News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)- Page 5

"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

artsamore Profile Photo
artsamore
#100re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:08pm

I agree that signing autogrpahs is part of the job, and I love when "stars" take the time out to not only sign autographs but even truly connect with the fans. But with that being said I have seen how the "Wicked" fans can behave. For example when Kristen was still in the show I would see fans angrily yell and shout at her and grab at her as if she were a rag doll when she wouldn't sign their items quick enough. So the fans are not always innocent. I am not saying that's what they did, but I can sometimes understand when artist are put off.

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#101re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:16pm

They should take back her Tony, just for this egregious oversight!

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#102re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:16pm

good point, rude is rude....

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#103re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:17pm

There was this little 10 year old girl at the stage door when I went last time who grabbed Krstin by the back of the bra and SNAPPED it back. Idina was horrified and walked Kristin back inside. She told that little girl she never wanted to see her again, which I thought was kinda rude.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#104re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:25pm

I've heard bad things about Idina. One girl I know tried to give her something and Idina wouldn't take it. She made the girl cry.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#105re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:26pm

What was it? Herpes?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

LadyGuenevere
#106re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:27pm

Gross! Lol.

Was it a card, flowers? (God, I hope it wasn't herpes.)

What I want to know is how them b*tches get backstage tours.

notsovirginmary Profile Photo
notsovirginmary
#107re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:30pm

"What was it? Herpes?"

My keyboard thanks you for the diet coke.

"A wonky eye, you've got my friend."

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#108re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:37pm

This might be the funnist thread I have ever read in my life...

the post about Hunter's waistline made me shoot milk out of my nose---and thats not only gross but painful. THANKS GUYS!

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#109re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:42pm

wow i am shocked idina was so rude to a poor little girl...even if she was having a bad day...who could do that to a little girl??...it kinda changes my feelings about idina that is if it is even true.

Phantom487
#110re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:48pm

OK... just wanted to clarify something becuase I'm the one who started this mess...lol... the 10 year old was not by herself... her mom was there...

Second of all, I too have heard tons of rumors that Idina was rude to fans. Acutally my friend got a pic with her back in May, and shes rolling her eyes in the pic. Could she have been look at a bird in the sky?? Maybe... or was she saying to herself "Damn I hate this!"

kissmycookie
#111re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:51pm

So if she creates fans who hate her, she wouldn't be the first one.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#112re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:59pm

Wow how can you ppl defend her actions im sorry i dont care if your on broadway or not that is pure rudeness there! Shes a ten year old girl. I realize your tired and you have your show to do but you could at least say sorry im really busy but thanks for comming. and dont even try to use the excuse "oh idina has soo much stress doing the show and its soo vocally demanding" because you sound incredible stupid. i met Tonya pinkins in between shows and the woman was sooo nice she signed posed for pictures and thanked us for coming. Now i love idina and Wicked but if that is true she should be ashamed I realize we all have our moments but that is really ****ty.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#113re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 6:01pm

It doesn't matter what the little girl's age is because if that happened to me (or maybe you) I would be pretty unhappy and discouraged. I also think it is pretty extreme to write to the manager of the gershwin or Wicked. I guess that little 10 year old girl learned...that's life!

Phantom487: what did the girl's mom do when idina did that? just outa curiosity.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#114re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

I know nothing about Idina's good days, bad days, hectic schedule, attitude towards fans. I've heard stories from both sides of the spectrum. I am a fan of her work, and that's it.

But people are jumping on Phantom487's case, when the bottom line is it sucks to have that happen. You're a fan, you wait, you're blown off. It. Sucks. I'd be a little annoyed as well.

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

kissmycookie
#115re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

I don't think anyone's defended that what she did was "right."

She has good days, and she has bad days, just like everyone else. It sucks that the little girl caught her on a bad day.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#116re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 6:05pm

I don't know, but 2.5 hours is a long time to wait. I have better things to do with my time than hang around at the stagedoor for hours waiting for autographs. If someone doesn't come out within the first half hour, leave. That 10 year girl now had a bad experience as a result and that's what she'll remember about Wicked. I am not defending Idina's actions (personally I don't care for her), but you don't know if something happened to her on her way back to the theatre.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

FOCI Profile Photo
FOCI
#117re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 7:01pm

What is all this "it was a bad day/we all have bad days" type crap? At least recently, idina has not been making a good impression at all. When a lot of the crew starts tlaking shi*t about you- you know you have a diva.That 10 year old girl is not alone apprently she makes fans cry on a regular basis and honestly she is the only performer who I have recently heard such negativity about.

"I guess she is one very confident girl who feels if you see it, it shall be. I hope she sees a room with a piano player and a bunch of scary middle-aged queens sitting behind a table, talking to each other as she auditions!!" -Marc Shaiman on Kelly Osbourne in Hairspray
Updated On: 8/26/04 at 07:01 PM

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#118re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 7:06pm

Cry me a fricken' river. It was probably her 24th time seeing the show, and her 23th time being at the stage door. Updated On: 8/26/04 at 07:06 PM

Broadwayballerina Profile Photo
Broadwayballerina
#119re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 7:51pm

Mostly I am just reponding to proclaim my love for the "so buetiful" avatar. My opinion- it seems that since the stage door thing has become old hat for idina she has gotten sick of faking the 'happy go lucky' stage door attitude, which is understandable. HOWEVER, I know how much it sucks to be snubbed by someone that you idolize (I am a big Idina fan myself)...but appreciate her work from a distance...sometimes being in that obsessive fan stage leaves you fantasizing about being BFFAEAEAE!!! with your chosen idol...it's just a fantasy, move on.

"I look before I leap I love margins and discipline I make lists in my sleep Baby what's my sin?"- Joanne, Rent
Updated On: 8/26/04 at 07:51 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#120re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 7:59pm

very well said Broadway Ballerina.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

marge2033
#121re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 8:24pm

Those episodes happen occasionally. But remember she (Idina) will meet the same people going down the ladder as she did on the way up. Did that sound right?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#122re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 8:40pm

lol! I can't believe I read through this whole thread. It was quite entertaining.

I am seeing the Wicked Matinee on Saturday, I might wait at the stage door for a bit after the show, see if I can meet some people. But I sure as hell won't wait 2.5 hours, lol.. you gotta be crazy.

Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
#123re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 8:44pm

Can we all be a little constructive here, people? Let me try: if you find yourself waiting at a stage door for nearly three hours, please call me and I'll hook you up with my therapist. You need some serious help.

Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.

shesings
#124re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 8:45pm

ok while I really don't even want to comment on this again b/c it is so ridiculous I do have one thing left that is really irritating me. Just in case all you theatre goers are confused buying a ticket to a show does not give you the right to an autograph. It only guarentees admission! The stage door bit is a courtesy that the actors provide to be nice - not because they have to. I mean last time you went to the movies were the actors there waiting afterards to sign your ticket stub? How about sitting at home watching TV? I don't know about you but somehow Jennifer Aniston must have lost her invite to my Friends season finale party. Those actors get paid a h*ll of a lot more than Broadway actors and they never provide these services. So next time you go to a broadway show don't flatter yourself into thinking that you deserve to meet the entire cast. If you get to great - if not - well perhaps try getting a life!

Videos