News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Will you buy a LESTAT CD?- Page 3

Will you buy a LESTAT CD?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#50re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 10:52pm

Hell yes, I'll buy one!

Lestat is much higher profile than Capeman, though -- I can't imagine it wouldn't be.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

jimnysf
#51re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 10:56pm

"Capeman" was on the news a lot. Lots of pickets against it. It never had as bad a week as "Lestat" as far as capacity goes and it had a much better score. I am still waiting for that CD. It's a 2 disc set but Paul Simon was so ticked off that he has refused to let it be released.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#52re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 11:22pm

i'm buying 2, one for me, and one for my poor friend who had her heart set on seeing the show in august.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#53re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 11:25pm

I thought the CAPEMAN score was very interesting.
I think Paul Simon just hated Broadway and didn't let it get released.
Too bad, a release could get a regional or Bronx production.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#54re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 11:25pm

Updated On: 5/24/06 at 11:25 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#55re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 11:28pm

For Hugh, Drew and Carolee, I will. They sounded great tonight. (You ever notice how a cast sounds so great after cast recording is done? They were wonderful.)

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

kaycee Profile Photo
kaycee
#56re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 1:38am

Absolutely.

the summer rain just brings us pain, Louison...

joanna2
#57re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 8:25am

Of course I will.

JBSinger
#58re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 8:44am

Yes I will. I want to hear and judge it for myself. Plus how can you not get soemthing with Carolee Carmello? :)

Nycboi23
#59re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 9:28am

Heck yeah! I think the music is better than people let on...and like everyone else-I'm awaiting a studio recording of Allison F. singing, "I Want More".

being.jeremiah
#60re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 12:08pm

I definitely will.

PaigeByPaige
#61re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 1:49pm

Yes for one good reason: CAROLEE CARMELLO! re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?

All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists. - Stephen Sondheim

benjaminthemusical Profile Photo
benjaminthemusical
#62re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 4:43pm

Yes mam'm

shesamarshmallow
#63re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 4:52pm

Y'all who buy every cast album: how freaking rich ARE you? I sell my soul for show tickets, so cast albums are kind of a luxury.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

gertrudejessalynn Profile Photo
gertrudejessalynn
#64re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 5:01pm

I actually plan on buying this now... after hearing some of it, it isn't *that* awful. And yeah, the cast is amazing.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#65re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 5:02pm

I would buy a Bjork CD if Carolee Carmello had anything to do with it.

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#66re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 5:05pm

Me too, GClef! re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?

Jade Profile Photo
Jade
#67re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 6:38pm

"Y'all who buy every cast album: how freaking rich ARE you? I sell my soul for show tickets, so cast albums are kind of a luxury."

Well, bear in mind that cast recordings are cheaper than show tickets.

Besides, it's not as if I've bought every cast album all at once. My collection has been built up over 20 years, and they're often birthday/Christmas gifts from family and friends.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#68re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 9:15pm

Y'all who buy every cast album: how freaking rich ARE you? I sell my soul for show tickets, so cast albums are kind of a luxury.

Rich? Ha! I'm a member of GoldStar Events. re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#69re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/24/06 at 11:42pm

Well, lots of us aren't 13, so we've had many years to build our collections. I don't make much money and I manage to get every recording that comes out, and still have enough to eat.

riv
#70re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/25/06 at 11:15am

I buy a lot of cast recordings, certainly all the Broadway ones. I'm much more picky about off- or non-Broadway stuff.

Anyway, I'll definately pick up Lestat and listen to it at least once. It will need to be in my collection as a representative of this season.
Updated On: 5/25/06 at 11:15 AM

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#71re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/25/06 at 11:30am

I'm buying it.

showbiz287 Profile Photo
showbiz287
#72re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/25/06 at 11:42am

seeing as I had tickets to the show before it got cancelled, and that I like Elton John's music...I'll buy it.

you think the show would tour?> I went to see Little Woman in Boston just out of curiousity to see why the show closed, the theatre wasn't even half full the night I went.

"I'll eat some breakfast, then change the world."

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#73re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/25/06 at 12:24pm

How did anyone pre-order from Amazon? It is not listed there now.

There was a mention on the Cast Record group that this CD may not get released at all. (I hope this is not the case...yes I am one of those collectors who buys every cast album.)

From a purely business standpoint, it would only make sense to put it out if they plan on making the rights available (unlikely, but possible) or sending out a tour (doubtful.) Judging from this thread they will possibly sell 200 copies, and that is hardly enough to justify the mixing, editing and printing of booklets.

Paul Simon was reportedly unhappy with the way CAPEMAN was recieved and decided not to release that cast album although Cd's were sent to Tony voters (who turned around and sold them on E-bay!) It is not unheard of for completed cast albums to go unreleased. See: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=898418&dt=16

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Updated On: 5/25/06 at 12:24 PM

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#74re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?
Posted: 5/25/06 at 12:32pm

Yes, indeed. Flame away, but I didn't find the show anywhere near as horrible as everyone made it out to be. Flawed, most certainly. But I enjoyed it a lot more than some certain other shows I've seen this season. I'm glad these performances are being preserved.
Updated On: 5/25/06 at 12:32 PM

Videos