News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Clara's Pony

Clara's Pony Profile Photo
Member Name: Clara's Pony
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Ny Times: says chief carpenter makes $8,000. per week!  Nov 17 2007, 02:23:33 PM
The $8000 is anecdotal and may well be an exaggeration... (even though I admit stagehands' salaries are regularly bumped up by overtime). Also not the first controversial thing said by Joe Allen. I'm afraid I'm only likely to believe this kind of stuff when it's been researched properly & verified...
re: Company DVD release?  Nov 17 2007, 01:59:52 PM
"Most people's brains do hurt" -speak for yourself....
re: Hairspray On DVD - Tuesday, Nov 20 ('I Can Wait' inside)  Nov 17 2007, 01:40:41 PM
It's a harmless song, but I'm glad it was cut. Liked the melody, but later on there were far too many modulations in a short space of time- just seemed a bit too cliched... Did like the nod to Good Morning Baltimore at the end (although I prefer it at the end of YCSTB, as in the final cut).
re: Moments in shows that were wisely cut  Nov 17 2007, 01:17:26 PM
In Drowsy, I Remember Love being replaced by Love is Always Lovely in the End. Neither of them are great songs, but it was a wise move.
re: COMPANY with Raul already aired in Japan!  Nov 16 2007, 08:40:27 PM
"I think the musical was performed only once in Japan and it was rather a disaster (LOL)"

With numbers like "Radies who Runch" and "Being Arive" I can understand this...

Hairspray London - Video  Nov 14 2007, 09:05:58 AM
http://hairspraythemusical.co.uk/vid/video_V02.html

Clips from YCSTB, Welcome to the 60's, Good Morning Baltimore, Big Blonde & Beautiful; also some rehearsal footage & other stuff. Worth watching for Leanne Jones & Michael Ball if you haven't already seen it in London...

re: I've never seen the movie Young Frankenstein and am really excited for the show.  Oct 24 2007, 02:50:00 PM
Good for you.
re: Grey Gardens The Movie - pics!  Oct 23 2007, 07:31:46 PM
Do we know when it will be released?
re: Why do producers share in profits?  Oct 21 2007, 08:07:00 PM
"Why should producers share in profits?" - to have lunch at Sardis every day and drink champagne until they puke...
re: Museum of Broadway? Museum of Theatre?  Oct 14 2007, 11:25:41 PM
There used to be a Theatre Museum in London, but the visitor numbers were very low (not aided by some pretty poor and outdated exhibits). So now it's been closed indefinitely. It's a shame since it was in a prime location (Covent Garden) - so it's a cautionary tale. But with a bit of vision and some decent exhibits there's no reason why a museum of theatre, either in London or NY, shouldn't be successful.
re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers  Oct 14 2007, 08:51:53 PM
As well as UB & B&S, it's also been on CSI, Arrested Development, House and Passions. And yes, it is produced by Universal.
re: Ugly Betty 'Wicked' spoilers  Oct 14 2007, 08:33:57 PM
I agree - Wicked totally does not need the publicity. But isn't this a continuation of a storyline from last season, when Henry gets Betty tickets for Wicked and she doesn't go because of the love triangle with his girlfriend? Feel free to correct me on the details, but if it is a daydream, it might be a kind of 'what might have been' reverie of that night?
re: Will ticket prices ever go down?  Oct 14 2007, 08:28:36 PM
I think it's a case of supply & demand. So long as blockbusters like Wicked keep getting box office receipts of 100%/week, then the prices will keep on rising until the demand slows down (at this point in time, seemingly never...). When the anticipated public appetite for a show isn't that big - that's the only time when tickets seem discounted. Example: the new production of Rent in London, General Admission for £30 ($60 - a far cry from $125 for Hairspray at the Shaftesbury), but the show isn'
re: HAIRSPRAY FIRST PREVIEW IN LONDON  Oct 14 2007, 05:12:04 PM
About the riffs in Welcome to the 60's... Michael also does the yadaba yadaba yoo-hoo that Travolta sort of throws away in the movie. The yoo-hoo! is belted out in typical Ball fashion & just sounds amazing. Essentially, Marc's reworking of Edna has really paid off. Obviously there's the riffs, but things like key signatures have also been dramatically altered - Edna's reentry in Welcome to the 60's is a LOT higher in pitch than on Broadway. Timeless to Me is in the same key (I think), only Wilb
re: Kathy Bates returning to the theatre  Aug 28 2007, 01:52:59 PM
It's a shames she's a) ill & b) not on Broadway. Loved her in Misery (music by Marc Shaiman funnily enough...)
re: What month are you going to see Young Frankenstein on Broadway?  Aug 22 2007, 12:19:05 PM
End of November, if I can get tickets...
re: Michael Ball as Edna PICTURE!!!!  Aug 22 2007, 12:17:41 PM
Just booked my tickets! Michael really does look outrageous, I'm so excited about seeing him now!
re: Favorite West End/British Stars???  Aug 17 2007, 04:10:27 PM
I agree with most of the above, am very surprised that nobody has mentioned the wonderfully talented Laura Michelle Kelly... She has a big future ahead of her. Obviously Scarlett is another great Mary, I also thought her sister Summer was absolutely amazing in the Drowsy Chaperone.
re: Christine Ebersole should play...  Aug 6 2007, 06:39:20 AM
hmmm, Christine as Norma Desmond... Loved her 'As If We Never Said Goodbye' at the Kennedy Center.
re: Congratulations Hairspray and Marc!  Jul 17 2007, 12:01:25 PM
"The thing about the NEW YORKER review that bugs me, is that he is pretty much saying, "Since it is not a carbon copy of the Broadway show, I am not too fond of it." coughcough . . . THE PRODUCERS, anyone?"

Fair point.

Also, from IMDB today:

"Hairspray director Adam Shankman has hit back at a journalist who is proposing a boycott of the film because its star John Travolta has "no business" playing an iconic gay character. The Pulp Fiction actor stars as super-size

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You