RyToast1
#50re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:19pm

I <3 Brody

pattilupuppy Profile Photo
pattilupuppy
#51re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:22pm

I wish them all a very happy closing ... and the best of luck in the future :)

RyToast1
#52re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:24pm

Oh pattilupuppy....can't you see this thread is specifically for saying unkind things?!

Didn't your mother teach you: "If you don't have something nasty to say, don't post on BroadwayWorld."

iamchanging9 Profile Photo
iamchanging9
#53re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:29pm

hahaha

hopefully after today we can stop discussing this mess of a show and these horrendous actors.

...everyone was doing the mambo and drinking golden cadillacs...
Updated On: 12/14/08 at 04:29 PM

RyToast1
#54re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:35pm

Chris Brick wasn't too bad. I will say that!

PiraguaGuy2
#55re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:36pm

Ry, enjoy my new status. :)

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

RyToast1
#56re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:37pm

Awww, what an honor!

iamchanging9 Profile Photo
iamchanging9
#57re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:40pm

christopher brick delivered every single line with a nervous laugh and that really hindered his performance, in my opinion. i think that its ok every once in while, but i guess that's one of his vices that he'll have to overcome as an actor.

while i do think that his monologue talking about how he has gay bashed had the potential to be good, he had his face straight to the ground the entire time. while that may be what people do in real life but in the theatre you have to play to the audience not to yourself.

...everyone was doing the mambo and drinking golden cadillacs...
Updated On: 12/14/08 at 04:40 PM

yeah
#58re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:56pm

I prefer the saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me."

"wow. everyone on this board is acting like a complete 6 year old. people will always have opinions, whether you like it or not, but attacking someone over an internet message board is something i might have done in hm, 5th grade."

And, this post puts you in the sixth grade now?

thewiztfreak
#59re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/14/08 at 7:30pm

"And, this post puts you in the sixth grade now?"
How clever and witty!
Are comments like that really necessary?

Updated On: 12/14/08 at 07:30 PM

pattilupuppy Profile Photo
pattilupuppy
#60re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 2:04am

I was just notified that Jean Anne Kump who played the mother, Joanne, left the production 2 days before it closed for undisclosed reasons, and that the understudy was on for the father this weekend... due to the fact that there is no understudy for Joanne the role of the mother was played by Peter Mac's real mother with script in hand.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#61re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 7:50am

Oh my heavens.

Wow.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#62re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 11:23am

Please tell me that was the performance taped for the archives library @ Lincoln Center.

PEACE.

yeah
#63re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 12:21pm

Are people still going to debate the level of professionalism of this show? Come one, it doesn't get much better than that.

RyToast1
#64re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 12:39pm

oh my god. shut up.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#65re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 3:18pm

"Uh, yea.. Hi, Mom. I just called to see if you were busy tonight?

a hmmmm.

Yea. Really? Canasta with the girls?

How about this, I really need someone to play you in my play, because the girl I hired left and, silly me, I didn't cast an understudy.

Oh, an understudy is someone who is ready to go on... you know what?! I just thought of something! How about YOU be my understudy and tell your canasta buddies that you are too busy because I'm going to make you into a Broadway STAR!

Hey, hey, just get down to the theatre NOW! And bring a few changes of clothes..."

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 12/15/08 at 03:18 PM

yeah
#66re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 4:12pm

That bit is better than the script itself!

Well done! A tip of the poor writing for off-broadway shows hat to you! re: Judy and Me

BwayDva29
#67re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 5:12pm

okay, everyone needs to shut up and read this link

Judy and Me Farewell review

marknyc Profile Photo
marknyc
#68re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 5:30pm

I did see it and would love to report that it was great, but unfortunately it was toe-curlingly bad. High school performances that made for a painful night at the theater. Sorry, guys.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#69re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 5:31pm

How does a venue tour? Is this show done in a trailer?

PEACE.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#70re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 5:33pm

"Following the finale performance, Peter Mac treated audiences who were able to stay a little longer, to a few more Garland numbers..."

Doesn't he mean the few who didn't walk out?

PEACE.

TheatreDiva90016
#71re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 7:10pm

Does his mom get Equity points?

I love that Dva managed to find ONE poor blogger who liked the show...

Or is that Dva's blog?

Considering that everyone in this thread that saw the show and HATED it, how is one blogger going to change anyone's mind?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#72re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 7:25pm

Hey, Diva, don't knock bloggers. I used drink expensive Cabernets and fine fish from the best markets until I started reading CoCo's blog. Now it is cheap Pinot and 99 cent salmon for me, baby.

PEACE.

TheatreDiva90016
#73re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 8:45pm

She's the LAST person I'd read OR take advice from.

bk
#74re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/15/08 at 8:54pm

"okay, everyone needs to shut up and read this link"

If everyone needs to shut up, does that include you? Enough. The show is closed. You're acting as if that blog has some meaning - it's no different than the kids who "review" here, and frankly it reeks of someone involved with the show.

I know Mr. Mac meant well, and I wish him much luck in the future, and I know this piece is very personal for him. That does not mean it was a good evening of theater - it wasn't. Well meaning and personal is not enough. I thought the cast had two good performances - Elyse Beyer (despite some really bad dialogue) was fine, as was the friend of the lead. The mother and father were serviceable. The lead was not good - it's not that he laughed after every line, that nervous laugh, it's that he took a huge intake of breath after every line which made him sound like he had terrible emphysema.

The show needed a director. It needed a real dramaturge, or even a friend that the author could, would, and should have listened to.

Videos