Rent Movie Casting

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#75re: Rent Movie Casting
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:37pm

"yah, but I"m sure if you tried really hard you could find a problem with everyones opinion thats why its not called a fact"

My opinion is that your opinion would hold more water if expressed with a more generous helping of the shift and comma keys.

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#76re: Rent Movie Casting
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:43pm

I'm definitely for the unknowns being cast - although Mya would be a ****ing AMAZING Mimi. Hi, dancer. Can she act? I think so. I think she'd rock. Other than her, I've got no opinion.

However, I think the OBC should fill in for the ensemble parts. Who here WOULDN'T find it hysterical to see Anthony Rapp as Paul, or Taye as Mr. Jefferson. Or god, even Jesse? Or Idina as Mark's mom?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#77re: Rent Movie Casting
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:50pm

I would appreciate one cameo for a lighthearted moment. Perhaps Anthony Rapp as the stiff in the restaurant? I just don't want anyone to spend the entirety of a screening waiting for several more OBC members to appear. That kind of distraction does the material a disservice. There are ways to show respect for Jonathan Larson and the 1996 production that don't amount to overkill. Anyway, I think it would be cool to hear an extra on the street singing "BoHo Days," a song [performed by Larson] that's at the very end of the TTB CD...

Kanab69
#78re: Rent Movie Casting
Posted: 9/27/04 at 11:25pm

OH MY! The grammar dis...ya got me, ya got me

ps why would I want to retain water anyway

Kanab69
#79re: Rent Movie Casting
Posted: 9/27/04 at 11:26pm

In terms of Christina, going by her SNL performance might not be the best way to judge how good of a Mimi she would be. There have been quite a few good actors/actresses who have been pretty awful on SNL.

VivaBohemia Profile Photo
VivaBohemia
#80re: Rent Movie Casting
Posted: 9/28/04 at 1:23am

I second the unknowns.

If Justin Timberlake, Christine Aguilera, Britney Spears, or anyone else from the 1998 Teeny Bopper wave of nausea ends up in the movie, im boycotting.

*Krissy* **Support the use of illegal wood burning stoves. Get your own metal trash can today!**

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#81re: Rent Movie Casting
Posted: 9/28/04 at 2:32am

You know you won't boycott. :P
The suspense would kill you.
Accept it.
And get ready for the "Britney as Maureen!!" action figures/blow-up dolls.

And please, folks, ix-nay on the OBC-asting-cay. Ain't gonna happen. They don't wanna do it. The producers don't wanna do it. I, personally, don't wanna see it.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

VivaBohemia Profile Photo
VivaBohemia
#82re: Rent Movie Casting
Posted: 9/28/04 at 2:38am

::hangs head:: You are right. I couldnt boy cot.

I dont want the OBC to do it, but if a few of them wanted to do a cameo, I wouldn't mind either.

The boho days thing would rock, but I doubt it will happen. ::crosses fingers:: I hope Chris Columbus does his homework.

*Krissy* **Support the use of illegal wood burning stoves. Get your own metal trash can today!**

emonkeygirl Profile Photo
emonkeygirl
#83re: Rent Movie Casting
Posted: 9/28/04 at 8:14am

My roommate's audition wasn't an open call, it was a scheduled audition, so I'm not sure when/if open calls are happening. In terms of song, she had to sing "Take Me or Leave Me" (Joanne's part in the duet & her solo) & I'm not sure what sides she had. (Sorry!) :)
& she said it was fun & that everyone was really nice!

It's hot and it's monotonous. I want my glasses.

shoebiz912
#84re: Rent Movie Casting
Posted: 10/15/04 at 11:40pm

heard that justin had conflict with the shooting time. Then heard Clay Aiken auditioned for Mark and at first didn't like the idea... but after seeing Aladdin Proud of your boy while babysitting kinda growing on me. Personally I feel like that the movie should have some anchor celebrities or singers, but not all the roles should be. It would take the charm away. Jai as Angel is great and maybe you could get Taye Diggs as Benny.

Videos