pixeltracker

Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?- Page 3

Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#50re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 8:49pm

Wickedrocks, I think you are a shill. If your parents have a financial stake in the show, no offense, your opinion is taken with a grain of salt.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#51re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 8:49pm

I agree with Plum 100%. I dont think there is any chance of DRS or Piazza winning for Musical.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#52re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 8:50pm

"My parents are investors in Bee and there is a tour in discussion and because of the raves it got, it will most likely happen. Nothing about a sit down production."

(And thank you GA)

No offense Em, because you do a good job, but I think most critics should burn. They have no idea.

Updated On: 5/8/05 at 08:50 PM

TheGaIsSilent
#53re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 8:52pm

Also, the "buzz" around Spamalot means NOTHING to the Tony voters. Neither do the ticket sales. How quickly we all forget what happened to Wicked. It wasn't just the promise of the Q tour that impacted the vote.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#54re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 8:53pm

I predict the winners will be all over the map this year. "Spamalot" will probably win Best Musical, but score I predict "Bee" and book I predict "Piazza". "Piazza" better win book, dammit. DRS will be shut out.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

WiCkEDrOcKS
#55re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?

Ga- Why would I be a shill if Ive been posting since June of last year? And I love Bee and I would love it despite the fact that my parents are investors. This really pisses me off. If I was a shill, every post Id make would be to talk about how amazing Bee is and that isnt/never was my purpose on here. A shill also joins mainly to support a show. And thats so not why Im here. Im not "whoring" the fact that my parents are investors, I was just trying to defend myself.

Plum
#56re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?

You really think ticket sales mean nothing? I...disagree, to put it mildly.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#57re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 8:54pm

::runs away from burning::

There's a difference between not seeing it, WickedRocks, and thinking there is "no chance." DRS probably has a better chance than Piazza, just by nature of the kind of show it us, but they definitely do have a chance. If there's a chance they'll get nominated, there is SOME chance they will win.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#58re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 8:56pm

No, wickedrocks. You may like the show - but your points are hardly valid once you said your parents are investors. Obvioulsy they invested because they thought there was potential - and seeing what type of show Bee is, the investors saw the "little train that could" potential.

Em, what show do you want to win for Best Musical?

Updated On: 5/8/05 at 08:56 PM

TheGaIsSilent
#59re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 8:57pm

Plum, they mean nothing if the difference in ticket sales was negligable. Avenue Q did about as much business (80-96%) last year as DRS is doing this year, in comparison to the sold out Wicked and Spamalot phenomenons.

Wickedrocks... the definition of a shill isn't someone who posts exclusively about a show, or someone who is just here for a short amount of time. If you have a financial interest in the show, you're a shill.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#60re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 8:58pm

But I seriously dont understand why I would be called a shill If Ive been on here for nearly a year and Im just speaking about what I think. Cant I have an opinion?

WiCkEDrOcKS
#61re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 8:59pm

But that is not why Im talking about it! I love Bee and know it will do well. It doesnt need my help to boost it's grosses.

luvtheEmcee
#62re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 9:00pm

More like... shill-esque qualities. That inane naivete about how nothing else can stand a chance against a show you love, no matter what and that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Thenardier, either DRS or Piazza... I can't decide. I'll worry about having to when I'm actually placin' votes. re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?

WiCkEDrOcKS
#63re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?

Ugh Im mad and sad. re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged? re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged? re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged? Im going to watch Desperate Housewives

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#64re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?

Ok, you are missing the point.

Shills usually love the shows PLUS have a financial investment in them.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#65re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 9:02pm

Em- I never said nothing stood a chance against Bee. If I had to bet on a winner right now, Itd be Spam but Im just talking about the fact that Bee has a SHOT at winning.

And Im not a shill.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#66re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 9:05pm

First off, it's "nothing"

Second, you may bet that Spamalot wins - that has nothing to do with being a shill.

Em got it best, shill-esque qualities.

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#67re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 9:05pm

EVERYONE JUST GO SCREW THEIRSEVLES!!!

have a good night

*Kristen*

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
TheGaIsSilent
#69re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 9:06pm

Uhhhh

luvtheEmcee
#70re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 9:07pm

You said you "don't think there is any chance" that Piazza or DRS would win. That's them not standing a chance, no? And if it's better than Scoundrels and Spamalot combined, which is waaaaaay beyond me anyway, then technically Spamalot can't stand any chance either.

Bee's certainly got a shot, but you seem even more certain than that.

ItSucks2BAveQ Profile Photo
ItSucks2BAveQ
#71re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 9:08pm

get the stick out of your @ss

WiCkEDrOcKS
#72re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 9:09pm

Cant we all just stop bashing me?! LOL. I love ya all but Im just posting my opinion. And its not like I invested in the worst reviewed show of the year and am being a shill about it, Im (quote; unquote) being a shill regarding a show that has won raves from critics and audiences alike so Im not alone. Lets get back on topic please.

ItSucks2BAveQ Profile Photo
ItSucks2BAveQ
#73re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 9:09pm

FORGOT Q!!!!!!!!!
it should have never won the tony!!!!!

andyf
#74re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 9:10pm

Hey, you're back!!!

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

Videos