pixeltracker

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards- Page 4

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards

Lapetiteactrice
#75COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/5/17 at 7:12pm

Yeah I also have not heard anything. This was a big undertaking I'm sure, and I know S/W is pretty busy anyway. So hopefully people hear tomorrow morning! 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#76COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 7:27am

This is it, guys! Good luck! heart

I just hope that something like this will happen again in the future.

whizzer_wins Profile Photo
whizzer_wins
#77COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 7:31am

good luck today everyone!

RickOrTreat Profile Photo
RickOrTreat
#78COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 11:23am

Good luck everyone! Still no word. 

Lapetiteactrice
#79COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 12:38pm

I heard back around noon! Good luck to all of you. <3

Jaredinsc
#80COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 12:40pm

Was it a call? An email?

RickOrTreat Profile Photo
RickOrTreat
#81COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 12:42pm

I got an email at 11:55. Further details to come later. I cant express how overjoyed and thankful I am for this DREAM COME TRUE opportunity with a show that I love. Good luck everyone!

Jaredinsc
#82COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 12:43pm

Ah man, looks like nothing for me. Congrats though you guys!

whizzer_wins
#83COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 1:12pm

Is there a chance for anyone who hasn't received an email yet?

Jaredinsc
#84COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 1:14pm

whizzer_wins said: "Is there a chance for anyone who hasn't received an email yet?

"Idk, its not looking good. I've just resorted to putting on Falsettos and quietly being sad while I'm at work lol

lyceum Profile Photo
lyceum
#85COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 1:39pm

I also got an email around 1:15 saying that I was selected to take part in the performance and there would be more info about rehearsals forthcoming!

It doesn't seem like they're sending rejection emails to people on the shortlist who weren't chosen to perform. I know this is the standard in most art fields but I still find it saddening. It's sometimes hard to want to keep trying for things when most of the time people won't even bother to send a form rejection acknowledging your existence.

That said I'm so excited to be performing!!! Out of curiosity what were most peoples' paragraphs they submitted like?

whizzer_wins
#86COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 2:27pm

For anyone who has not received an email, including me, you have not been chosen unfortunately. COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards

Jaredinsc
#87COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 2:28pm

whizzer_wins said: "For anyone who has not received an email, including me, you have not been chosen unfortunately. COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards

" Aw. Okay. Thanks for letting us know.

disneybroadwayfan22
#88COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 2:29pm

Congrats guys!!!! Ahhhh, you need to tell us about every single moment from rehearsals to Tony morning to the actual performance!

I'm sorry whizzer sad

SaveSave

Updated On: 6/6/17 at 02:29 PM

iowaopoly08
#89COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 3:22pm

Congrats everyone!

I always suspected that a majority of the extras would be theatre actors that weren't currently attached to a project but that S/W was familiar with; so it'll be interesting to see how many superfans made it in!

disneybroadwayfan22
#90COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 4:20pm

I'm so happy to report that the girl who bought the book to the cast recording got in. I'm over the moon for her!

cdf1983 Profile Photo
cdf1983
#91COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 7:16pm

To all those who got in; did you submit more than just the photo? Because what I've seen, the majority of people who've gotten in went the extra mile to submit multiple pictures and their resumes, and that's who the company chose? 

I feel like that's a little unfair? 

But again, I haven't seen what everyone submitted. It could have no correlation for all I know. 

Lapetiteactrice
#92COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/6/17 at 8:04pm

cdf1983 said: "To all those who got in; did you submit more than just the photo? Because what I've seen, the majority of people who've gotten in went the extra mile to submit multiple pictures and their resumes, and that's who the company chose? 

I feel like that's a little unfair? 

But again, I haven't seen what everyone submitted. It could have no correlation for all I know. 

"

When I saw the notice and that it was S/W casting, I chose to treat it like I would any other casting submission and included a candid photo, my headshot, and my resume. I have a friend who is an actor as well who ended up being chosen but I have no idea if he sent multiple photos or a resume in. There were some people on tumblr I saw who are not performers who were selected, so I assume they probably just sent a photo or two in. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#93COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/8/17 at 9:09am

To the lucky people who are starting rehearsals today: Have a fantastic time, living your Broadway dreams! Savor every minute and don't forget to tell us every second of it! heartheartheart

lyceum Profile Photo
lyceum
#94COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/8/17 at 3:57pm

Thanks Disney! I'm not sure about others cast but as far as I know my first call time is tomorrow. It seems like we're scheduled for a camera blocking rehearsal at Radio City tomorrow at 1:30 and then two separate rehearsal blocks on Tony Sunday. From the email I got from the company manager it also seems like we're all invited to the Great Comet Tony after party as well! 

disneybroadwayfan22
#95COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/8/17 at 6:43pm

Yeah! I know about the party from someone from Tumblr. Ugggghhhh, I'm so jealous! crying

eponine882
#96COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/8/17 at 7:04pm

While I didn't even make the short list, I did just now get an email from S/W thanking me for my submission.  Most of it seemed like a form letter, but there were a few sentences tacked on at the end that were definitely from someone who had read what I wrote about what the show means to me.  In spite of my disappointment at not being picked, I admit it was a nice touch to acknowledge the submissions that weren't chosen!

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#97COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/8/17 at 7:07pm

eponine882 said: "While I didn't even make the short list, I did just now get an email from S/W thanking me for my submission.  Most of it seemed like a form letter, but there were a few sentences tacked on at the end that were definitely from someone who had read what I wrote about what the show means to me.  In spite of my disappointment at not being picked, I admit it was a nice touch to acknowledge the submissions that weren't chosen!

"

I didn't even get that lol

disneybroadwayfan22
#98COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/8/17 at 8:35pm

Maybe they're starting to come out.

ameleigh
#99COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/8/17 at 9:00pm

I'm really disappointed in them and heartbroken too. They made it sound like it would be first come, first served. Never did they tell die hard fans that it would be an unfair selection process. Yes, they didn't have to do it at all, I get that. But they got a lot of die hard fans hopes up very high, left us hanging all this time, were totally unfair and used a bunch of actors who are affiliated with the casting agency instead of fans. 

Videos