pixeltracker

Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill- Page 3

Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#50re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/27/06 at 11:22pm

I have collected a few of the DRS ads for my scrap book. Can't remember them now, but there have been some funny ones. oo, "Best Score! (Yankees: 10, Red Sox: 0). I think that was a joke for John cause he loves the red sox.

like this:

re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill

or:

or here is the pic with John's gift. unfortunately, can't read them all:

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#51re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/27/06 at 11:22pm

i LOVE the amour poster.

it's hanging in my room!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#52re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/28/06 at 12:27am

I can't pick one so I will plug Sam Norkin:

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#53re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/28/06 at 2:07am

the Wedding Singer's Playbill is nice.

elphaba432 Profile Photo
elphaba432
#54re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/28/06 at 8:48pm

I like Wicked, Phantom, and Hairspray Playbill/ad. They really explain the shows.

Just because I got the lead doesn't mean you can't be my understudy!:)

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#55re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/28/06 at 8:55pm

My all time favorites are the ones from the 1900's where they had the name of the theatre on the front and not the show. I love the Music Box theatre's playbill.

My favorite modern day playbills are Les Mis and All Shook Up. I also like Barefoot in the Park's.

Ha. Poodle in the Piazza I laughing so hard I can't breathe.
Updated On: 5/28/06 at 08:55 PM

bwaybabe3
#56re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/28/06 at 11:29pm

The Q logo is great I think!!! It's simple but pops, and it's soooo recognizable and all. I also think the old RENT letters and logo are good because they give the feel of the show... and what so many others said: the LITP logo is so classy!

oh and spelling bee. with the kids in the chairs... but it changed it used to be different.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#57re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/28/06 at 11:37pm

I've always loved the "You haven't seen?" poster from DRS. Every time I see it, I crack up laughing.

I also love the new poster for Sweeney Todd, all of The History Boys posters (can that cast get any more gorgeous?), and the CD cover for Piazza.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

#58re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/29/06 at 3:31pm

Gotta love the cartoon ASU

but that above is more awesome

Updated On: 5/29/06 at 03:31 PM

JustABroadwaybaby2
#59re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/29/06 at 5:50pm

Rent OBC.
Sweeney Todd Revival.
Peter Pan
Wicked (ish)
Spelling Bee.
Avenue Q is ok.
Fiddler is really nice,
Forbidden Broadway SVU.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

WiiCKED x3
#60re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/29/06 at 6:37pm

Fiddler.
DRS.
Hairspray

TheaterAddict7652
#61re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:48pm

This isn't an add, but I love how both the original cast recording of Sweet Charity and the Debbie Allen revival recording have Gwen Verdon and Debbie Allen in the same pose on the cover

There's a lot I am not certain of...

TheaterAddict7652
#62re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:50pm

There's a lot I am not certain of...

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#63re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:27pm

I love the alternative Sweeney revival poster. Not the one with the razor, but the one with Cerveris and LuPone on it. I have asked everywhere if I can buy it but it is advertising only. If you ever seen an empty ad frame where a Sweeney poster used to be, you'll know what happened to it...

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

C is for Company
#64re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:33pm

Miss Saigon, Chorus Line, and Chicago are all terrific. I have many other favorites, but those are just excellent, completely capturing the feel of the productions.

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#65re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:46pm

Woman in White London Add with Anne Catherick on the fron half turned.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#66re: Favorite Broadway Ad / Playbill
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:51pm

here it is

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

Videos