amazing and impressive in and of itself. Also - my fav. line of the show.

(Little Sally pulling out a piece of paper from the "Joke Bag"

Office Lockstock: What's that Little Sally?
Litle Sally: John Caraffa's resume.

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#53re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/19/05 at 12:27pm

ah i apologize for the confusion then. i gauged the audience and i truly thought they meant the whole event. thanks for the clear up, i've updated my last posts.

FrancisGumm Profile Photo
FrancisGumm
#54re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/19/05 at 1:24pm

thanks everyone for your great reviews!

could someone expand on the green glass comment? was that in reference to the beer?

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono

MissNY
#55re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/19/05 at 1:33pm

You guys basically covered everything, not much left to say. The highlights for me were Little Women, Urinetown, Altar Boyz, Wicked and 12 Angry Men. And of course Barrett & Rod hosting...

I saw you there too Juliet! After the show in front of the theatre. And you too Taboo, I was sitting behind you and then we spoke after the show. We saw each other at SO3 as well. So much fun meeting other BWWers

jjdude2000
#56re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/19/05 at 1:39pm

Can someone describe the Nessa rose's turn a little more? I wish I could've been there!

Grace: I just gave a quarter to a homeless man. I think it was Johnny Depp.

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#57re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/19/05 at 2:44pm

all MissNY you did? should have come said hello! i wish i knew how you all looked like! :)

MissNY
#58re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/19/05 at 7:25pm

Nessa Rose's Turn was such a great number. It wasn't hysterically funny like some of the others, but the lyrics were brilliant and Michelle did a fabulous job. From what I can remember... She sand about how she could have been a much better which than Elphaba or Glinda, how she got stuck with all the songs that weren't really songs, just a bunch of snippets that didn't make sense. And how she doesnt get to dance because she's stuck in the chair. She should have won the tony and gotten the limo. She made a funny comment about how Idina has a beautiful black car and a beautiful black husband... Thats all I can remember right now. Then Carole Shelley comes out with a big fan that blows on Nessa and Marty Thomas came out holding the hat which was the house in a tornado.

Juliet: I didn't realize it was you at the time, but through reading your posts about where you were when I was like, oooh! Next time, we'll have to meet up. I'll send you a PM with a picture of me :)

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#59re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/19/05 at 11:05pm

I think NessaRose's Turn was a Fab idea,
but the lyrics and arranging were all over the place
and Michelle looked and sounded great but Really
Hit Her with that HAT (which was great)
and it was written by Billy Youmans, that Great Nephew of Vincent (NoNoNannete)Youmans (Right?)
so I'll say nothing Baaaaaaaad

MissNY
#60re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/20/05 at 2:18pm

Some photos I took of the show from very far away http://photobucket.com/albums/v693/bdwayphotos/Easter%20Bonnet/

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#61re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/20/05 at 2:53pm

Thanks for the pics MissNY!

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#62re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/20/05 at 11:12pm

There are some pics on theatremania.com .

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#63re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/20/05 at 11:47pm

for the record....green glass is a reference to 'millie'. jimmy is millie's green glass man. (as opposed to a real emerald, i'm guessing)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#64re: Easter Bonnet Competition
Posted: 4/22/05 at 11:32pm

any opinions of Maureen McGovern in a mini skirt?

Videos