pixeltracker

re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'- Page 4

re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'

FoscasBohemianDream
#75re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/1/06 at 8:49pm

I can only imagine how great she was in the role. Though Donna Murphy will always be my Anna Loewens, I imagine if I had seen Lansbury I might have a different opinion.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#76re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/1/06 at 8:57pm

ooooh, Ciaron.

I got those pics. Very nice indeed. Far from ugly! He's quite an attractive guy.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#77re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/1/06 at 9:19pm

You sent your photos to one of the few straight guys on the board? What a waste.

FoscasBohemianDream
#78re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/1/06 at 9:31pm

In Ciaron's defense, he also sent the pictures to me (as gay as a show queen can be) and I go as far as saying he was not lying when he said he was hot. Though beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and he loses some points for humility (or lack thereof).

Zachary Goldfarb
#79re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/1/06 at 9:52pm

Is seriously nobody going to post the pictures here? I mean really.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#80re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/1/06 at 9:56pm

Oh please people.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#81re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/1/06 at 9:59pm

lolz.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#82re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/1/06 at 10:02pm

I just think it's a testament to...something...that this thread has survived as long as it has, and on the on-topic board no less.

VIETgrlTerifa
#83re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/2/06 at 1:53am

I think this thread needs to die or renamed and moved to the off-topic forum. I was expecting a thread on Angela Lansbury, not a bunch of people defending what feeds their egos. Every attempt to make it go back on topic fails.

I think the old fogie remark was taken way too seriously, and that the people are dragging this crap out have baggage and problems with each other that have nothing to do with the comment.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."
Updated On: 11/2/06 at 01:53 AM

FoscasBohemianDream
#84re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/2/06 at 2:05am

I did try to direct the conversation back to Lansbury (though the rather hot guy in the pictures did distract me, I'm a Hispanic gay man with a weakness for white men after all), but back on topic, I can't imagine how fantastic Lansbury must have been in the role. I'm more used to somber actresses in the role and Lansbury does seem to add a rather comedic twist to the roles I've seen her play in musicals (or the major roles she is known for: Majoress Cora, Mame and Mrs.Lovett--even Momma Rose has a funny side to her). One can only wish a recording had been made with her on the role, I'll go as far as saying that the studio recording should've been made with Lansbury in the role rather than Julie Andrews.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#85re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/2/06 at 7:22am

I'm curious if anyone saw Margaret Moser (Constance Towers') standby in the '77 Revival of The King and I? She was one of the Eliza Doolittle replacements in the original My Fair Lady.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Ciaron McCarthy
#86re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/2/06 at 7:50am

A recording has to be out there someplace.

husk_charmer
#87re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/2/06 at 7:57am

I'd love to hear it if one exists.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

kooky
#88re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/2/06 at 9:02am

Thank Goodness, back to the conversation at hand - - - wonderful Angela, and
creative things,

Moving right along ! -----Finally!

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#89re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/6/06 at 11:48am

Anybody else have the treat to see Ms. Lansbury back on stage last night? What a delight!

I bumped this thread because, as I was leaving, I saw some guy at the stage door with a poster from her stint in "The King and I." And that crazy lady.

Ciaron McCarthy
#90re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/6/06 at 2:06pm

I saw some guy at the stage door with a poster from her stint in "The King and I." And that crazy lady.

That was me!!

jk

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#91re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/6/06 at 2:33pm

Ha! I was going to say -- you've aged quite a bit since that avatar, then. re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#92re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/6/06 at 3:01pm

I want to know what crazy lady you're referring to.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#93re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 11/6/06 at 3:04pm

I think she's a stage door regular. I'm not sure, because I don't do the stage door thing very often, but someone pointed her out to me and said she goes all over the place looking to get stuff signed to later sell on ebay.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#94re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
Posted: 2/20/08 at 2:45am

I love this thread. Whatever happened to Ciaron?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Videos