pixeltracker

Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS Tonight- Page 3

Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS Tonight

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#50re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 4:12pm

AlSpanish, may I ask why you didn't say something to them or to an usher?

Whenever I run into anything like this, I either say something to the people who are doing it or I speak to an usher at intermission.

Just give the world Love.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#51re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 4:13pm

What loathsome human beings.

You are a much more patient person than me, AlSpanish.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#52re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 5:06pm

AlSpanish...you mentioned
"....Yes, they were obnoxious. During intermission they taunted the ushers because they were fat."

Was the couple a heavy set duo or were they making fun of ushers who were overweight?

I agree with you WAT...it's too bad you couldn't go up and ask them to give you some of your money back- since they really took away from your experience. Sounds though like they wouldn't have been too gracious though. Hope your Norman Conquest experiences all go up from here.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#53re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 5:10pm

I think they were making fun of the ushers who were overweight (but stripes wasn't too thin himself!)

The show was still great regardless of those two idiots, but I'm sure tonight and tomorrow will be even better.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#54re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 5:19pm

It boggles me that so many of you have something to say about this matter on a damn message-board, but it appears (those who were present that evening) none of you had the chutzpuh to say anything about this to THEM!

Girl, you best believe if I was in that house, Purple and Stripes would have gotten a verbal betch-slapping from Tall Queen at intermission.
Updated On: 4/14/09 at 05:19 PM

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#55re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 5:21pm

"Girl, you best believe if I was in that house, Purple and Stripes would have gotten a verbal betch-slapping from Tall Queen at intermission. "

LOL oh man, this made my day!

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#56re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 5:22pm

but stripes wasn't too thin himself

I hope the stripes were vertical, then!

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#57re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 5:25pm

I'm really surprised no one told those two morons to either grow up or get a room. There's nothing worse than seeing people paw each other like there's no tomorrow (be they gay or straight).

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#58re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 6:04pm

Sounds like the same drunk gay couple behind me in the Mexican boat ride at EPCOT. The entire ride, they were shrieking "NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH!!!" along with the music and cackling wildly thinking it was the funniest thing ever. When the couple in front of us with the frightened 5 year-old girl turned around to shush them, they just did it louder and more enthusiastically. It was a nightmare and there was no escape. The minute we got off the ride, I pointed them out to the staff and alerted them of the horrific behavior. It was quite obvious they were hammered. I hope they got thrown out of the park.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#59re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 6:05pm

I think part of problem with someone telling them last night was that it didn't really intensify until after intermission. Unless I got up and walked across the garden myself I don't think it would have stopped.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#60re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 6:47pm

"Was the couple a heavy set duo or were they making fun of ushers who were overweight?"

Heh. I like the idea that because the couple was fat, they made fun of the ushers. I'm not quite sure how that would follow, but it made me chuckle...

I just feel bad for Al for sitting next to them. I've had a few experiences where a show has been ruined by people around me, and it just feels so wrong not only to take away someone's experience, but to do it to people who have paid for the privilege of being there. As a passive-aggressive person, I probably would have just seethed for the second act and then said something really, really mean on the way out of the theater. Because I'm a totally mature human being.

Dollypop
#61re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 8:28pm

Too bad Patti LuPone wasn't in the cast. She would have made them stop. NOW!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#62re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 11:39pm

One of them was back tonight for TABLE MANNERS... with another guy. They had worse seats this time and weren't a distraction, but there still was some hand-holding and mild embracing -- so it seems dude # 1 is rotating his boys.

I'm curious if he'll pull the hat trick and bring yet ANOTHER different one tomorrow.

WhizzerMarvin
#63re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 11:42pm

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

So WAT and I returned to the Circle in the Square for Table Manners tonight, and one of our "friends" was there too, only this time with a new guy!! Purple shirt had a new beau on his arm, who coincidently was also wearing a striped shirt!

