pixeltracker

Cheno - what's the big deal?- Page 4

Cheno - what's the big deal?

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#75re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:13pm

I may have said some things people didnt agree with, about Cheno, but come on - attacking me as a person, wtf? You dont know me, and I dont know you.

Stick to the subject: CHENO.

Is it SO hard to simply APOLOGIZE? What have morals come down to these days?

You implied that Kristin turned you off because of her height. Some people took offense because they believed that certain characteristic of short height offended you. I find it hypocritical that you are accusing Elphaba of attacking you as a person, but in truth, it was you who attacked first.

And I couldn't have said it better myself: You don't know her, and she doesn't know you. So why are you making such a big deal?

This is my signature.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#76re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:15pm

"I may have said some things people didnt agree with, about Cheno, but come on - attacking me as a person, wtf? You dont know me, and I dont know you."

Very interesting, considering that you called me a "short skeletor looking horse toothed bitch" or something to that effect in a PM. Updated On: 12/29/05 at 10:15 PM

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#77re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:18pm

"Very interesting, considering that you called me a "short skeletor looking horse toothed bitch" or something to that effect in a PM"

GROW A PAIR LADY!

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#78re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:22pm

Now apparently I'm an "ugly bug-eyed bitch." I'm not the one who's dishing out the personal attacks, hon.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#79re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:23pm

Elphaba3, I hope you don't take any of children&art's ridiculous attacks to heart. He obviously has much growing up to do.

children&art
#80re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:24pm

UGH! you chicks are crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take a midol.

jasobres
#81re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:26pm

"This thread is about an actress, someone none of us knows except by what we see on stage."

I wouldn't consider Cheno as an actress. I consider her as either a singer who can act and dance or a triple threat.

You see, there are four types of Broadway celebrities:
Actors who sing and dance (i.e. Hugh Jackman, John Lithgow)
Singers who act and dance (i.e. Cheno, Stokes, and Barbra Streisand)
Dancers who act and sing (i.e. Chita Rivera, Donna MacKechnie (sp?))
And triple-threats (i.e. Cheno...again, Sutton Foster)

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#82re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:30pm

I don't have my period now, thanks. BroadwayGirl107, I'm trying not to take this stuff to heart, but being called ugly does hurt (even if it's true).

children&art
#83re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:33pm

look elphaba3, i just calls em as i sees em - and by the way i blocked you, so suck it butterface

children&art
#84re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:36pm

by tommorrow morning this thread will be buried so deep no one will give a crap.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#85re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:37pm

By tomorrow morning, children&art will hopefully be banned.

children&art
#86re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:39pm

why would i be banned?

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#87re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:42pm

I hope you're being sarcastic. If you are seriously asking why you should be banned, look at all the personal attacks you made. I'm pretty sure those kind of comments are against the rules.

gavrochegirl
#88re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:43pm

I know this completely besides the point, but saying Wicked is Elphaba/Idina's show is completely nonsense. Have you ever considered who actually wrote the score and book to Wicked?

Anyway.

Back to Cheno.

Her singing voice is, IMO, amazing.

Now back to the case of Elphaba versus children&art.

Look, children&, you need slow down and think about who attacked first. And if you think really hard, you'll realize it was you who attacked first off. So I wouldn't say anything as of now.

What the puck?!

OddExoticCreature Profile Photo
OddExoticCreature
#89re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:45pm

This thread is a great example of why people think Broadwayworld is full of idiots. Not necessarily the original post, but the fact it has digressed into a jubilee of insults to rival any junior high playground.

--Like an odd exotic creature on display inside a zoo, hearing children asking questions makes me ask some questions too...--

gavrochegirl
#90re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:48pm

"but the fact it has digressed into a jubilee of insults to rival any junior high playground."

Playground?

And the arguments are SO much worse. There many uses of the f word and racial slurs.

But anyway.

What the puck?!

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#91re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:48pm

Just for the record, I haven't made any personal attacks. I may be immature, but at least I'm beyond that.

jasobres
#92re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:51pm

Incidentally, no one calls Kristin Chenoweth "Cheno" unless they are a fan of Kristin's...So I think that children&art is just wasting our time and fingers.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

gavrochegirl
#93re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 10:54pm

How do you know that?

What the puck?!

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
#94re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/29/05 at 11:13pm

My opinion rests in the fact that Kristin chenowith is an extremely charming, charasmatic and verstile performer with impeccable comedic timing. She is an EXTREMELY successful women and her "too legit" voice (which I think is absolute BS)is extremely well trained and incredibly unique. I wasn;t a huge fan of her voice to begin with until I actually saw her perform and was blown away.
Even if you dont LIKE her as a performer, you should still respect her.

You've gotta have heart AND music
Updated On: 12/29/05 at 11:13 PM

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#95re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 12:18am

You should respect everyone. Those who don't are simply...buttheads. Even if you don't like someone, if you respect them, you'll be much better off.

And I would not call Kristin a triple-threat.

This is my signature.

C is for Company
#96re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 12:32am

To call Kristin a triple threat is kinda an overstatement. She is an opera singer who is very talented in terms of character acting. However nobody can say she is untalented because she is one of the finest singers I have ever heard. And trust me, I have heard more than just the wicked cast recording and rent. Her operatic dominance over other performers certainly gives her an edge over any competition, however her acting is something we have all seen before. Yes she is very funny and is a great comedic actress, but outside those roles, I don't think her acting would normally get her very far, at least not nearly as far as her voice. One of the best sopranos you can see onstage

Celestial Entropy Profile Photo
Celestial Entropy
#97re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 12:51am

I didn't understand the popular uproar for KC, after I saw Wicked... she really didn't impress me in the role of Galinda/Glinda. But... after seeing her 2004 Carnegie performance, I finally got why people are big fans of hers. On the Carnegie stage she was a force that was untouchable... she gave a lot to her performance and when the end came, her voice was still going strong and she didn't look or act the least bit weathered by what was obviously a demanding show. To pull off that show the way she did, took talent... and without a doubt, she has it.
:)

If anyone doubts her talent, every now and then PBS runs her Carnegie performance... I suggest checking it out.

As for the bickering going on, in this thread... in the tone of KC:
I know you don't want to hear this, but someone has to say it... You are out of control! I mean, come on! They're just shoes, It's just a message board, let it go!

I've come this far with the truth of the heart. Deep down inside I think we're all the same. Try not to judge and never shame... I do believe people are good... they just want hope and respect... to be understood ~Melissa Etheridge

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#98re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 12:58am

You know, I started writing a post and then I realized how ridiculously redundant this entire thread is. Elphaba3 (I wonder if there is an Elphaba2), if you give a troll long enough, eventually he'll start showing his true colors. That said I am officially going to go back to trying to restrain myself from joining these stupid threads.

I'm just so angry at some of you people and your unfounded criticisms of Kristin Chenoweth : Well, as someone else said, she has piles of cash given to her because of her acting, singing, and dancing, and you don't. So I don't know if money is necessarily the best gauge, but it certainly doesn't disprove anything!

yr ronin,
joey

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#99re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 1:19am

Yeah, I know. I have a hard time letting go of things. Anyway, it seems that Kristin is pretty popu-ular! Sorry, couldn't resist. re: Cheno - what's the big deal?

Videos