pixeltracker

worst performance by performers at the Tony's- Page 3

worst performance by performers at the Tony's

Blanche Profile Photo
Blanche
#50re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/24/05 at 5:52pm

I also remember the "play medley" from '99. It just did not work at all. I was so glad when it was over. And the Def Poetry Jam I found painful to watch.

#51re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/25/05 at 3:57pm

Mary C. Blige

grizzabella
#52re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/25/05 at 8:52pm

This year, I'd have to say that as awkward and ill-advised as the Jackman/Franklin duet was, Robert Goulet, who clearly didn't know either the lines or the choreography of what he was supposed to be doing, was worse. His performance was an embarrassment.

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#53re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/25/05 at 9:45pm

Robert Goulet was a hoot to watch on stage. Almost as funny as Hugh Jackman trying to outsing Aretha...

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#54re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/25/05 at 10:11pm

Anyone care to elaborate on Phyllicia Rashad's performance with the cast of Into the Woods at the Tony Awards?

chenofan Profile Photo
chenofan
#55re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/26/05 at 12:33am

I have a few that sticj out in my mind:
Idina in Wicked - sadly, she was the same when I saw it live - sweetie pie though
Caroline, or Change - great in the show- so sick at the tony's
Anyone else remember how off Marissa was at the start of You can't stop the beat?
Agree about the plys in 99 as well

"You look like a Christmas tree with a drinking problem!" - MEMPHIS

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#56re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/26/05 at 3:14am

Yeah, Marissa was off during the start, but I was laughing from seeing John Hill trying to flash his duck mascot in the background. I'm sure I was the only one who noticed that all the light cues were firing just a bit off for the whole number too...

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#57re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/26/05 at 3:36am

Already been said, but it's still my opinion...

Idina's 2004 "Defying Gravity" was painful

#58re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/26/05 at 5:00am

DefyGASPing GASPity-- 2004

Also, I found the Lot's Wife performance that same year to be also not very spectacular. It also made the show very anticlimatic in that it was the eleven o'clock number of a new show. It worked well for Rose's Turn because everyone know's that but Lot's Wife is THE song. I think they should have done Roosevelt Petrucius Coleslaw instead..or a cut of it because it showcased Anika, Tonya and the kids (a selling point) and would have been better on our ears and the box office.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#59re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/26/05 at 1:04pm

What about the best opening for a Tony award?
My vote goes to Nathan Lane, who pretended to be Julie Andrews dressed in her Victor Victoria costume. It was cool to have his back faced the audience and we all thought it was Julie.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

jo
#60re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's
Posted: 12/26/05 at 6:40pm

I think ONE NIGHT ONLY with Hugh and the 3 trios and the Rockettes was great - that would be very hard to beat!

Videos