pixeltracker

Rent on Regis and Kelly Thursday- Page 4

Rent on Regis and Kelly Thursday

Steeler Jim Profile Photo
Steeler Jim
#75re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:36am

Well, Ozone definitely has a point. I just get the feeling that they're so tired of doing Seasons of Love that they're subconciously not giving max effort sometimes.

"'Ello. Ow are oo?" - Corky St. Clair

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#76re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:39am

lol. just real. as i stated in earlier postings i am a fan. but gotta be real.

cudramacat
#77re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:39am

Goodness, people. This may not have been their best performance but I don't think it's worth getting so upset over. Oh well, good or bad, it was still nice to see them on tv! I'm glad the movie is getting this kind of press already!

"Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets." -Oscar Wilde

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#78re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:43am

ozone20- you do seem to forget one thing, tracie was essentially hired to do this song, and the others in the movie once. The fact that she is repeating them at all should earn her some credit, as i recall when catherine zeta-jones was promoting chicago she didn't exactly sing all that jazz live every time she was on.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Steeler Jim Profile Photo
Steeler Jim
#79re: Rent on Regis and Kelly

I'm not upset - just wish they'd do a different song.

Plus, November 23 is too damn far away, so I guess I'm a little cranky.

"'Ello. Ow are oo?" - Corky St. Clair

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#80re: Rent on Regis and Kelly

i dont think anyone is upset. are we upset guys? no.. just a simple discussion. it was nice to see them on TV certainly. and lookin forward to the film too. Today's perfomance was .. (well we've already been there). just a back and forth exchange of that in and of itself.

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#81re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:47am

jon art. i dont understand ur point.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#82re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:51am

u dont get it.. i am not even talkin about a crack or a flub.. i am talkin about a BAD PERFORMANCE. the solos lacked CONTROL..

People that have "simple discussions" don't USE ALL CAPS and are more creative to use words other than BAD to describe a PERFORMANCE. Looks like the soloist aren't the only ones who lost CONTROL.

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#83re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:57am

bad IS bad. no need to mince on words. the caps are for reiteration. as u see i started with "u dont get it" GET IT? GOT IT? good.

Updated On: 10/13/05 at 11:57 AM

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#84re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:57am

What I think was the most stupid, was that they NEVER mentioned that the soundtrack was available in stores now. I bet many viewers not as actively involved in the release of this movie as we all are were like, "why are they promoting a movie that will not be out for another 6 weeks? I'll forget about it by then!"

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#85re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:00pm

What jonart means is that Tracie was hired to do the film version of RENT, not the Regis and Kelly version, or the AIDS Foundation version, or the Today show version. Give her some respect for what she's done.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#86re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:01pm

That probably would've been good to mention, but Regis did hold up the soundtrack.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#87re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:02pm

please. ugh. ok.. enjoy substandardness at its finest if u like.

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#88re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:07pm

ok .. and much respect to a sloppy runs performance. i love sloppy runs. just great.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#89re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:07pm

No offense to you personally ozone, but its always a bit suspicious when someone who hasn't posted that much is so eager to criticize.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#90re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:09pm

uh.. what does that have to do with anything i have stated in this Rent exchange. need i be here everyday? dont think so. and there is nothing wrong with critique . isnt this a board where we all can express our opinion..think so. Updated On: 10/13/05 at 12:09 PM

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#91re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:11pm

You needn't be here any day.

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#92re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:14pm

re;You needn't be here any day.

My point exactly. anyway its a RENT thread. back to RENT

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#93re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:16pm

It'd be nice to see the film cast and a large group of past performers from the show perform together once.

TheHumanTorch Profile Photo
TheHumanTorch
#94re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:38pm

The performance was pretty standard not fantastic....

I really really really hope they do RENT on the talk show circuit... I think it would connect with people more

but

did anyone think that Rosario was hitting on Taye? It looked a little sketchy like she was hanging on to him... maybe i'm just looking for a little drama je ne sais pas

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#95re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:46pm

"Five thousand twenty five thousand six houndred minutes."

haha.

Your fupa is showing.

BroadwaynSeventh Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh
#96re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:47pm

TheHumanTorch I agree what is Rosario up to?!?!

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#97re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:52pm

it was fine. It gives exposure for the movie, and that is what's important......no one goes on regis to to a Tony/Oscar winning performance people

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#98re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 1:01pm

I just watched it. It was on at 7am so I taped it cause I wasn't gonna get up that early! Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one that was disapointed, I mean it wasn't horrible, but their "Today Show" performance was definatly a lot better.

They just sounded strange, maybe it was because Jesse wasn't there? And why didn't Regis or Kelly mention Jesse or why he wasn't there? That was kinda strange.

Defy_Gravity2 Profile Photo
Defy_Gravity2
#99re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 1:03pm

TheHumanTorch, I agree too!! She did it at the Today Show too AND they did a photo shoot together where they look kinda....I can't even say. This was upseting to me until I went upstairs and read the Premiere Magazine article on Idina and Taye again. I feel much better now :)

<3

I had just finished shooting a coffee commercial. And ain't it ironic? I don't drink coffee. Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee.

Videos