pixeltracker

Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal- Page 3

Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#50re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 1:18am

It said the tickets were $25 and two to a customer.
Sorry if that isn't much help, all the signs are in pink and kinda hard to read.
call the box office.

FosterChild Profile Photo
FosterChild
#51re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 2:07am

I'm not going to review a dress rehearsal with an audience filled with friends rooting for them not matter what they do. I'm going to see it again in a few days with a (hopefully) mostly paying audience and be more specific.
But here are some brief thoughts:
I'm not as over the moon as some here seem to be. First things first, Ebersole doesn't need to lose one second of sleep over Bundy (sorry just mine and many others take - she's not the strongest of singers) and it's a crime that Orfeh doesn't end Ireland the way a singer of her caliber should end a song. And yes, all the hype surrounding her performance is in fact warranted. Andy Karl is the most exciting thing about Act Two - the Riverdance number practically stopped the show. The Dogs are adorable, even though the little one had a bit of stage fright. I've also heard it said many times and now I can agree that I simply can't see Borle as Emmett Forrest, even with the creative character and story line changes. The songs are catchy enough but there are one too many rehashes for my taste. Before this does in fact turn into a review, I will stop here and post after Wednesday night.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#52re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 2:17am

"Before this does in fact turn into a review"

You're kidding, right? :P

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

neddyfrank2
#53re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 2:46am

B3Ta07- What are you saying?

Smartful Dodger Profile Photo
Smartful Dodger
#54re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 7:23am

What B3Ta07 is saying, Neddy, is that Foster claimed he wasn't gonna post a review and then he went ahead and posted one, no matter how brief.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#55re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 8:03am

FosterChild

I have to disagree completely about Bundy when i watched the San Francisco one she was on fire and embodied Elle Woods(her vocal was also strong).

Im so Happy for this show it is such a great show and a bloody fun one at that.
The jokes worked well,the songs were catchy and the book fast and fun.

It's everything a big fun fluff show should be and i think it can easily be the new Hairspray.

I have everything crossed for this show.

BROADWAY IS GOING PINK yeeeeeeeeeah

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#56re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 8:32am

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#57re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 10:21am

All I know is someone said that due to a benefit tonight and tomorrow, they would not be offering rush until Thursday.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#58re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 10:29am

"In short, a thread about nothing."

Then don't come here, EnchantedHunter! *rolls eyes*

Okay, so sorry for asking again, but how do you guys get into the dress rehearsal? Some of you said if you were in the city, you would've gone, so just wondering. Or do you have connections?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 4/3/07 at 10:29 AM

ghostlight2
#59re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 11:04am

Oh, Millie, that's what enchanter does....posts about nothing to get attention and annoy people. It's a form of trolling.

To answer your question....a dress rehearsal is usually called an "invited" dress for that very reason - company members (cast, crew, etc) are (usually) offered 2-4 (usually) tickets to do with whatever they want. That will usually fill the house.

If that won't fill a house, flyers will go up on call boards at other theatres, offering a sign-up sheet for tickets.

So in short, you either gotta know someone in that show, or be in another show that gets offered tickets. I've never seen anybody get tickets any other way, though other posters may know something I don't.

Anyone?

CurtainPullDowner
#60re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 11:58am

You got it Ghostlight.

They used to call it a GYPSY run thru, actually Jerry referred to that in his curtain speech before the show.

It was done for the people who work in other shows and only get Monday nights off.

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#61re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:16pm

I’m really bummed they didn’t give “Ireland” a big finish. I hope they at least tried it and decided it didn’t work.

So are they still doing the Riverdance during “LEGALLY BLONDE REMIX”?

And is “LEGALLY BLONDE” still of duet between Elle and Emmett in the second half?

I thought the show was undergoing major revisions, but with the exception of the new song, it doesn’t sound like much has changed at all.

CurtainPullDowner
#62re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 1:09pm

Yes, the RIVERDANCE is there, and LEGALLY BLONDE does become a duet.

Why would they be making major revisions on a show that was so well reviewed out of town?

The show is in great shape and they can do some fine tuning during previews.

Sykes24 Profile Photo
Sykes24
#63re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 1:22pm

Sometimes you can get somebody's extra ticket if you wait outside the theater... that's what I always do re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal

I thought the show was SO much fun.

Do you guys think it's going to beat Spring Awakening?! I think it could go either way.

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#64re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 1:33pm

Well I remember an article saying they wanted to shorten the show by fifteen minutes, and they talked about "problematic" things like "There! Right There!" perhaps needing some lyrics re-written and the Riverdance segment taking too much time any from “Elle’s story”, so I was expecting more changes.

#65re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 1:42pm

The show looked great last night and I loved the River Dance bit. I predict this will be a HUGE hit.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#66re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 1:50pm

The real question...is bonecake back?

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

legallyblondemusical Profile Photo
legallyblondemusical
#67re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 2:26pm

I've said Ireland, and Orfeh, needed a better finish since the first SF preview.

wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
#68re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 2:37pm

Could someone explain to me why there's a riverdance number. I'm trying to picture where in the story that would fit but I can't lol :)

How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

legallyblondemusical Profile Photo
legallyblondemusical
#69re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 7:34pm

Paulette (Orfeh) is a girl from Boston with an Irish heritage who dreams of falling in love with her fantasy Irish man named Brendon.

ashley0139
#70re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 7:43pm

Just wanted to say "break a leg" for the cast and crew tonight!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#71re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 7:52pm

"And sounds like Ebersole might have some competition now."

Hardly.

"Do you guys think it's going to beat Spring Awakening?!"

It's a tough year and I don't know if the show will even be nominated. If something does beat Spring Awakening it will not be Legally Blonde.

It's nice to hear this show is quite good and isn't going to be an ok but commercially well selling musically that runs for a while.

Yankeefan007
#72re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 8:41pm

It's selling VERY well. I went in this morning looking for an orchestra seat for Saturday - the closest thing they had was the rear mezz and balcony.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#73re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/3/07 at 8:51pm

Bump. Does anyone know if bonecake is back?

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

JumpJumpJumpSoHigh Profile Photo
JumpJumpJumpSoHigh
#74re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal
Posted: 4/4/07 at 12:03am

Nope, bonecake is not backd -- I actually asked Andy about that last night, and I don't think it will be making a reappearance. Sad. re: Legally Blonde- dress rehearsal

~JJJ

Dear Ken, I'm in pieces. Why the cold shoulder? Love, Barbie

Videos