pixeltracker

Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS Tonight- Page 4

Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS Tonight

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#75re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 11:53am

I don't find this thread ridiculous at all. It sounds as though a whole bunch of people not only noticed but had their enjoyment of the play lessened by this pair. The reactions of those who were there has been fairly consistent.

notabb
#76re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 11:55am

nice meeting you and your friends WITHOUT A TRACE. your HAPPINESS icon shows you to be a person of great taste and wisdom. Now ,if we could just get a HAPPINESS cd.

DavidPatrickS82
#77re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 11:58am

The incident is not rediculous, if people were distracted and had a lessened experience of the show, I agree, not good at all. But, this is now 4 pages long. I know I'm not helping, and I really should just let it go myself. And I will after this, I just really thought the lengths it's going is getting rediculous. I think we should start talking about how GREAT the show really is. Cause it's pretty damn awesome. :)

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#78re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:00pm

Again, the word is "ridiculous"

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#79re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:02pm

For those of you seeing this play again tonight, one of you should print out this thread and hand it to the guilty party.

Eris0303, LOL!!

Updated On: 4/15/09 at 12:02 PM

DavidPatrickS82
#80re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:04pm

hahahaha, I know, I am so bad with that, lol. I guess after 27 years of my fingers typing that way it's hard to retrain my muscles. re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To Oh well.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#81re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:06pm

David P, maybe that discussion is best saved for another thread, since this one is about that incident.

I guess I think it's important because it's not an isolated incident. Rude and inappopriate behavior is becoming more and more common. And the more people turn a blind eye--or, worse, approve and say "Oh, let them have their fun"--the worse the erosion in civilized behavior.

I personally don't believe that I should behave in a theater (or restaurant or train or whatever) the way I would in my apartment. I don't think I'm entitled to decide what kind of experience YOU get to have in a theater.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#82re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:06pm

I'm not normally one to pick on people's spelling but for some reason people spelling ridiculous wrong really bugs me. I think it's because it's so widespread. So many people think it's spelled with an "e".

Wait, you've been spelling a word wrong for 27 years and no one corrected you? What sort of school did you go to?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

DavidPatrickS82
#83re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:09pm

I don't spell it wrong when i write it, i only spell it wrong when i type it. My finger just goes to the "e". And if I typed something for a real school paper or project, I always had a spell check (which would constantly correct it) but I certainly don't use spell check before posting a message on a message board or an IM or e-mail. Which I suppose, I should probably start. LOL Wouldn't be such a rIdiculous idea. (by the way, I had to totally go slow and think to type that)

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#84re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:18pm

"I guess I think it's important because it's not an isolated incident. Rude and inappopriate behavior is becoming more and more common. And the more people turn a blind eye--or, worse, approve and say "Oh, let them have their fun"--the worse the erosion in civilized behavior."

To take it a step further I think people refrain from saying anything about the behavior is fear of some sort of retribution. I seem to recall a thread about an incident at The Little Mermaid which turned into a physical confrontation when someone asked another person to stop talking during the show.

Or, a few months back, I was at a show and the people behind me chattered all through the first act. I finally turned around and asked them to please be quiet. During curtain calls when my friend and I stood and cheered for our friend the people behind us started poking me in the back after we sat back down. They told me not to stand again because they couldn't see. Would they have said that had I not asked them to be quiet? I doubt it. But they probably felt the need to "get back" at me.

And don't even get me started on the Ace Young fans at Grease. You couldn't even explain to them that their behavior was inappropriate. They'd paid for their tickets and felt that gave them the right to do whatever they wanted.

And that's a pretty widespread idea. People feel they can do whatever they want to whenever or wherever they want to. Doesn't matter to them if they're being disruptive. Their own enjoyment is first and foremost on their minds.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#85re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 12:19pm

I'm just waiting for the Paul Harvey moment. That little boy in the purple shirt turned out to be...Kevin Spacey, right? re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#86re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 1:49pm

It's called class.

Or good manners.

Remember them?

If you go to a film, a Bway show, whatever, with a date, b/f, g/f, whatever, YOU BEHAVE. If you cannot, stay home and f*ck on the sofa.

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#87re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 1:56pm

I second Kalimba's suggestion.

Just give the world Love.

Discerning
#88re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/15/09 at 6:22pm

Hope everyone going enjoys the play this evening and the experience isn't spoilt by someone else's thoughtless behavior. These plays are so enjoyable.

fbueller
#89re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/16/09 at 1:51pm

"And don't even get me started on the Ace Young fans at Grease. You couldn't even explain to them that their behavior was inappropriate. They'd paid for their tickets and felt that gave them the right to do whatever they wanted."

I respected you and agreed with everything you were saying in your post until I found out you went to see 'Grease'.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#90re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/17/09 at 11:49am

Wait- so did nothing happen during night #3? waiting to read about Act III in the Purple saga. :)

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#91re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/17/09 at 12:11pm

lol- sorry I haven't written an update yet!

Yes, he did show up for the third evening with the original guy! I wonder if he knew he was being played. I guess this kind of makes purple shirt the Norman of the audience.

They were pretty well behaved though. There was only hand holding a few rows back. It seems like the only evening they wanted to make a scene was when they were in the front row.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#92re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/17/09 at 12:12pm

"I respected you and agreed with everything you were saying in your post until I found out you went to see 'Grease'."

Seriously? You're going to discount everything I say because I saw Grease? That's kinda silly.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#93re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/17/09 at 4:16pm

lol Whizzer, thanks for the update!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#94re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/17/09 at 5:23pm

I wish you had a boyfriend so you'd shut up.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#95re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To
Posted: 4/17/09 at 9:21pm

This thread is so incredibly entertaining. re: Inappropriate Theater Behavior - An Incident at THE NORMAN CONQUESTS To

Videos