I ran into MiracleElixir at intermission and we started talking about the guy bringing a different date tonight and a complete stranger walked up to us and said, "Are you two talking about those guys who were all over each other last night?!" It seems everyone in the place noticed it, and this stranger was equally laughing that he brought a new "date."

Luckily for all involved they were neither in the front row or on top of each other like last night. I guess this new guy just didn't know the proper theater PDA etiquette.

If purple shirt shows up tomorrow, I can only wonder who will be on his arm. This really gave me a good chuckle.

Edit: You beat me to it!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!
Updated On: 4/14/09 at 11:42 PM

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#64re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 11:45pm

Ha, beat you to it, Whizzer. I'm not quite as verbose/detailed as you though.

WithoutATrace
#65re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 11:52pm

It was truly horrendous. I honestly can't believe he was there with a different guy tonight...and they were talking with two other friends outside the theater after it was over - not someone I would ever want to associate myself with. Good god! I guess I'll have to suffer through seeing him again tomorrow night...

AlSpanish
#66re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/14/09 at 11:56pm

They didn't get out of hand until after the intermission. The Second Act became Short-attention-span Theatre.

As I was also sitting right on the stage, with half the audience facing me, anything I did would have disrupted things even more. I told him to be quiet a couple of times, but he was completely oblivious as to what he could possibly be doing wrong.

It also went way beyond hand holding - it was more like one of them was a jungle gym - and the other was a hyperactive toddler.

RentBoy86
#67re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:49am

Where was he tonight? My friend was there tonight and mentioned a really loud laugher/clapper. He was by the backstage entrance - or the entrance that acted as "inside the house" if that makes sense.

WhizzerMarvin
#68re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:53am

Yep that was the guy.

notabb
#69re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 11:19am

it's funny. I read the thread about this with great interest since I was going to start 3 nights in a row of NORMAN last night. And sitting next to me were 3 guys talking about what went on.I believe one of them said he started this thread.And I appreciated the warning. The ushers had either seen it happen or read it here , so they knew what was going on. I think the clods would have been startled by the reaction they'd have gotten if they tried it again. I told the usher before I sat down I paid too much to have to deal with that kind of behavior.And I believe they were on the lookout for it....loved TABLE MANNERS , can't wait for LIVING TOGETHER tonight.

DavidPatrickS82
#70re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 11:31am

This is seriously the most rediculous thread I've seen in a while. Just let the kid have fun and enjoy himself, you aren't dating him, you don't have to hang out with him, you dont' even have to know him. Who cares... Let it go...

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#71re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 11:36am

"This is seriously the most rediculous thread I've seen in a while. Just let the kid have fun and enjoy himself, you aren't dating him, you don't have to hang out with him, you dont' even have to know him. Who cares... Let it go..."

If his "fun" is interfering with others trying to watch and enjoy the play, I say those bothered by it have every right to be. Personally I wish someone had gone up to him last night and asked him what happened to the guy he was all over the previous night.

DavidPatrickS82
#72re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 11:39am

I simply mean if he's bouncing around cause he's laughing a lot, that should just be let go.. if he's hand holding... that can't be TOO distracting considering it's just a hand, and if he's putting his head on shoulders, well... if the people behind him don't seem the care then whatever. I mean if he's screaming and jumping around fine. But one of the nights I was there at the same performance (Round and round the garden) and honestly I was more distracted with the man next to me trying to open up a plastic container of nuts with his teeth than this person everyone seems to be talking about

WithoutATrace
#73re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 11:49am

notabb, nice meeting you last night. you were sitting next to me and my two friends. you were in seat 229 and i was in seat 235 (my friends were in 231 and 233).

luckily, his behavior last night wasn't as appalling as the night before (but that's because he had a different guy on his arm). hopefully the guy he's scheduled to be there with tonight doesn't show up...

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#74re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 11:49am

If this is the most rIdiculous thread you've read then you need to read more.

If more than one person noticed the same people being disruptive then it's more than a small problem.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Videos