TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#50re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 10:36pm

Good God -- Someone, anyone, PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD.
I'm disgusted.

SporkGoddess
#51re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 10:52pm

I hate Twilight because it has terrible writing, static characters, is essentially Mormon propaganda, sets feminism back decades, and romanticizes an extremely unhealthy relationship. The fans just make it worse.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 11/29/08 at 10:52 PM

abominableerror
#52re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 11:22pm

It could happen...

and then Susan Blackwell would kill it, saving everyone from the screaming fangirls.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#53re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 5:29am

'Dracula' may have been enjoyable, but it still flopped.

Isn't there still supposed to be a fifth book also? so its 5 books into 5.5 hours

Nah; the fifth book is the first book retold from Edward's point-of-view. And has there ever been such an unappealing romantic lead? Ick. XP

nexttoelectric Profile Photo
nexttoelectric
#54re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 5:53am

Nah; the fifth book is the first book retold from Edward's point-of-view.

Really? What a hack she is.

RyToast1
#55re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 3:14pm

So...any thread we want to have deleted, we should just start talking about January 4, 2009.

Yes?

sleepyguy1717
#56re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 3:53pm

If this did come to fruition, they should be smart and just stick to the first book instead of trying to put condense everything. Same goes for any attempts made at a Harry Potter musical.

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#57re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 4:26pm

Yes, I was being sarcastic, thank you sleepyguy.

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#58re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 5:03pm

I hate Twilight because I had to read all four books to my little sister and have to put up with her constant rhapsodizing about the dreaminess of Mr. Cullen. And then I escape from my sister to hang out with my friends and they're all rhapsodizing on the dreaminess of Mr. Cullen as well.

So yeah, I guess I do hate it because of the teen fans, but mostly, I hate it because teenagers my age don't have the brains to read anything worthwhile and stick to material that makes women look like helpless losers who need a man to complete them (the book goes BLANK for pages when her boyfriend leaves her and doesn't resume until she finds another love interest like four months later) and that makes men look like utter perverted stalker creeps and GLORIFIES this. Any story that glamorizes abuse and pedophilia is not something I'd call 'dreamy.'

And then there's the fact that the writing is worse than the vampire fanfiction that my little sister wrote when she was twelve-- and she's learning disabled.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

sleepyguy1717
#59re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 5:15pm

My English teacher told me that Twilight started out as a inspirational Christian novel. I wonder what happened....

Abuse and pedophilia? I don't remember that part.

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#60re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 5:17pm

The Twilight books are terrible but I can't help but be addicted to them, it's like a really bad soap opera I feel like I have to watch.

Schmerg, I would LOVE to read some song parodies of yours. =D

Schmerg_The_Impaler
#61re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 5:26pm

*SPOILERS* (Not like anyone cares...)

Sleepyguy-- in the fourth book, after Edward and Bella sleep together, her body is covered from head to toe in bruises. Edward feels guilty, but Bella tells him she likes it and guilt trips him into sleeping with her again. And then there's the fact that Sam ripped up his fiancee's face and everyone treats it like, 'oh, he couldn't help it.' When Jacob kisses Bella against her will and she punches him (breaking her hand but not injuring him) and she complains to her father, he laughs and says, 'good for him!' And so many instances of emotional abuse all throughout the books, with Edward always treating Bella like he has some supreme godlike authority over her. Both Edward and Jacob treat Bella like that, actually, with Jacob going so far as constantly insisting to Bella that she DOES love him and she is wrong to think otherwise. And both of them break into her bedroom.

As for pedophilia, after Bella's baby is born, Jacob falls in love with it. Turns out he never loved Bella, just the unfertilized egg inside her that later turned out to be a demon half-vampire baby named Renesmee. Apparently it's 'destiny' and he can't help it, and that makes it "okay."

There are so many creepy parallel to the Mormon religion in there, too-- http://stoney321.livejournal.com/317176.html#cutid1

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
Updated On: 11/30/08 at 05:26 PM

SporkGoddess
#62re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 6:31pm

Don't forget that the other pedophilic relationship (Clare and Quilty) references Lolita.

RoxieRose Profile Photo
RoxieRose
#63re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 6:58pm

What the **** is this birth ****?? That entire series seems straight ****ed up!!

-NGD2225

Broadway Legend- Joined 1/18/08 as DG07

Schmerg_The_Impaler
#64re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 7:00pm

Oh good god, how did I forget that? Because it was Jacob who kept ranting about how sick that was, and he was the only character who EVER questioned any of the crazy actions in the book... and then he ended up madly in love with a baby and Everything Was Fine And Dandy.

(Dude's name was Quil, though... you wouldn't happen to be a Jake Quilty-Dunn fan, by any chance, would you?)

SporkGoddess
#65re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 7:11pm

Oh, right. I've repressed the books.

Sorry, I just said Quilty because it was the name of the guy from Lolita. re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!

BwayLeadman
#66re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 8:09pm

the book was not that good.
the movie I heard was laughable.
I don't think this would or should be a musical.

jimmycurry01
#67re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 8:42pm

LOL I would not be surprised if they tried it, It seems that producers will never learn that singing vampires simply don't work on Broadway.

Schmerg_The_Impaler
#68re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 11/30/08 at 8:42pm

Don't worry, neither does anyone else on this thread-- including the Original Poster.

Mattbrain
#69re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/1/08 at 5:15pm

"'Dracula' may have been enjoyable, but it still flopped."

This is true.

I actually tried to read Twilight and I could not get into it to save my life.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Little-Lotte Profile Photo
Little-Lotte
#70re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/1/08 at 9:33pm

In case anyone hasn't heard they ARE already developing this. A girl in my acting class was cast as Angela and they're going to be doing the workshops/demo starting early next year. Whatever happens with it is yet to be seen, but they are attempting it.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#71re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/1/08 at 11:42pm

Oh my gosh. I had to read all four books (which I hated) to write a review -- and I can't believe I never noticed that the Claire/Quil thing does sound like Clare Quilty!

Meyer is one sick woman. I'm a religious believer myself -- Christian, not Mormon -- but I don't give her a pass because of that. She writes some of the most unhealthy relationships ever.

deadparrot
#72re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/1/08 at 11:55pm

I bought the first book for my flight home over Thanksgiving, since I'm all for a good trashy read, especially while traveling, and despite vampires not really being my "thing." I lost it about 300 pages in, and I really couldn't care less. Of Edward Cullen, I kept wondering, "THIS is the guy my peers (twenty-somethings) are swooning over?" Add to that the undertones of conservative Christian propaganda, and I'd be perfectly content to never pick it up again.

It was pretty disappointing, considering that apparently Edward Cullen was based on Jane Eyre's Mr. Rochester, my favorite literary hero. I've read Harlequin romances that engaged me much more than my foray into Twilight.

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#73re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/2/08 at 1:26am

Haven't we all learned something from:

Dance of the Vampires
Dracula

and

Lestat?

Vampire musicals don't really work...

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

TheHierarch
#74re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/4/08 at 7:20pm

Actually, I came across a legitimate site for this musical a while back. I'm not sure if it'll be set on stage, because they said that they'll just be uploading the movie onto the site, but it looks pretty professional: http://www.twilightthemusical.com
Updated On: 12/4/08 at 07:20 PM

Videos