pixeltracker

2016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade- Page 4

2016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade

evic
#752016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/24/16 at 5:56pm

Who knew that Baltimore had such beautiful mountain ranges?  

hairspraydude1962
#762016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/24/16 at 6:00pm

The HAIRSPRAY LIVE performance was absolutely pre-recorded — confirmed by various cast members. Plus, Harvey posted on social media last night about the cast and crew going separate ways for Thanksgiving.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#772016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/24/16 at 6:01pm

Evic, oh my. Thanks for that.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#782016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/24/16 at 6:36pm

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "Hairspray Live was a mixed bag. Maddie looked and sounded great, as did J Hud. I know Ariana will step it up when it's live, but her dancing was a little questionable."

I'm almost positive she's doing it to honor Kerry Butler's dance style as Penny. If you compare them, they're almost identical, and Ariana has stated many times that she's a huge fan of Butler's interpretation. Or she may just be an awkward dancer, but I doubt it.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

pupscotch
#792016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/24/16 at 7:59pm

In my opinion, Ariana didn't sound great at all. Not what I was expecting for that part, she just sang it like she sings all of her songs. I hope she can at least have better diction for the live performance. Other than that I really enjoyed the cast 

ProducersFan
#802016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/24/16 at 9:25pm

evic said: "Who knew that Baltimore had such beautiful mountain ranges? "

As someone born and raised 30 minutes north of Baltimore, your message made me literally laugh out loud! Too funny! And yes, I had a similar thought - hopefully they don't use those camera angles during the actual performance...

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#812016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/25/16 at 2:05am

School of Rock was downright awful. He can't sing the part. Why the f--k would you use that to promote your show? Awful. 

mailhandler777
#822016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/25/16 at 6:19am

I just watched the ones shown on CBS and thought On Your Feet was the best out of all of them on both channels.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#832016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/25/16 at 12:27pm

Yikes, the School of Rock one made me have zero desire to return to the show with the new Dewey.

As someone who thought On Your Feet's Tony performance was terrible, I thought they pulled it together big time for this broadcast. Kudos.

Everything else was pretty okay. Though The Color Purple can do absolutely no wrong ever.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#842016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/25/16 at 3:07pm

I was really disappointed in Eric Petersen's vocals during that School of Rock performance.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

ArtMan
#852016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/25/16 at 8:44pm

While I am a fan of Ariana Grande, after seeing that clip, the girl really needs to eat. She looks like she barely weighs 90 pounds.  Maybe instead of licking doughnuts, she should eat quite a few.

dfrillsnedit
#862016 Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade
Posted: 11/30/16 at 1:03pm

I'm glad I wasn't the only person disappointed by School of Rock. I'm not sure if its because I've gotten so used to Alex's vocals at this point (even towards the end when they got more rough) but Eric's voice sounded a hot mess. 

Videos