pixeltracker

John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal- Page 4

John Lloyd Young Signs TV deal

TennesseeTwang
#75Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/29/06 at 1:05pm

Lots of Broadway leading men look like game show hosts. Must be a requirement.

Hawker
#76Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/29/06 at 2:42pm

Mandy Patimkin?

TimeSuckage
#77Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/29/06 at 3:42pm

"And call me cynical, but I can't help to think the choice is often a financial and prideful choice."

Heaven forbid someone make a career decision based on finances.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#78Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/29/06 at 4:22pm

John Davidson did a good job of balancing game show duties with live theatre, as did Peter Marshall. It CAN be done.

PEACE.

TennesseeTwang
#79Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/29/06 at 5:31pm

JLY isn't John Davidson, thank goodness.

Besides, John Lloyd is a serious actor. And there have been instances of the networks fielding actual serious dramas on TV, believe it or not. So tis possible for him to actually find a job away from Broadway that isn't a game show.

Hard to believe but true.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#80Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 12:23am

lol- speaking of Broadway actors and shows, I WOULD love to see John Lloyd Young in a reality show. hehe- Maybe somthing with water...*drool*

I'll stop being creepy now

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

FindingNamo
#81Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 1:35am

Having a dream isn't creepy. JLY had a dream and now he has a Tony. The world is his oyster, as Corine pointed out and oysters are aphrodisiacs.

In many ways, game show hosting duties are really ideal for people working in live theater. Because they shoot a whole season in just a few weeks. A friend of mine in LA is working on some development stuff for the NEXT pilot season.

She'd kill me for revealing this (but I did call her today to specifically see if I could manipulate her into spilling) and she mentioned something she's heard about called "The Real Newlywed Game." It involves not only the classic show we love, but also cameras being with the newlyweds 24/7 for two solid weeks before they're on the show.

Could this be JLY's ticket to wide recognition? I think it's a pretty wild coincidence if it's not.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

TennesseeTwang
#82Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 3:04am

Why would he take a job as a glorified announcer? He's an actor. Why not wait for a show where he could, you know, actually act?

Some folks - and I count myself as one of them - find most reality TV shows to be tacky. Not everyone wants to be famous at all costs.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#83Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 11:28am

Because glorified announcers get paid a lot. Look at Regis! He re-started his career as a host, and now has multiple successful CDs and a talk show. And who says being a host isn't acting? I think JLY would do great as one.

Namo~ lol- Someday..... I will make it my life's goal to put JLY in a tight speedo on national TV.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#84Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 11:48am

He will be great in whatever he does. I doubt he will totally stay away from broadway. He will be in many a show during his career. Right now, as the saying goes , "strike while the iron is hot"

Poster Emeritus

FindingNamo
#85Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 11:54am

"Some folks - and I count myself as one of them - find most reality TV shows to be tacky."

Not to mention, Anderson Cooper hosted The Mole. And look at him now.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#86Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 12:18pm

Katurian,
A speedo? Wow. Personally, I would prefer John in a gorgeous Tux with cufflinks.
HEH!
I always see him in his Jersey Boy garb.
A smashing Tuxedo would make him look very handsome.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#87Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 12:25pm

I agree with Corine. I can't see JLY in a speedo - he just doesn't look like the type.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#88Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 12:42pm

How about a speedo & a guitar ?

Poster Emeritus

FindingNamo
#89Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 12:43pm

French cuffs all the way.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#90Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 12:44pm

That is getting into the spirit of things. Add a red jacket & we are almost there

Poster Emeritus

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#91Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 1:13pm

Jly is very elegant, sophisticated. I don't think a Speedo fits him. A tux works for me.
C
Updated On: 7/30/06 at 01:13 PM

etoile
#92Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 1:25pm

Some people never learn, even after things are spelled out for them.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

TennesseeTwang
#93Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:59pm

"Not to mention, Anderson Cooper hosted The Mole. And look at him now."

I don't think he's particularly proud of that. Cooper said that at the time, he was without direction and wasn't fully committed to being a serious, lifelong, journalist.

"Jly is very elegant, sophisticated. I don't think a Speedo fits him. A tux works for me."

He does seem to be somewhat formal for a young guy. He always seems to be wearing a jacket regardless of the temperature. He gives off the kind of vibe of a person who has designer trashbags for his refuge.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#94Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 3:16pm

Maybe a speedo with a tux pattern on it. And he can have a black bow-tie on as well. Wow- this is getting to be very very exciting.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#95Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 4:53pm

A speedo with a tux pattern?...Interesting, to say the least.

I don't see the guy as "hot". He's one of those suave, mature guys, not the one who you'd want to see sweating at the gym.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#96Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 5:19pm

lmao!!! I can't believe they actually make those. Now- someone with photoshop just needs to draw in a black bow tie and put in JLY's head. That is the essence of suave and sexy.

FindingNamo
#97Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 5:29pm

I hate to be a stickler for details, but technically that's not a Speedo brand speedo.

coolphantom919 Profile Photo
coolphantom919
#98Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 5:30pm

I'll watch him!

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#99Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!
Posted: 7/30/06 at 5:37pm

Namo- any very small and tight form of swimwear is just fine by me Deeeetails! I want Deeetails!

We have our first viewer! Swimming with the Broadway Stars should be picked up by ABC anytime now

Videos