pixeltracker

RIEDEL: Spider-Man "The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History" SHOW is OFF.- Page 5

RIEDEL: Spider-Man "The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History" SHOW is OFF.

jennafan
#100re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 9/2/09 at 7:27am

Ok, looking at that article closely you see it mentions constuction work at the Hilton.

I bet you that means they are working to fix up the Hilton so that another show can use that theatre.

They did not write the article saying "actors were told to return to work" or something even remotely mentioning the show is going on.

Constuction work at the Hilton in my mind means the show is over, let's repair the theate as soon as possible before a big lawsuit.

I am amused that almost every person on BWW was worry about this show, especially in THIS economy, yet you have a bunch of theatre pros going on like they will be able to recoup $40 million. Who in the world thought this was OK?

mybigsplash Profile Photo
mybigsplash
#101re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 11/6/09 at 1:47am

10 bucks say they announce tomorrow the show is closing!!

Stephen: "Could you grab me a coffee?" Me: "Would you like that with all the colors of the wind?"

rockfenris2005
#102re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 11/6/09 at 1:52am

I thought this thread was new! Grr! I've been hoping this gigantic vanity project would be canceled for months now!

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#103re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 11/6/09 at 1:59am

Riedel says in his column today (November 6) that the show is on, but for a June start for a July opening.

Riedel - Spider-Man

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Updated On: 11/6/09 at 01:59 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#104re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 11/6/09 at 5:50am

I saw his take on the Spiderman change of date at the bottom of the Cavenaugh article earlier. I guess we'll know for sure later today.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AnythingGoes2
#105re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 11/6/09 at 6:51am

They will loose money now whatever.

The only question is will they loose more money by pulling it now? Or put more money in, and hope it will sell for a while to at least make some money back.

I can't see it ever working now.

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#106re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 11/6/09 at 10:35am

Interesting... the (VERY talented) Norwegian singer/songwriter Sondre Lerche wrote in his most recent blog about auditioning (and being called back several times!) for the role of Peter Parker.

http://www.sondrelerche.com/2009/11/i’m-the-lucky-goon-who-composed-this-tune/

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

rockfenris2005
#107re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 11/6/09 at 11:44am

I heard stories like it would need to sell out every night for the next 5 years in order to recoup and the budget could produce 90 small productions? Wow, if that's true. It just shows a lot of arrogance, as if they're 100% certain it's going to succeed.

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific
Updated On: 11/6/09 at 11:44 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#108re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 11/6/09 at 11:48am

So they're just going to keep the Hilton on "hold" until this may or may not happen? How much is THAT costing?

wonkit
#109re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 11/6/09 at 11:49am

Previews in June and open in July - makes sense, as you can get the tourists in and start the word of mouth to get through the fall and winter. I still don't understand how this production is any sort of economic show to run, though. Most investors don't want to wait five years to get their money back.

broadwayrocks2
#110re: RIEDEL: Spider-Man 'The Biggest Fiasco in Broadway History'
Posted: 11/6/09 at 1:04pm

Yeah he is accurate ? Lets not forget when he printed STING was doing the music for Spiderman . He is wrong often !!

Videos