13's Theatre?

TapTapTapioca
#50re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/27/07 at 2:04pm

I believe the story with Rick Ashley was different. If I remember correctly when Rick Ashley was around 13 they started to cast a workshop production of it. At the time Rick Ashley was at Stagedoor Manor Camp and they cast him as the lead. Then when they decided that they were going to do the production in LA they went back to him and they were almost positive that they weren't going to be able to use him because his voice changed and he looked older. Well much to their suprise he was the exact same and could still do the role!

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

jg4892
#51re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:20pm

Ricky Ashley was the exception, and he was 17. He was the oldest in the cast.

TapTapTapioca
#52re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:27pm

He wasn't 17 when I asked him how old he was!! And he won't be 17 by the time the show goes to Broadway!

jg4892
#53re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:28pm

Really? according to his imdb profile he's 17. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0039111/

TapTapTapioca
#54re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:44pm

IMDB also says that Max Crumm is going to be in NINE.

jg4892
#55re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:50pm

Well i did a little digging and this article dated from may says he's 17 too....http://www.jewishjournal.com/home/preview.php?id=17047

TapTapTapioca
#56re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/28/07 at 12:07am

Congrats. He said he was 18 and that there were two kids older than him. Regardless of that by the time the show is on Broadway he will be 18 or 19. Who even cares?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#57re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/28/07 at 12:09am

Clearly, you two do...:-p

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

jg4892
#58re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/28/07 at 12:10am

I thought he was going to a really good school...is he deferring? I'm not trying to argue with you, he obviously said he was 18 i guess, i'm just showing you why i thought he was 17. i was almost positive he was the oldest, regardless jrb has said he is looking for genuine young teens, so don't expect any other 18 or 19 year olds besides Ricky in the cast.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#59re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/28/07 at 12:16am

Regardless of his age, care to tell us what theatre is has, Smaxie?

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#60re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/28/07 at 12:19am

Ugh more teenagers.

Even JRB has sold out.

Sorry if that's bitchy folks, I'm just so over the whole teen thing. Especially pre-teens. If I want to watch a bunch of kids I'll go to the local middle school. Or the mall.

Sheila Bryant signing out.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#61re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/28/07 at 12:30am

Smaxie usually knows of what He/She speaks...

Moviefreak2389
#62re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/28/07 at 12:31am

Heyy just wanted to clarify on Ricky Ashley's age...he'l be 18 in September and hes attending Columbia next year

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#63re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/28/07 at 12:50am

"Even JRB has sold out."

...?

Because he wants to write an original musical with an original concept about 13 year olds, and use younger teens as performers? Say you don't like the material you've heard, or that the idea doesn't interest you- fine. But how is it fair or correct to judge that he's "sold out"?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

shesamarshmallow
#64re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/28/07 at 9:04am

Exciting things and worthwhile stories don't happen only to people over the age of 18. Sometimes people just want to take a crack at writing for or entertaining a different generation. At least 13 has a more engaging score and story than some of the stuff being written out there for that age group (not to pre-judge, but Bratz: The Movie anyone?) and could act as a gateway for this kids into JRB's other work and musical theater as a whole.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Lindsay2 Profile Photo
Lindsay2
#65re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:09pm

(double post edit) Updated On: 7/31/07 at 07:09 PM

Lindsay2 Profile Photo
Lindsay2
#66re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:09pm

Alright for the record... TapTapTapioca needs to get off this board for two reasons.

1. "I fell asleep in the second act"

~There's only one act in the show

2. "He got cast at 13 at Stagedoor Manor Camp"

~It was French Woods Festival and he was turning 15 a week after he got the part.

3. "He told me he is 18 and that there were two people older than him in the cast"

~Read the other boards and see that if anyone is going to have any true information about Ricky, its me. That being said he would have never told anyone he was 18 when he was only 17. It is possible that you saw his understudy, Aaron, and asked him. He was not one of the oldest members of the cast. In short, TapTapTapioca must be lying because their facts don't add up at all. Stop trolling message boards please. Thank you.
Updated On: 7/31/07 at 07:09 PM

COOOOLkid
#67re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:10pm

Exciting things and worthwhile stories don't happen only to people over the age of 18.

I feel sorry for you.

And Lindsay, just don't try to argue with people who didn't like the show.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#68re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:23pm

Is the Vivian Beaumont Theatre available?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#69re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:24pm

First of all, Lincoln Center isn't producing "13."

Second of all, "South Pacific" is going into The Vivian Beaumont.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#70re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:57am

I hate to say it but the Circle in the Square is most likely where they're going.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

somuchtodo
#71re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:50am

My (almost) 12-year-old is really excited about this show. Isn't it great when Broadway can appeal to so many different ages and types of people!

And besides, High School Musical isn't really that popular with kids, so there's no reason to think that there is a market for kids musicals...

RentBoy86
#72re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:51am

And how much "inside information" do you have, Ms. Glinda?

[Sorry, but all of your comments grate at my nerves]

jg4892
#73re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 8/1/07 at 8:41pm

Could it possibly go into the Lyceum?

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#74re: 13's Theatre?
Posted: 8/1/07 at 8:50pm

The lyceum isn't a desirable theatre for musicals because it has a third level, and the new Mark Twain play with Norbert Leo Butz has the lyceum anyway.

Videos