News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

N2n closing?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#75N2CAPITALN closing?
Posted: 9/9/10 at 9:50pm

And even if their contract is for a full year, they don't have to 'buy them out'. If the show closes, they are not "owed" anything, they are just out of work.

I think that Equity rules that the cast only has to receive EITHER: two weeks pay or two weeks NOTICE.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

raulmark Profile Photo
raulmark
#76N2CAPITALN closing?
Posted: 9/9/10 at 10:13pm

Although,I would love N2N to always be there so I can see it live whenever I feel like it, that's pretty unrealistic. It had a great run..or IS having a great run. It made back it's money, showed the Broadway community that an original show without ant movie stars in it is still very possible. I hope they decide to video tape this show. That would be awesome.

CandiceElyse Profile Photo
CandiceElyse
#77N2CAPITALN closing?
Posted: 9/9/10 at 10:23pm

agreed. plus i just know that this show is going to have a great future in regional theatre and also i can see it being used for educational purposes, it really is just such a great piece of drama.

it may be leaving broadway, but it has left its mark in history. sure its no like huge theatrical milestone, but its definitely one of the best shows to come out of the past decade.

Judy Garland & Gene Kelly <3

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#78N2CAPITALN closing?
Posted: 9/9/10 at 10:26pm

I think what I'll miss most is hearing KDM sing about climbing on his back and flying.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

CandiceElyse Profile Photo
CandiceElyse
#79N2CAPITALN closing?
Posted: 9/9/10 at 10:27pm

^amen to that.

Judy Garland & Gene Kelly <3

Spotlight61
#80N2CAPITALN closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 1:30pm

You wouldn't have to buy their contracts out. The producer would give them notice and this would be included in their contracts of employment. Well that is what happens in the UK and I can't imagine that Broadway would be any different. Would it?

Also some of the replies to this original posting are anything but normal!! Updated On: 9/10/10 at 01:30 PM

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#81N2CAPITALN closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 2:12pm

Very sad news. But, the show got its message out, and that's what matters.

Just bought my first pair of ticket's for the "New Year's Closing Weekend" ...gonna be hard to say goodbye to this one.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08
Updated On: 9/10/10 at 02:12 PM

tking001
#82N2CAPITALN closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:08pm

Any idea when the official announcmnet will come?
No chance on discounts for the final show right?

sundaymorning6am
#83N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:13pm

It's not closing yet. It was a publicity stunt.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#84N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:39pm

A publicity stunt has to get out to the general public.... not members on a theatre fan site, that avoids the whole point of a publicity stunt.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#85N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:40pm

It's not closing yet.

It's closing.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#86N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:47pm

It's not closing yet. It was a publicity stunt.

N2N closing?

Any idea when the official announcmnet will come?

This IS an official announcement.

tking001
#87N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:51pm

I mean like one on Playbill or BWW press relase

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#88N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:51pm

Just got my nice little N2N mailer from Telecharge...It's indeed closing, such a shame.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

TheatreFan4
#89N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 3:56pm

I mean like one on Playbill or BWW press relase

Why? That doesn't make it anymore official.

tking001
#90N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 4:11pm

I asked at the box office last night and they said they didn't know anything

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#91N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 4:32pm

Does anyone else wonder if the show might be doing better if they had cast someone with more of a rock belt like Judy Kuhn or Carolee Carmello? Nothing against Marin, who I think is very talented, but I just think it makes the score feel more exciting.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Updated On: 9/10/10 at 04:32 PM

TheatreFan4
#92N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 4:35pm

I think that Carolee Carmello or Ruthie Henshall would be marvelous Dianas.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#93N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 4:41pm

The show's grosses have nothing to do with the fact that Marin is not a "rock" belter. Next to Normal has had an amazing run, and unfortunately it's closing. But that's life. The world will still go on. Broadway isn't going to die on January 2nd.

tking001
#94N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 4:43pm

I'm just confused as to why Playbill hasn't covered it yet

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#95N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 5:10pm

If you go to the 2nd page of this thread and scroll 4/5 of the way down, you will notice on CyCoSpAz2 post with a picture of the said promotion leaflet, indeed it has been photo-shopped as it says OCTOBER 2, so yes this is a fake and a wind up, but saying that it will more than likely close in January as the grosses have been poor.

TheatreFan4
#96N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 5:14pm

THAT was fake, but this one is real.
N2N closing?

tking001
#97N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 5:39pm

Telecharge just released seats for 2 more weeks
Does this mean its closing on the 16th now not the 2nd?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#98N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 6:33pm

There can be NO press release until the producers create one. THEY are the only ones that can do so. Anything else is just speculation and rumor.

If they only released two more weeks, it's a good GUESS that this might be the new closing date.

I will suspect that someone is going to get into some trouble over the release of that pamphlet.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dragonlp86 Profile Photo
dragonlp86
#99N2N closing?
Posted: 9/10/10 at 6:48pm

They've got two shows listed for the 16th. One is at 3pm and the other is at 7:30pm.

Videos