#50re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 12/30/06 at 1:24am

I LOVE IT.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

COOOOLkid
#51re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 12/30/06 at 1:38am

I had a dream where I hopped in a taxi cab with Harvey Fierstein was dressed up as Edna (from Hairspray) driving the taxi.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Mattbrain
#52re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 1/2/07 at 6:08pm

On two different occasions, I dreamed about Lestat and Bernarda Alba.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

joshy Profile Photo
joshy
#53re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 1/2/07 at 7:19pm

Last night, I dreamt as I was understudying for Marius in Les Mis and I went on, except confusingly half the cast was from the London Wicked company.

Two nights ago, I dreamt I was an understudy for the youngest Von Trapp daughter in The Sound of Music and I had to go on without any rehearsal. I remember feeling more annoyed about this than the fact I was playing a, like, six year old.

worrell4077
#54re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:12pm

A couple of times I've had weird dreams about going to rush Jersey Boys to find the line filled with people who wouldn't want to see a Broadway musical, especially one with songs from 30 years ago(low and behold, in real life, scalpers are appearing in the lines). There was also one where was on my way to the theatre and things kept blocking me from getting there.

I also had dream where I played Sweeney Todd, Officer Locktock, Leo Bloom,and others in a college production or even Broadway producions of Sweeney Todd, Urinetown, and The Producers. There was one where my college was holding auditions for Jersey Boys and I went in for Tommy Devito and they liked what I did with the reading and I got it; there was also one where I got the part of Bob Gaudio in a college production.

Emcee4ever
#55re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 3/14/07 at 9:14pm

Last night I dreamt that I was cast as the Witch's Mother in Wicked, and as the Wizard and I danced it actually happened...

*backs away slowly from unconscious mind*

K8eeyore
#56re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 3/16/07 at 4:23pm

I had several dreams as a kid about finding myself performing in ANNIE having never gone to any rehearsals and not knowing the choreography. Sort of a ten year old's version of the Actor's Nightmare.

Mattbrain
#57re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 11/4/07 at 11:13am

I dreamed that I was seeing Parade at Lincoln Center (didn't look anything like Lincoln Center. I was there when I saw Piazza)

More recently, I dreamed I was at the final night of LaChiusa's The Wild Party and a friend of mine was playing Nadine.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

roseaddams Profile Photo
roseaddams
#58re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 11/4/07 at 11:58am

The day before the opening of a production of Seussical I was in, I had a dream that we were back in our rehearsal space doing a run-through. The dialogue was pretty much the same, but somethign was off. I'm sitting in the front row, thinking to myself 'I should probably be on stage now.' My part comes and goes, with me missing my cue and line, all the while sitting in the front row kinda wanting to get up but kinda not. Hours passed, and then eventually I went backstage (through a door that actually isn't there in the rehearsal space) and yelled 'Vlad Vladikoff!'. Everybody had left by that point.

There was also a dream where I was in my high school's production of Little Shop of Horrors. We had just started 'Skid Row', and it was only by process of elimination that I realized I was playing Seymour. I didn't know my blocking or my lines, but I knew the entire score and the story to the show, so I made it up as I was going. The Skid Row blocking was really fun, since different lights kept coming on so I had to run to those.

One more, which I remember vividly: I was walking up Magnolia past my local mall when I thought to myself, "I should call Idina." So I pull out my cell phone, click through the contacts, and push call once I find 'Idina Menzel'. The phone connects, and I say "Hi, Idina." And Idina says "Hey, Owen! What's up?" And I say, "Oh, not too much. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out on Thursday?" Then she started laughing. At this point I turned the corner and headed down Third Street. And I said "Oh, are you in New York? 'Cause if you are, I'd feel stupid." And Idina said, "No, no... I'm in town. Yeah, Thursday sounds great!" And I said "Yeah, I was thinking maybe we could hang out in Hollywood, get something to eat, see a movie." And Idina said "That sounds great! I'll see you then." And I said "Bye, Idina!" And Idina said "Bye, Owen!" Then I hung up the phone and the dream ended. It lasted barely a minute. And when I woke up, I was super-excited, because I had nothing to do on Thursday, and I had plans. Then I realized I didn't. But I was convinced for like two hours. It was a very realistic dream.

"You mean what was the best picture of the year or what did they pick as the best picture of the year?" - California Suite

Mattbrain
#59re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 11/4/07 at 12:43pm

^Oof. At least twice, I've had dreams of me chummin' it up with Krysta Rodriguez ('course before I saw her being interviewed on Broadway.com, she had a higher voice) or chummin' it up with Lilli Cooper, Phoebe Strole and Remy Zaken. It seemed so real.

silencio1014 Profile Photo
silencio1014
#60re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 11/4/07 at 2:39pm

i have a lot of dreams involving celebrities, but here are some related to broadway people:

The other night I had a dream that I saw Kristin Chenoweth at Radio City. I don’t remember any details and don’t know if she was performing there or if it was like a stage door experience or what (I think we just saw her walking by actually) but it was cool.

And then the next part of my dream involved my family having dinner with Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber(?). before that I was swimming in a pool with Naomi and then we had dinner with everyone else. We were talking about Broadway shows. Liev was talking the most. And he said to me “you should go see Mamma Mia!” I was just like “…ok.” haha so random.

Another time I had a dream that we were at my uncle’s retirement party (which was like 3 years ago in real life) and my cousin brought Idina Menzel! LMAO. I had gone outside to hang out with a some people and as we were going out, she was going in the back way or something. My cousin introduced us real quick, but we didn’t have time to talk. I just said hello and gave her a hug. Aww. Next time hopefully we won’t be in a rush, lol.

Once I had a dream about going to see Wicked, but I don’t remember it that well cuz it was awhile ago. Idina was there, but I think she was in the audience, not in the show. And instead of the actors “flying” on stage (like Elphaba in Defying Gravity) the seats of the audience lifted up off the ground. It was very high and I was nervous, LOL. That’s really all I remember.

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#61re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 11/4/07 at 6:15pm

i had this dream that i was in contact in rent but instead of there being that fence there, there was an open abyss which was dark and dreary... it was very odd.

I also had a dream that I was best friends with haven burton, don't know why.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Videos