Les Miz Movie?

gavrochegirl
#50re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 6:52pm

Well, you think that Emmy is suitable for all the roles in the entire WORLD. I'm sorry, but it just isn't going to happen.

And why would you call me "my dear" after I did to you? Poor taste...poor taste...

What the puck?!

enjolrasissex Profile Photo
enjolrasissex
#51re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 6:52pm

Nothing would ruin Les Mis the movie for me more than Emmy Rossum and her one expression. Except John Travolta. Besides, I don't think she can sing the part. If you listen, alot of her high notes are digitally perfected on PotO.

Who's stoned? I am merely travelling incognito.

PhantomMag234
#52re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 6:54pm

Isn't the role Fantine written for mezzo-soprano and isn't Emmy herself a mezzo or alto. I'm sure she could do it.

enjolrasissex
#53re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:02pm

Wait...you're talking about Emmy playing Fantine? Pssh. I should've probably read this whole thread. I thought you meant she should play Cosette.

But onto her as Fantine.....over my dead body. Fantine has depth to her character, depth that Emmy couldn't begin to reach. Again, she has one expression. Her sad face is the same as her scared face which is the same as her in love face.

EDIT: I just read the post below mine. That's hilarious.

Updated On: 11/5/05 at 07:02 PM

gavrochegirl
#54re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:04pm

I can see the dream cast now!

Valjean: Emmy Rossum
Javert: Emmy Rossum
Fantine: Emmy Rossum
Eponine: Emmy Rossum
Enjorlas: Emmy Rossum
Thenardier: Emmy Rossum
M. Thenardier: Emmy Rossum
Gavroche: Emmy Rossum
Marius: Emmy Rossum

And introducing Emmy Rossum as...
Little Cosette.

What the puck?!

LilEphie12 Profile Photo
LilEphie12
#55re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:21pm

i think that would bee really cool. sience it is off broadway now some people who never got to see it can still catch it now. I know i'll see it. sounds cool

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#56re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:21pm

You guys are goofy. I think I'll sit down with some popcorn and let you all entertain me.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#57re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:23pm

Emmy has had problems in the past with getting along with people during filming and such. Which is why she hasn't been in much since Phantom.

gavrochegirl
#58re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:24pm

"i think that would bee really cool. sience it is off broadway now some people who never got to see it can still catch it now. I know i'll see it. sounds cool"

It's not off-Broadway...it's on NATIONAL TOUR.

What the puck?!

enjolrasissex
#59re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:33pm

It's not off-Broadway...it's on NATIONAL TOUR.

I think what they meant was that it's no longer on Broadway. Or maybe you knew that and are being sarcastic and I'm just slow on the uptake. Probably the latter.

gavrochegirl
#60re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:37pm

Ohhhhhhhhhh. I know what LilElphie means now, thanks to the translation of enjorlasissex.

Sorry, LilElphie.

What the puck?!

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#61re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/5/05 at 8:16pm

I love the idea of Kate Winslet for Fantine and Christian Bale for Enjolrus but I think Kira Knightly would make a better Eponine than Cossette.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#62re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 3:37am

I think what they meant was that it's no longer on Broadway.

I'm sure that's what they meant, but terminlogy is important. Off-Broadway is an actual category and physical designation. The only American version of Cameron Mackintosh's production Les Miz is certainly not that.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

enjolrasissex
#63re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 3:15pm

I'm sure that's what they meant, but terminlogy is important. Off-Broadway is an actual category and physical designation. The only American version of Cameron Mackintosh's production Les Miz is certainly not that.

Yes, I see what your saying. But I believe what she typed was "off Broadway" not "Off-Broadway." Maybe she should have said, "The show is currently off of Broadway" or something like that.

greenegirl87
#64re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 3:22pm

do we know when the cast is going to be announced yet?

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

PhantomMag234
#65re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 4:21pm

You know Emmy is currently filming a remake of the Posedain Adventure that proves she's filming a movie. And frankly Gav I don't want to put her in every role in les Miz. I pick Tracy Ullman for the innkeeper's wife (I don't know how to spell the name let alone pronounce it)?

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#66re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 4:44pm

My first choice is Kira Knightly as Eponine and Emmy Rossum as Cossette. I am not sure Knightly because I don't know if she can sing. Emmy will be an awsome Cossette.
Updated On: 11/6/05 at 04:44 PM

elimeyer Profile Photo
elimeyer
#67re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 5:22pm

I think that Valjean should be Dudu Fisher.
Reportedly he is Cameron Mackintosh's favorite!
He certainly is MY FAV!

You can check him out at www.dudufisher.com

As for Thernardier? Well, that would be MY part of course!
-e-

-elli- Visit me @ http://www.thekingofbroadway.com "They say that life is 'Tit for Tat' and thats the way I live, so I deserve a lot of 'TAT' for what I've got to give!!!"

LizzieCurry
#68re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 9:44pm

No, Cameron's favorite is Colm Wilkinson, followed by Randal Keith. Trust me on this one.

I own two of Dudu's albums. He cracks me up. His song choices leave something to be desired, but I do enjoy his voice. The Tel Aviv cast recording is wonderful, too.

elimeyer Profile Photo
elimeyer
#69re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 10:43pm

..and I am trusting you on this, why? :)#

-elli- Visit me @ http://www.thekingofbroadway.com "They say that life is 'Tit for Tat' and thats the way I live, so I deserve a lot of 'TAT' for what I've got to give!!!"

gavrochegirl
#70re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 10:45pm

LizzieCurry is one of the biggest Les Miz fans I know. You can trust her.

What the puck?!

LizzieCurry
#71re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 10:54pm

Why, thank you. re: Les Miz Movie?

Although I should mention that that was as of a few years ago, but considering Dudu Fisher has not performed in Les Miz in much longer than that, I'm pretty sure Cammack's personal ranking still stands.

Liz_Bennet Profile Photo
Liz_Bennet
#72re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 11:15pm

The 1995 Les Miz movie in French directed by Claude Lelouch is really spectacular. Not a faithful adaptation, but a fascinating one.

"WHEN is the winter of our discontent?" "NOW is the winter of our discontent!" Visit My Blog

BSoBW2
#73re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 11:20pm

I can tell this will be my break into the biz.

My Les Mis movie would be so kick ass!

BSoBW2
#74re: Les Miz Movie?
Posted: 11/6/05 at 11:21pm

I can tell this will be my break into the biz.

My Les Mis movie would be so kick ass!

I was expecting more from Dudu. Well, Dudu was and still is extremely disappointing.

Videos