News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 35

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#850FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 10:55am

CHILLING!

curel1
#851FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 10:56am

Ah the ending!!

JennH
#852FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 11:02am

Sorry y'all but that's not the original key of Ab. I checked just to make sure and that is in G. She still sounds fabuloua anyway, and in reality yeah this song is WAY easier on the voice in G. Only the last 30 seconds or so is odd as it sits more in the passagio, but 90% of it is easier in G. Which is sad because we all know Caissie could do this in Ab, there's still no full recording of her doing the end in that key. 

And that ending is almost the same as the ending on the cruise ship production, so it didn't take me entirely be surprise. 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#853FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 11:03am

JennH said: "Sorry y'all but that's not the original key of Ab. I checked just to make sure and that is in G. She still sounds fabuloua anyway, and in reality yeah this song is WAY easier on the voice in G. Only the last 30 seconds or so is odd as it sits more in the passagio, but 90% of it is easier in G. Which is sad because we all know Caissie could do this in Ab, there's still no full recording of her doing the end in that key. 

And that ending is almost the same as the ending on the cruise ship production, so it didn't take me entirely be surprise. 
"

Thanks for the clarification!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#854FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 11:05am

I'm stunned! That was amazing beyond words. Such an active crowd too! 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

a-mad
#855FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 11:24am

OK, total goosebumps...

Caissie just SLAYED that song.  Beyond the last 10 seconds - which were astonishing - I loved her interpretation of the rest of it.  She didn't mimic Idina - she truly made it her own.  I've always loved Caissie's voice, and it's perfect for this number.  I think she'll make a terrific Elsa.

And like the poster above mentioned, the crowd was totally into it.  As underwhelming as it sounded from the description of the poster above who saw it... obviously some cool things were happening on stage to elicit cheers from the audience.  

10086Sundays
#856FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 11:41am

I never said the audience wasn't into it. What they're responding to is the cape flying away, just like at DCA, and the costume change. Elsa is standing in the middle of the stage and the Coronation costume gets pulled into the floor revealing a sparkly dress, very much like the one seen in the movie. And then she lets her hair down into the single braid look. (In Act 2, Elsa isn't in that dress, but something that looks like lingerie.)

a-mad
#857FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 11:48am

10086Sundays said: "I never said the audience wasn't into it. What they're responding to is the cape flying away, just like at DCA, and the costume change. Elsa is standing in the middle of the stage and the Coronation costume gets pulled into the floor revealing a sparkly dress, very much like the one seen in the movie. And then she lets her hair down into the single braid look. (In Act 2, Elsa isn't in that dress, but something that looks like lingerie.)

"

Thanks for the description.  How was the response to the show overall?  Was it more polite applause at the end, or was it more receptive?  I know this is an opening night crowd that will be more forgiving to a work-in-progress... but just curious if the crowd seemed to dig it, or if it was more muted. 

a-mad
#858FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 11:49am

10086Sundays said: "I never said the audience wasn't into it. What they're responding to is the cape flying away, just like at DCA, and the costume change. Elsa is standing in the middle of the stage and the Coronation costume gets pulled into the floor revealing a sparkly dress, very much like the one seen in the movie. And then she lets her hair down into the single braid look. (In Act 2, Elsa isn't in that dress, but something that looks like lingerie.)

"

Thanks for the description.  How was the response to the show overall?  Was it more polite applause at the end, or was it more receptive?  I know this is an opening night crowd that will be more forgiving to a work-in-progress... but just curious if the crowd seemed to dig it, or if it was more muted. 

mailhandler777
#859FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 12:15pm

PopAria said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "http://www.tumblr.com/search/caissie+levy

"

Thanks for sharing.  I almost cried listening to this. Lol 

"

I did cry...lol. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

10086Sundays
#860FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 12:22pm

a-mad said: "How was the response to the show overall?  Was it more polite applause at the end, or was it more receptive?  I know this is an opening night crowd that will be more forgiving to a work-in-progress... but just curious if the crowd seemed to dig it, or if it was more muted. "

All the movie based moments hit big of course, it was a mixed bag for the rest between nothing and an average amount of reaction. Immediate standing ovation and big applause at the end. I think it'll be similar on Broadway. I just keep thinking of the DCA show where the audience would sometimes boo Hans' evil reveal, nothing like that here. But maybe other audiences will. I was honestly surprised at how quiet an audience full of kids was. Don't know if that's good or bad. 

Updated On: 8/18/17 at 12:22 PM

a-mad
#861FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 12:24pm

10086Sundays said: "a-mad said: "How was the response to the show overall?  Was it more polite applause at the end, or was it more receptive?  I know this is an opening night crowd that will be more forgiving to a work-in-progress... but just curious if the crowd seemed to dig it, or if it was more muted. "

All the movie based moments hit big of course, it was a mixed bag for the rest between nothing and an average amount of reaction. Immediate standing ovation and big applause at the end. I think it'll be similar on Broadway. I just keep thinking of the DCA show where the audience would sometimes boo Hans' evil reveal, nothing like that here. But maybe other audiences will. I was honestly surprised at how quiet an audience full of kids was. Don't know if that's good or bad. 

"

Thanks!  Great to know.

Notreallysilent 2
#862FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 12:29pm

Someone posted a couple more songs on tumblr if you search "patti murin" or "frozen broadway". Two of the songs are new including "dangerous to dream" and then they also have for the first time in forever and love is an open door

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#863FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 12:43pm

Shocked there's already so much audio. 

