pixeltracker

Actors that write back to your letters- Page 4

Actors that write back to your letters

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#75re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 5:13pm

Ok, this thread and a couple other factors has made me to decide to write acors I really admire. I don't know if there is a guideline for writing the perfect letter or anything, I think I'm just going to be honest about what I liked about their performance, CD or whatever.

If you send your own photo, you should probably send a SASE, right? The thing is....I have some great photos of various people and would love to get them signed but I'm very nervous about sending one, fearing that I'll lose the photo if they don't reply. Example - I have a great photo of Raul but I read that one person never heard back and another did. Should I bother sending the photo? Suggestions?

For those people who have used SASE, do you believe it increases your chance to hear back?

Also what if an actor is not doing a show? Where can you send a letter?

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#76re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 5:24pm

I forgot to add this to my other post, but someone I know (who is quite a bit older) wrote to Judy Garland, and I guess she mentioned that she was going to be at a certain show because she was invited backstage after the show to meet Ms. Garland and she signed something as well.
I wasn't even born when this happened, but I'm jealous anyway.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#77re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 9:56pm

Another thought....

What about writing letters and dropping them off at a theater where whoever you write to is performing?

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#78re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 10:04pm

once at rent i gave joey fatone a letter and never got anything back.

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#79re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 10:12pm

'How do you people get stars' email addresses???! That's not something I would think would be a very public thing...'

He asked me for mine at the stagedoor after reading my letter. It's not made public on any sites, though, but there are others who make public ones for fans to write to.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1
Updated On: 3/14/04 at 10:12 PM

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#80re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/14/04 at 11:38pm

Yeah but that was Joey Fatone (no offense). I've heard that Douglas Sills is a good guy so I get it's worth a shot? Maybe?

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#81re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/15/04 at 3:56pm

A select few:

* Sutton Foster (while still in Les Miz)
* Lisa Vroman
* Herbert Kretzmer (I know, not an actor)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#82re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/15/04 at 3:59pm

bronte604, I haven't written to anyone, but I met Douglas Sills. I'd definitely give it a shot. He was really sweet.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Chrysanthemum62001
#83re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/15/04 at 8:24pm

Yeah, if I had to guess, I'd say he would reply. What a charmer.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#84re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/15/04 at 8:56pm

Asking for a headshot (including SASE): Okay or no? One of my friends asked Daphne Rubin-Vega and she sent her one with a note as well. What's the general policy for this?

There is none. She sent me those on her own lol. *Waves* Chello, DI.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#85re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/15/04 at 10:05pm

ok i guess im just completely out of touch with the broadway fan's world (but i wont be next year because im moving to NYC!) but what is SASE? that is probably a really dumb question but i am lost

Chrysanthemum62001
#86re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/15/04 at 10:10pm

Congrats on the moving to NYC bit...I'm jealous! Anyways, it's not a dumb question, it still confuses me sometimes at first glance. SASE stands for Self Adressed Stamped Envelope. Happy writing!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#87re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/16/04 at 1:50am

sending a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope REAAAAALLLLLY increases your chances of getting something back!

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#88re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/16/04 at 5:12am

I have thrown this question out here before but what would be the odds (even if I could get it to her) of me getting anything from Susan Stroman?
I'm not interested in signed thinks, I just am interested in knowing how she approches projects etc.

Ruffian
#89re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/16/04 at 11:10am

...when Stephen Dillane was here for "THE REAL THING" he sent me a photo & a gracious letter.

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#91re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/17/04 at 1:36am

I don't remember anyone mentioning her.....but I definately would love to write to Isabel Keating, has anyone done so?

citylights
#92re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/19/04 at 6:55pm

I'd like to write to Adam Pascal- not just email, I want to include a SASE, so where would I address it?

Ruffian
#93re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/19/04 at 7:21pm

I never include the SASE...to me it is as if you are expecting a response, when I am writing to tell them how much I enjoyed a performance....I dont want it to appear as if I am insisting on a reply. But thats just me.

In addition to Dillane responding, I got answers back from Iain Glen (twice) and Will Kemp when he was in "Swan Lake"...also the Ballet Dancer Julio Bocca sent me a signed photo

Good Luck

luvtheEmcee
#94re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/19/04 at 8:58pm

citylights, since Adam's not doing a show now, that might be sort of difficult... I would check out his website (either www.adampascal.net or www.sh-k-boom.com) and look on there and see if there's a way to contact him by mail. If not, go ahead and e-mail him. He'll write back.

Updated On: 3/19/04 at 08:58 PM

NativeNewYorker
#95re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/20/04 at 10:04am

citylights...just write to him in care of the sh-k-boom address on his CDs. (If you don't have it, it's also on Debbie Does Dallas, Last 5 Years, Sherie Rene and Alice's albums.) Updated On: 3/20/04 at 10:04 AM

citylights
beacon1
#97re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I've written a letter to...
Posted: 3/20/04 at 12:21pm

Okay. I'm poised to write my first letter to an actor. (I'm not counting my teenage letters to Donny Osmond. LOL!)

Short and sweet. Admire the work/praise skill. Sign off, correct?

If it looks too labor-intensive it'll get passed over, right?

(I didn't worry this much about my law school application essay!)

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#98re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 3/20/04 at 12:41pm

Just received back from Idina! :) She's so sweet!

luvtheEmcee
#99re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 3/20/04 at 4:22pm

citylights, Adam took almost a year to respond to my email... but I forgive him, he's a busy guy. By the time he actually saw my email, my question was totally obsolete, but he wrote back anyway, which was really sweet. (hey, that rhymes... God, I'm such a dork...)

Anyway, I sort of think that an actual letter might elicit a quicker response, if someone from sh-k-boom gets it to him. Has anyone written to Adam? Has he written back? I'm thinking about writing to him, so let me know what happens.

Updated On: 3/20/04 at 04:22 PM

Videos