pixeltracker

Great Source for 14"x22" Window Card Frames- Page 4

Great Source for 14"x22" Window Card Frames

burnsy Profile Photo
burnsy
#75re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 5/21/08 at 5:57pm

BWayJunkie, the frames from Quadro Frames are not put together. You have to assemble fours sides, the glass, and the wood board together yourself. It's like the kits you talked about.

UglyBetty Profile Photo
UglyBetty
#76re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 5/21/08 at 5:59pm

I just got mine- I ordered two sets of 6. One of the pieces of glass had a diagonal scratch across it. I let them know and they sent me a new piece- no questions asked.

I would recommend this to anyone. They're a really small company (and I'm guessing a one man operation) so be patient. Mistakes happen- but at the price you gotta be! Its a bargain! They're just as good as 40.00 frames you'll find in NY.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#77re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 5/26/08 at 2:51pm

I just bought five windowcards so I think I will take the gamble and purchase from this company. I'll let everyone know how my experience goes.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

DrewT
#78re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 5/27/08 at 10:39pm

i ordered 3 sets of 6 and they came...perfect condition. took a long time for them to ship though, but i guess thats due to the backorder. they're much heavier than the frames i bought from hollywood poster frames, but if i put the two side by side you wouldn't be able to tell a difference without touching or closely examining them.

anyway, for those of you guys who bought them...how did you hang it up? it looks like you can use the corner pieces for nails, but i'd hate to put two holes in the wall for each frame. thanks in advance.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#79re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 5/31/08 at 6:30pm

Six days after I ordered, my frames arrived. So that was fast.

HOWEVER - I was only able to assemble 3 complete frames. Eight pieces of the frame edges arrived cracked and unusable. They are rather cheap. The glass all arrived intact, though. I e-mailed the company today about the issue and will update this post when the issue has been resolved and how it was to deal with them.

Even though it is a cheap plastic frame, they assembled quickly and LOOK professional. Once they are on the wall, it won't be a big deal. The assembled frame unit seems sturdy and secure.

I'll post a picture of my room soon with all of the frames hung on the wall.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#80re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 6/6/08 at 9:17pm

The replacement parts arrived yesterday and there were no problems. I'll definitely be ordering from this company again!!

Here's a picture of my room where I hung some. But first, two prefaces about the picture:

1) I *JUST* moved in to my new apartment, so the room is bare.

2) The WICKED poster is just a placeholder (it's my sister's). Forgive me. I need to get a RAGTIME or WEST SIDE STORY...

re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames

--Aristotle

broadwaybaby086
#81re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 11/30/08 at 4:04pm

Whoops.

Has anyone had trouble with them as of late?

The price is up to $49.96 for 4, by the way.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...
Updated On: 11/30/08 at 04:04 PM

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#82re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 11/30/08 at 4:23pm

Ouch! Darn it, I have two more I need to put up.

I have not ordered from them in a year or so, but I didn't have trouble then.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#83re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 8/22/10 at 9:36pm

Sorry, I just got into the addiction of windowcards and I'm not sure, do the frames from Quadro have the matting around them or just a snug fit around the windowcard?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#84re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 8/22/10 at 10:39pm

The posters in the picture that Capn posted don't seem to have any matting. It seems the kit comes with the frame, the glass, and the cardboard backing.

For the people who mentioned Michaels...I use them primarily for my framing needs. I'm pickier about what windowcards I buy due to lack of wall space where I am now so I only have four. Michaels has 60% off framing specials all the time. You just have to keep your eyes open.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#85re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 8/22/10 at 10:47pm

Correct -- no matting. Snug fit around edges.

--Aristotle

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#86re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 8/22/10 at 10:51pm

Thanks for your help, I prefer the snug fit

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#87re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 8/23/10 at 12:45am

Funny this thread should pop up again today as I just put up four additional windowcards this afternoon. The top row & SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM are the Quadro frames, the other three are from Triton Gallery.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#88re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 8/23/10 at 1:38am

Any glaring difference(s) with the Quadro and the Triton frames? The material of the frame itself, mostly?

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#89re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 8/23/10 at 11:13am

The frames from Quadro are plastic while the Triton frames are metal, the glass seems similar enough for both. The Triton frames stick out a little more from the wall and hang from a metal wire whereas the Quadro frames hang from plastic teeth in the top corners. The Quadro ones actually feel more secure against the wall, as the teeth kind of lock them in place. I don't really notice much else different. The ones from Triton feel more expensive & fancy when you hold them (cause they are), but in looks they're very similar.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#90re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 9/5/10 at 1:59pm

Finally hung up my window cards, the Quadro frames look great and perform well!
Updated On: 9/5/10 at 01:59 PM

twinbelters Profile Photo
twinbelters
#91re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 9/5/10 at 2:07pm

I have frames from Hollywood Frames coming my way!

With Irma you gotta do something!

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#92re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 6/23/11 at 10:50pm

Does anybody know how to disassemble the Quadro frames? I want to take my next to normal one out to be signed when i see the tour this weekend.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#94re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 9/17/14 at 11:54am

Anyone have any new suppliers for window card frames?

BwayLady999
#95re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
Posted: 9/17/14 at 12:36pm

I think Triton Gallery usually sells them at the Flea market if you're planning on being in NYC for the event this weekend.
Beyond that, I'm afraid I don't know of a good inexpensive online option.

Videos