Oh my god, CAISSIE! SLAY QUEEN SLAY! AND AHHHHHHHHHHH PATTI IS PERFECT!!!!!! FTFTIF IS MAGICAL!!!!!!!

Updated On: 8/18/17 at 12:43 PM

RW3
#864FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 1:12pm

I'm stunned in the best possible way. 

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#865FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 1:12pm

PurpleSummerHathaway said: "http://oh-that-disney-princess-emily.tumblr.com/

This page has audio of both "Dangerous to Dream" and "For the First Time in Forever." There were a bunch of lyric changes in the beginning of FFTF. Are there other noticeable lyric changes? 

"

I wonder what happened before the end of For the First Time in Forever that elicited that audience response?!

JennH
#866FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 2:04pm

Geez they didn't even change the lyrics in FTiF that SHOULD have been changed. Lingerie? Oh dear...there's literally no need for her to have more than one "ice dress"....let alone one that looks like that. And found some more tumblr short reviews that mention the parents die when they're still children...HOW does this help? Honestly in the fictional world you can't literally isolate characters like or that much, it means they have NO working relationship therefore no forward moving story...plus seeing them as teenagers and grieving together but separately, especially Elsa, was the only thing in that movie that actually can make me cry in any way, and now that's gone. Also....Who rules for 12-13 years in her stead?? 

I'm curious how the final blizzard was staged...that scene worries the hell of out me, scene like that work on film one, but they do not work on stage at all, they're plain awkward and come off terribly. 

Also just hit me. No "burns' for John. I know it's little thing, but having them makes him feel less modern and like he belongs in that era. 

Updated On: 8/18/17 at 02:04 PM

JennH
#867FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 2:10pm

I wasn't able to listen to the rest of the songs on that tumblr, but it seems they're already taken down. I literally as listening to FTiF on the train with the intent to listen to rest when I got home, and went to the same page and it's all gone...like it's completely different page.

disneybroadwayfan22
#868FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 2:12pm

EvanK said: "I wonder what happened before the end of For the First Time in Forever that elicited that audience response?!"

The Reddit guy told me that the Duke does a funny once during FTFTIF, but I seriously doubt that would be it. I'm guessing Hans appears or a gorgeous direction piece with Anna entering the kingdom.

JennH said: "Geez they didn't even change the lyrics in FTiF that SHOULD have been changed. Lingerie? Oh dear...there's literally no need for her to have more than one "ice dress"....let alone one that looks like that."

It's weird that Elsa gets two dresses in this. I know I condemn the naked part in Oaken's song (the Reddit guy told me that part was one of his favorite parts in the musical). but I do strangely see the lingerie dress work, depending on how it looks. She is an ice queen after all. I see it looking beautiful. I do think the movie blue dress is honestly boring.  

disneybroadwayfan22
#869FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 2:13pm

JennH said: "I wasn't able to listen to the rest of the songs on that tumblr, but it seems they're already taken down. I literally as listening to FTiF on the train with the intent to listen to rest when I got home, and went to the same page and it's all gone...like it's completely different page.

"

It's still there for me. I'll pm you the page 

JennH
#870FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 2:24pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "JennH said: "I wasn't able to listen to the rest of the songs on that tumblr, but it seems they're already taken down. I literally as listening to FTiF on the train with the intent to listen to rest when I got home, and went to the same page and it's all gone...like it's completely different page.

"

It's still there for me. I'll pm you the page 

"

Thanks :) But that's weird, it's not even the same page...it's totally different profile and web address...Oh well, I get to listen. So they cut Heimr Arnadalr with D to D in it's place....D to D is quite nice actually, but I feel like it's be better as a stand alone song rather than an internal monologue, because the Heir Arnadalr chorus was my FAVORITE and it added to the coronation scene very well and added lot of cultural flavor. It seems the thing that needed changing weren't changed and the things that didn't need it...WERE changed. Oi...

Updated On: 8/18/17 at 02:24 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#871FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 2:40pm

Like the new higher ending of Let if Go (the cold never bothered me anyway part).  But not a fan of the breath placement right in the middle of that phrase.

10086Sundays
#872FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 2:56pm

Re: Lyric changes- I don't know the movie lyrics enough to be able to tell you that, sorrry. Although I have watched Josh Gad's appearance on James Corden's show enough that it felt odd not to hear their made-up lyrics. 

Elsa's Act 2 dress looked like a blueish-purple slip with a white, shear dressing gown over it. 

At the end of FtFTiF, the walls just turn to make the doors of Elsa's bedroom into the palace doors. The palace is rather darkly lit.  As I recall, the cheering was because the doors open and townspeople start entering, as does the Duke and Hans. The Duke does lead a brief tango style number, but I thought it was after Love Is An Open Door. I could be misremembering, it's used as another transition.

Yes, the parents die. when the girls are young. There is no teenage phase. You go from the young girls to Caissie and Patti. The opening number is all about how much Anna and Elsa love each other. I think that's the issue with some of the new stuff, especially in the beginning. It's a lot of telling, not showing. The narrator is really not needed. 

Hans mentions that he's the 13th son from the southern isle about 100 times. It's seriously almost all he says in the show. I get foreshadowing, this was just too much. 

Updated On: 8/18/17 at 02:56 PM

broadwayboy223
#873FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 6:28pm

So Anna and Elsa still don't have an 11o'clock sister duet? Girl bye. I'm sad they didn't do more with this. They could have used some of the cut songs from the movie etc.

broadwayboy223
#874FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/18/17 at 6:33pm

Or at least give Elsa the 11o'clock number.

Videos