pixeltracker

My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)- Page 4

My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#75re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/6/10 at 6:52pm

Colin Firth as Higgins, too? That'd be wonderful, I think.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

beingalive123
#76re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/6/10 at 7:35pm

Though I would love to see Daniel Day-Lewis as Higgins I have a feeling that due to the absimal failure that was Nine, he'll be staying away from movie musicals for the rest of his career.

I believe Anne Hathaway could pull off Eliza. Yes, vocally it wouldn't be very strong, but I think she's the strongest actress of the people mentioned on this thread.

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#77re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/6/10 at 9:03pm

Colin Firth would be a good choice. But I think a more interesting Higgins would be Kevin McKidd.

madlibrarian
#78re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/6/10 at 9:44pm

Jeremy Northam. He can sing.

Q
#79re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/6/10 at 9:48pm

I'm pretty sure Rex proved that's not a neccessity.

In fact, I believe it was constructed with him in mind.

lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
#80re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/7/10 at 7:26am

As I put on the West End board, they are going younger.also Higgins casting will surprise!

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#81re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/7/10 at 5:35pm

Ugh, Jeremy Northam has about as much charisma as a wooden spoon. And Gob knows I have a huge crush on Emily Blunt, but she's way too old.

I think Colin Firth, Damian Lewis, or Daniel Craig would all be a great Higgins, but really I think any middle aged British actor (except Northam) would be acceptable. There are so many to choose from.

And Carey Mulligan is aight. As long as it's not Keira.

whitesnow
#82re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/8/10 at 2:00pm

I love this show!!!!!

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#83re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/8/10 at 7:58pm

If Hugh Laurie played Higgins, I'd see it in a heartbeat, regardless of who else was cast. And I wouldn't say Colin Firth is totally UNABLE to sing, as the article states. No, his voice isn't good, but it's not like he is a thoroughly hopeless case.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#84re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/8/10 at 8:11pm

Well, it's not like Higgins is a vocally demanding role.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#85re: My Fair Lady - remake (+ more)
Posted: 2/9/10 at 10:01am

Yeah, exactly, you can just talk your way through it. The article said that Colin Firth was being considered for Higgins "despite being unable to sing," like it's some kind of medical condition!

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Videos