pixeltracker

Actors that write back to your letters

Actors that write back to your letters

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#0Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 3:42pm

Can anyone name a few?? I've written to a couple actors (mainly from Phantom) and only Howard McGillin wrote me back.

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

Bway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
#1re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 3:46pm

Gavin with his chicken scratch handwritting re: Actors that write back to your letters and Sutton, twice.

HunterFosterIsMyGod Profile Photo
HunterFosterIsMyGod
#2re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 3:51pm

John Selya, Elizabeth Parkinson, Eamon Foley (the kid in Gypsy), and few more that I can't remember.

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#3re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 3:54pm

I have received handwritten or typed notes from Stephen Sondheim, Tommy Tune, Julie Andrews, Tyne Daly, and Carolee Carmello, to name a few.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Mattio98
#4re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 3:56pm

Chita Rivera

beacon1
#5re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 4:00pm

What is the key to getting a response. Short and sweet? An interesting question (a topic not covered in a published interview)? Has anyone noticed any trends in when they get responses?

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 4:18pm

sutton foster and harvey fierstein have wrote back to me. Im writing to hugh jackman, chenowith, nd ms, menzel..so i hope to get a response to them!!=D

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Broadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 4:23pm

When I was in high school and first saw PHANTOM I wrote a fan letter to Phantom actor, Tim Nolan, who wrote me back on Phantom personalized stationary as well as sent me a signed photo. Rebecca Luker and Chris Groendaal (sp?) wrote and sent pics as well. One of the actors who played Raoul sent me a christmas card.

I never wrote any other actors....

Call it a regime change...

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 4:46pm

There is no 'key.' If you *just* want a response, don't write. If you want to say something sincere, just to say it with no real concern for whether or not they'll write back, just to take a moment and be appreciateive, then write them a note and say what you want to say. They appreciate it, even if they, for whatever reason, don't write back.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 4:50pm

chinkie azn jai, what are the adresses for Ms. Menzel and Ms. Chenoweth?

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

ckeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 4:56pm

Kerry Butler wrote a nice note, and sent a signed picture.
But she's widely known to be one of the nicest kids in town.

Hamlet's father.

Broadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 5:03pm

You can get the address for the Gershwin theatre off the Wicked website: www.wickedthemusical.com

The same is true for any show. Zip code for theatre area is 10036

Call it a regime change...

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 3/11/04 at 5:22pm

no. only the theatre area in the 40's (41st, 42nd, 43rd...) is 10036. 50's are 10019

Vary My Days.

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 5:36pm

For Idina and Kristin:

Gershwin Theatre
222 51st St
New York NY 10019

I never include SASE's with my letters, nor do I request them to write back. It always seems sort of selfish, when the point of your letter should be to tell them how great you think they are, not to get a response. Of course I would be thrilled to receive one, but I'm not expecting it and I'm certainly not asking for it. But hey, that's just me.

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 5:40pm

i recently got letters back from tracy jai edwards and harvey fierstien those are the only i ever wrote to.

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 7:02pm

I've never written letters, but I've done the email thing (what can I say? I'm a technology junkie). I've written to Michael Cavanaugh and Adam Pascal, and had specific questions (as well as many, many compliments re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back) on both occasions. They both wrote really nice notes back. It took Adam almost a year, though!

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 3/11/04 at 07:02 PM

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 7:26pm

I sent an email to Tovah Feldshuh after seeing "Golda's Balcony" and she wrote back a very nice note.

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#17re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 7:58pm

anyone ever write to chorus boys?

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#18re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 8:13pm

I recieved a very sweet letter back from Daphne Rubin Vega, with a personalized autographed headshot. Also got a letter back from Mayumi Ando of RENT. And an email back from Sebastian Arcelus.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 8:25pm

I just wrote Michael Cavanaugh an email and he actually wrote me back the next day! OMG, I just love him so much!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

broadwaysweetheart
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 8:40pm

Leslie Uggams and Tammy Blanchard were really sweet!

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 3/11/04 at 8:46pm

How do you people get stars' email addresses???! That's not something I would think would be a very public thing...

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#22re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 8:49pm

I emailed both Brian Stokes Mitchell and Brent Barrett, getting the email addresses from their websites. I actually asked Brent questions in three separate messages, and he quite courteously wrote back each time. I never heard from Stokes, but still love him anyway. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back

Chuck Wagner is very sweet on his website and will answer questions that you post on the message board.

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#23re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 9:02pm

NYCBabe, A lot of actors have email addresses listed on their websites. Of course they probably aren't their personal email addresses.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

HunterFosterIsMyGod Profile Photo
HunterFosterIsMyGod
#24re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back
Posted: 3/11/04 at 9:13pm

my sister wrote to Eric Anthony from the Hairspray Chorus, and got a very long letter, handwritten. It was very sweet.

Videos