pixeltracker

John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal- Page 3

John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#50re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 7:39am

Honey,
I'd pack so fast I would run to the airport and send for my things. There is no one that loves NYC more than me.
But, if a major Network offered me a talk show (A DREAM since childhood) I would not even wait to pack.
Granted, I would ask to do the show in NYC. But if I had to suck it up and move to LA or Chicago I would do it.
It is a big break. It is big money. It would mean designer clothing.
I don't think you are being fair.
Everyone has different dreams. Sutton has lived hers.
If TV will make John happy I think he should go for it.
Maybe ABC can do his show in NYC.

When you are a TV star the World is your oyster. Designers practically throw gorgeous clothes at you. Imagine not having to buy Ann Taylor off the rack. I would kill for that opportunity.
Good luck to JLY. Hope all his dreams come true.
It could not happen to a more deserving guy. Updated On: 7/29/06 at 07:39 AM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#51re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 10:27am

Are clothes all you care about?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#52re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:10am

Noooooo. I love NYC. My point is, if I was offered my dream on a platnium platter how could I refuse. I'd take you with me Phanty.
We would spend time in Prada and Armani. Clothes I could only dream of wearing. re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
But I would be flying back to NYC every chance I got to see Broadway and Off Broadway shows.
I grew up with a GOLD spoon in my mouth and when my Father died REALITY HIT HOME. There is nothing worse than having everything and losing everything. I want my old life back. It didn't suck.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#53re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:11am

I make my own clothes, thankyouverymuch.

SUCK IT UP!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 7/29/06 at 11:11 AM

TennesseeTwang
#54re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:38am

I'm beginning to think that JLY has powerful friends at ABC. First he takes a temp survival job there as a transcriptionist for ABC news. Then he becomes an ABC News person of the week. Then he signs a TV deal with ABC entertainment.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#55re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:43am

He is very charming and sweet. I have talked to him and he is one of the nicest men I have ever met. Ever think he is where he is because he is talented?
I know he is. Additionally, he is very smart and went to Brown.
The man is just starting a long and fruitful career.
Love, him.
Hope he stays on Broadway. I wonder if he would ever want to play Princeton. The role is made for him. re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#56re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:46am

TV is a risky business . Ask Nathan Lane. He is doing what is best for him & if it works fine. He may be back to Broadway in the future. If not, I wish him well. He is doing what is best for him. There is no guarantee what he would be able to do after JB so I can see why he grabbed this. It is a 1 year deal not a lifetime one.

The rest of the JB cast is talented & it is a great show & it does a disservice to the rest of the cast to make believe JLY is the only good thing about JB. I am quite sure his replacement will be just fine. Life goes on . Chill out

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 7/29/06 at 11:46 AM

MisterRussell Profile Photo
MisterRussell
#57re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:49am

I remind all that I predicted this the day after the Tonys. Next comes his inevitable descent into a moderately difficult Trivial Pursuit question in the 2009 edition.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#58re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:50am

Hardly

Poster Emeritus

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#59re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:57am

Is he replacing weatherman-slash-golden boy Sam Champion or do I have the wrong channel?

TennesseeTwang
#60re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:59am

Of course JLY isn't the only good thing about Jersey Boys. The show had a very successful run at the LaJolla playhose before he ever came on board.

But probably because he plays the front man of the Four Seasons and does it well, he's gotten the Lion's share of the attention.

That's understandable.

But based on staments by the other Jersey Boys themselves, all four guys are getting cracks at stage, screen AND television projects they could only dream about just a few months ago.

So it's not like anyone is being ignored.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#61re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:05pm

A friend of mine told me he was being groomed to host the new version of The Newlywed Game. That would be a hoot and a half. I think JLY would make a GREAT game show host.

And Corine, New York would never be the same without you, silver spoon, or no silver spoon. I am sorry you lost it all. It must REALLY suck to be you...now you know what Tori Spelling must be going through...

PEACE.

TennesseeTwang
#62re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:13pm

SueleenGay, you are evil. Hilarious, but EVIL. That's the best laugh I've had in a while.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#63re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:15pm

You can't live without evil.

PEACE.

FindingNamo
#64re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:15pm

IF he ends up hosting The New Newlywed Game, I am going to do everything in my power to find Corine a husband. She HAS to be a contestant on that show if he's the host.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#65re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:17pm

Namo,
I am dating someone at the moment.
And I can fend for myself. Updated On: 7/29/06 at 12:17 PM

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#66re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:19pm

"Corine, where would your husband say was the most unusual place you ever made whoopee?"

"In the last row of the 47th Street Theatre during the Avenue Q segment of Forbidden Broadway, John. Have you ever seen that show? It is sooooooo funny, it's better than SEX!"

PEACE.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#67re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:21pm

Corine's got a boyfriend!

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#68re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:23pm

I see it's a manic day.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

JerseyGirl
#69re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal

SueGay - where did you hear that? I heard that rumor myself sorta - overheard some people at Starbucks talking about it, but it was noisy and didn't catch it all... Newlywed Game host, huh... that is Fascinating. Do you have any more details?

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#70re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal

Who is the lucky man, Corine? Do tell! Does he like Theatre? Food? Girls?

PEACE.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#71re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:29pm

That describes Craig to a T.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#72re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:37pm

Jersey girl, I can't reveal my source, and perhaps I spoke out of line, but trust me, it is a very VERY reliable source.

PEACE.

FindingNamo
#73re: John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:47pm

"And I can fend for myself."

That's terrif, Core. That was always my reply to you over the five years of "Why can't I get a boyfriend???" PMs and private emails you sent me.

Now, we just have to get you married in time to appear on the JLY Newlywed Game.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

JerseyGirl
#74Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:48pm

My source wasn't reliable, being within earshot of some gossip at Starbucks in NYC isn't exactly trustworthy, but I still want Details, do tell!!! Is it a big secret or something? How did your source find out? Do they work in the industry?

Videos