pixeltracker

bare The Complete Studio Recording- Page 3

bare The Complete Studio Recording

outovfashion07
#50re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 9:55pm

I can see Jenna being on it since it was recorded in Hollywood and that is where she is based. Also does anyone know if the recording times match up with when Legally Blonde was in CA. That might have allowed Natalie to do it. Just some theories.

tourboi
#51re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:19pm

Thats a stretch....LB was in SF, and Damon and crew are based in LA. Thats a good 6-7 hour drive, and when Natalie would have only had monday off...it's not very likely that even if they were at the same time she could have made it.

Who knows, maybe she is on it but I doubt it.

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#52re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:24pm

I know someone that's good friends with Damon. Now, this was told to me years ago right when BARE was closed down at Dodgers. But the CD that was supposed to come out THEN, was already recorded and Damon included a few suprises or "easter eggs." He mentioned it would be 2 CD's and that there would be video recordings, either of rehearsals, professionally shot production scenes, or "MAKING OF THE CD." I forget which. But considering that there are professionally shot songs of BARE posted on (that website we're not allowed to mention), I would buy that.

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#53re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:27pm

Though I trust Damon's instincts and his wonderful score, without ARDEN, GREEN, JOHNSON, LOHR and HOPKINS, they ain't gettin' my $.
Half-Kidding..
I mean the amazing up and coming New York cast added to the "cult" status this show has received.
I didn't see the Cali Cast so I can't comment on them.
But since the rights have just been re-released
The timing is good and BARE will LIVE!

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#54re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:30pm

I don't know if Michael Arden will be on the recording. He's touring, isn't he? They HAVE to get Kaitlin Hopkins and Jenna Leigh Green. Those women shaped and tailored those roles to come alive. You can't recreate the feeling and inflection they left upon.

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

CurtainPullDowner
#55re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:38pm

ARDEN's last show was last week in London. so perhaps he can be in L.A. to record at least ROLE OF A LIFETIME, ARE YOU THERE or MOTHER, I NEED TO TALK TO YOU, his vocals on those songs were so moving.
As were JOHNSON's QUIET NIGHT and GREEN's on all her songs, well at least we have the sampler...

outovfashion07
#56re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:48pm

One of the other studios they used however was in Northern Cali. I'm just sayin...

broadwayguy2
#57re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:54pm

in 2004, they had recorded the band, but not the vocals for the CD.

CurtainPullDowner
#58re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:02pm

That's what I thought, so hopefully some of the New York Cast could sing to them,
Updated On: 7/31/07 at 11:02 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#59re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:11pm

When I spoke to him back in 2004 after a performance, he told me that he wanted a full recording but they didn't have the funds at the time. He was hoping to get it all done. Some had already been recorded.

Just give the world Love.

outovfashion07
#60re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:19pm

The feeling I get from the websit is that this is an all new recording with all new producers. I doubt anything that was recorded in '04 will be on the cd.

tourboi
#61re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:38pm

You are right. The show is also being re-orchestrated, so expect this recording to reflect the new orchestrations (IE new recordings, not the '04 stuff).

outovfashion07
#62re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:47pm

Yeah, the FAQ on the site says it will be note for note the version you can liscense. And that version has slight varations in almost every song.

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#63re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:01am

Very excited we'll be getting a complete recording, although I do wish it was the NY cast. If Jenna ends up being on the recording, I'd be happy - although I would also LOVE Michael Arden to record it as well. No matter what I'll be purchasing it and am excited!

outovfashion07
#64re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:18am

Damn August 15th is a LONG time to wait just to find out the cast. I wonder why all the secrecy?

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#65re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/1/07 at 5:51am

Whatever happened to FLOP: The Musical?

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#66re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/1/07 at 4:55pm

How have we only had like one or two mentions of Aaron Lohr and Kaitlin Hopkins??? Amazing, amazing talents. They were two of my favorites.

Oh, and while she had a smaller part, I adored Sasha Allen.

touchmeinthemorning
#67re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/1/07 at 6:34pm

There is a reason the cast of the CD won't be announced til August 15 -- it's not contracted yet. Wait another two weeks, and we'll have some stuff set. Til then, this is all speculation.

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown

touchmeinthemorning
#67re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/1/07 at 6:34pm

There is a reason the cast of the CD won't be announced til August 15 -- it's not contracted yet. Wait another two weeks, and we'll have some stuff set. Til then, this is all speculation.

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#69re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/1/07 at 6:37pm

There is already a website up for the CD. The people on the CD won't be announced until August because of contracts.

Just give the world Love.

Bellichka Profile Photo
Bellichka
#70re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:11pm

FINALLY!

I've waited forever for this to happen.

But I really don't think it will be worth it unless they get Michael Arden signed on. He made the show!

"50 Cent is fabulous!" - 50 Cent.

jg4892
#71re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:03pm

According to his blog, Matt Doyle will be a part of it. Don't know if it was already posted in this thread.

outovfashion07
#72re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:56pm

Who is Matt Doyle. Why is his name so familiar?

timote316
#73re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 12:05am

He's in Spring Awakening, one of the male swings.

uhkthxbye2 Profile Photo
uhkthxbye2
#74re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 12:05am

Spring Awakening, u/s for Melchior?

Gangway, world, get off of my runway.
- Mama Rose, Gypsy

A bird cage I plan to hang,
I'll get to that someday...
A bird cage for a bird who flew away
Around the world.
- Edie, Grey Gardens