News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?- Page 3

Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#50re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/17/06 at 2:32am

Is the only way out of the theatre the front doors, or are there other doors on the left side that open up to let everyone out? I'm worried that even if I'm one of the first people out the front door, I'll get behind everyone coming out the left side of the orchestra.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#51re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/17/06 at 9:15am

Yes, the only way out is through the front doors. If there are any left side doors (which I think there are), they do not open any of them due to the large crowds outside.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#52re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/17/06 at 9:16pm

WithoutATrace, thanks for the detailed info. I'm in Row M in the Orchestra, Seat 8 -- I guess I'll have to see how fast I can get out of there! I find it weird that you basically have to run out the door to get your Playbill signed!

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

cjoyce
#53re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/18/06 at 10:17am

My seats are in Box B. How hard will it be to get from there to the exits?

WithoutATrace
#54re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/18/06 at 10:26am

mikem: from Row M, Seat 8, you are going to have to step over three people to your left (seats 2,4,6) as soon as the curtain falls for Act 2. Politely excuse yourself and walk to the back left corner of the theater. You can applaud there for curtain call and then go outside to the barricades.

cjoyce: Box B, I believe, is the box on the left of the house. This is good news for you if you want to make it to the stage door quickly. All you need to do is go down the stairs and you should be right by the doors. I would get up as soon as the curtain falls and stand on the left side of the orchestra while you applaud. Then you'll be right by the exit once curtain call is over.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#55re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/18/06 at 1:28pm

"I think it is a grea thing. Only people who paid to see the shows should be able to "stage door" ...just my opinion. "

I disagree, it's not like they're giving out free gifts or something that only people who supported the show should get.

Sometimes, it's the only way a person can meet their favorite performers. But for this show, it seems to be appropraite.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

batchels
#56re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/24/06 at 11:33pm

WithOutATrace, I just wanted to thank you for the advice as I was successul in getting out last night from row A to get Julia's autograph after the show!! You are my hero. There were many people running up the aisle when the curtain went down so word is definitely getting out. As for the show, of the three plays I saw over the weekend it was better than Barefoot (not staying much I know) but could not compare to History Boys which was brilliant! I thought Julia was good, but Bradley in Act 1 gave the best performance of the three.

WithoutATrace
#57re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/25/06 at 12:10am

batchels: so glad you were able to meet Julia and get her autograph. She is such a wonderful human being and (IMO) is excellent in the play.

Devyan1
#58re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/25/06 at 12:32am

So the only doors people can exit from after the show are the ones that you come in through?

-Marc

WithoutATrace
#59re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/25/06 at 12:43am

i believe so.

springo
#60re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/25/06 at 10:46am

Are SRO ticket holders allowed to get her autograph, or is it just the regular seat ticket holders?

Yankeefan007
#61re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/25/06 at 12:04pm

everyone with a ticket

WithoutATrace
#62re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/25/06 at 1:24pm

SRO ticket holders will probably have the easiest time getting out there quickly. good luck!

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#63re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/25/06 at 1:45pm

I wonder if she would answer any fanmail sent to the theater. I was thinking about sending my Playbill since I didn't get a chance to stage door. What would be the appropriate address?

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#64re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/25/06 at 2:37pm

I was in the front row of the right orchestra and still got an autograph. When the curtain call was over and the curtain fell for the final time, I scooted across the front row to the left side of the theatre, and finagled my way out the doors. I was right near the front of the barricades, and all 3 players signed my playbill. Be sure you stay for the curtain call! It's only polite!

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#65re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/25/06 at 2:44pm

Princeton, sounds like a bit of finagling? How many people did you knock down in the process? LOL

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

JerseyScoundrel
#66re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/25/06 at 7:14pm

Princeton 78, you are a good thinker. I have to sit in the center (front row). However, I might try your strategy if people move quick enough.

"This is a stupid story. It never stops. But we keep making lemonade! We're opening the biggest f***ing lemonade stand you ever saw!" -Walter Bobbie after a long day of Sweet Charity Rehersals (Newyorkmetro.com)
Updated On: 4/25/06 at 07:14 PM

JerseyScoundrel
#67re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/30/06 at 7:18pm

sorry. double post.

"This is a stupid story. It never stops. But we keep making lemonade! We're opening the biggest f***ing lemonade stand you ever saw!" -Walter Bobbie after a long day of Sweet Charity Rehersals (Newyorkmetro.com)
Updated On: 5/2/06 at 07:18 PM

Videos