pixeltracker

So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........- Page 3

So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#50re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:31pm

This will most likely be removed, but I decided to "Y.T" old TONY awards openings, and this is a prime example of why the past 2 TONY awards have paled in comparison, favor and ratings to those of even more recent years:

58th TONY Awards Opening

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#51re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
Posted: 6/20/07 at 2:39pm

wow you guys are harsh i would say at least a 7, thats mainly because of SA's wins, and the performances of Raul, Audra, SA and Fantasia, so maybe just me then?

Can, can I have it?

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#52re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
Posted: 6/20/07 at 2:44pm

I didn't catch it, but some of the winners upset me. And as a sidenote, The New York Times sucks at covering the Tony's.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#53re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
Posted: 6/20/07 at 6:44pm

Based on winners- 4

However, it was entertaining, meh, I guess. I've rewatched it. I'm less estatic than I was when I watched it. I'd give it a 6.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#54re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
Posted: 6/20/07 at 6:47pm

Logan, I love that video! I love how the 3 female trios come out, classic. My favorite, though, is when 42nd Street opened the Tony's and danced to the Tonys. Phenomenal.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

peanut2 Profile Photo
peanut2
#55re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
Posted: 6/20/07 at 7:03pm

triumph the comic insult dog 10
actual tony's 0

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#56re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
Posted: 6/20/07 at 10:16pm

7. I honestly don't understand what you people expect.

Clara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
#57re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
Posted: 6/20/07 at 10:24pm

Some person could be very kind & put DHP's acceptance speech up on youtube, I still haven't seen Raul's face yet! x

Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#58re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
Posted: 6/22/07 at 10:55am

7. I honestly don't understand what you people expect.

That it wouldn't suck and possibly be entertaining?

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

Videos