pixeltracker

The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread- Page 4

The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#75re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:01pm

Marin Mazzie!

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

husk_charmer
#76re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:01pm

Well that would lead creedance to the Donna Murphy/Marin Mazzie rumor.

What about Joanna Gleason...she should be available.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#77re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:03pm

Gleason is way too old.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#78re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:04pm

I love Gleason, but she has the completely wrong look for Desiree (not to mention the fact that she'll be sixty next year.)

She would have made for an excellent Charlotte some years ago, though.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

givesmevoice
#79re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:05pm

Donna Murphy doesn't want to do revivals, I thought.

please, it has to be Marin.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

husk_charmer
#80re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:07pm

somethingwicked-
What is the "completely wrong" look for Desirée?

givesmevoice
#81re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:09pm

Joanna Gleason's skin is flawless.

just putting that out there.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#82re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:12pm

Gleason doesn't strike me as a sexy swedish actress who two married men would battle over.

somethingwicked
#83re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:13pm

husk_charmer, Desiree is supposed to be the epitome of glamour. She's a woman who has been able to use her natural beauty and sensuality to manipulate men for almost her entire life.

While Gleason certainly isn't unattractive, I hardly think she fits that description.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#84re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:15pm

I see that starting a new thread really changed a lot!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

givesmevoice
#85re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:16pm

She's a woman who has been able to use her natural beauty and sensuality to manipulate men for almost her entire life.

like this?

re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread

husk_charmer
#86re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:20pm

But Glynis Johns, Jean Simmons, Sally Ann Howes and Judi Dench all radiate that? All of them were fabulous Desirées.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#87re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:24pm

Johns was quite sexy and radiant in her day

And she sure looks like a glamourous Desiree to me

husk_charmer
#88re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:26pm

ljay-
True, but I'm sure Joanna can look just as glamorous.

givesmevoice
#89re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:28pm

Sally Ann Howes looks pretty good, too. there are clips on THAT site, if anyone hasn't seen them.

ljay, that first pic of Glynis Johns is STUNNING.

somethingwicked
#90re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:29pm

Jean Simmons was also quite mesmerizing.

Updated On: 7/22/09 at 11:29 PM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#91re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:31pm

Can we get some young Judi Dench photos? I've never seen any...I imagine it's like seing young Angela Lansbury photos, or a dog walk on its hind legs.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#92re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:32pm

Oh for goodness sake, just cast Rachel York already! If Hannah Waddingham isn't coming over after all, she's the way to go, IMO.

I'm torn because I want the cast list now, but have a feeling I'm going to be incredibly disappointed with Desiree's casting (particularly if these Marin Mazzie notions have any truth to them).

binau Profile Photo
binau
#93re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:33pm

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

husk_charmer
#94re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:33pm

Gleason:

givesmevoice
#95re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:34pm

Can we get some young Judi Dench photos? I've never seen any...I imagine it's like seing young Angela Lansbury photos, or a dog walk on its hind legs.

haha, young Angela Lansbury pictures are mind blowing.

I have no idea how old she is here, but here's a younger Judi Dench as Titania at RSC

haha! qolbinau beat me to it!

Updated On: 7/22/09 at 11:34 PM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#96re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:35pm

WORK!

-Benjamin

somethingwicked
#97re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:35pm

husk_charmer, that photo proves the point being established here: while attractive, Gleason is plain. You're also forgetting the fact that she's far too old for the role.

Besides looks, her personality and delivery lend her as a far stronger Charlotte (when she was appropriate for it) anyway.

givesmevoice
#98re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:37pm

here's another baby Judi Dench:

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#99re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:37pm

Just for my own amusement:

http://starletshowcase.blogspot.com/2008/03/low-fat-angela-lansbury.html

Also, for some reason THIS showed up when I googled for Angela Lansbury:

Rude

-Benjamin

Videos