pixeltracker

Casting for the Little Mermad- Page 5

Casting for the Little Mermad

kate2
#100re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:11pm

jenn gambatese for ariel, if not i'd like to see a new face

i think it'd be fun to have gambatese and jackson paired up, they have great chemistry together!

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#101re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 8:21pm

Jennifer Holliday as Ursula.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

LaVieBoheme2 Profile Photo
LaVieBoheme2
#102re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 9:11pm

My friend's auditioning, so I'll tell you if she gets in or not (I doubt it, but whatever).

Elyse. No day but Today. My avatar: me talking to Norbert Leo Butz.

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#103re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 9:16pm

There are auditions for it? When?

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

mwjr16 Profile Photo
mwjr16
#104re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/9/05 at 7:01pm

BETTE NEEDS TO BE URSULA - THE END

Jon
#105re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/9/05 at 7:46pm

Question - when casting for a little mermaid, what kind of rod do you use? Do you use live bait or a lure? Do you cast from the shore, off a dock or from a boat?

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#106re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/9/05 at 7:48pm

Kate2, isn't Jen playing Jane in Tarzan? I think I read that somewhere but I could be wrong.

defying_gravity2
#107re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/9/05 at 8:01pm

I like Megan, but I think Eden would be perfect. So, my vote is for Eden. Sherie Renee Scott as Ursula would be hilarious. I like the Bette idea, too.

Pillowpants. 'Nuff said.

PhantomMag234
#108re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/9/05 at 9:06pm

Here's my thing I think they are looking for a fresh new talent for Ariel and Prince Eric. For Ursula I think someone like Chita Rivera would nice.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#109re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/9/05 at 11:35pm

I really want to be wowed by a 19 yr old who no has ever heard of for Ariel.

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#110re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/9/05 at 11:38pm

Celia read for Ursula at the workshop.

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#111re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/9/05 at 11:54pm

Of course my pickins' might alter depending on how they costume the show (puppetry and whatnot)

But kinda what I have in mind....

Ariel-Alice Ripley
Eric-David Elder
Ursula-Bette Midler
King Triton-Marc Kudisch
Sebastian-Meshach Taylor

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

gavrochegirl
#112re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/9/05 at 11:57pm

Oh, Marc would be great as King Triton!

What the puck?!

kate2
#113re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/10/05 at 1:32pm

popular, jenn is playing Jane, but i'm just saying that she seems like a good ariel!

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#114re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/10/05 at 1:38pm

Couldn't disagree more on Jenn for Ariel. She's great..great for Jane, but I don't see her as Ariel, nor do I want to.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#115re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/10/05 at 1:40pm

Alice Ripley is in her 40s. By the time this show opens she will be in her mid 40s. Are we planning on using real water to mask fine lines and wrinkles?

PhantomMag234
#116re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/11/05 at 11:23pm

Her's my cast:

Ariel-An unknown who is 18-24 years old
Prince Eric-Andrew Samonsky
King Triton-James Naughton
Ursula-Lauren Lane
Sebastion-Wayne Brady
Vanessa (aka Beauiful Ursula)-An unknown who is also 18-24
Scuttle-That guy from Spamlot who sang the new song for Scuttle
Flotsom and Jetsam-Ken Barnett and Ben Curtis

TrulyWicked
#117re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/12/05 at 5:23am

I think Disney's going to try to do what they did with Beauty and the Beast and strike gold with an unknown... I mean, they did give us Susan Egan, so the future looks promising...

Oh, and my vote for Ursula soooo goes to Carole Shelley!

And just suggesting a character that hasn't been brought up yet, I think it would also be awesome for Haley Joel Osment to make his stage debut as Flounder.

Sebastian- hmm, anyone know of a way to ressurect Jerry Orbach? :-P

ShineOn
#118re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/12/05 at 11:35am

Mwahaha!

Aw, you can't have Alice as geriatric Ariel without Emily as the younger "fair" Ursula. Maybe they could be attached by the tentacles?? "Leave Me Alone" would take on a whole new life!

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#119re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/12/05 at 2:05pm

What is a mermad?

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

diva007
#120re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/12/05 at 2:07pm

Sorry, I haven't read all 5 pages of this post. But did anyone mention the current Belle on Broadway Ashley Brown? I think she would be perfect. An almost unknown youngin' with an amazing voice.

Ready 2 Defy Gravity Profile Photo
Ready 2 Defy Gravity
#121re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/12/05 at 2:15pm

I think they should get Jodi Benson to play Ariel, I mean she did do the voice for her in the movie.

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#122re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/12/05 at 2:16pm

and that was in the 80s...Jodi would be far too old for the role now.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Ready 2 Defy Gravity Profile Photo
Ready 2 Defy Gravity
#123re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/12/05 at 2:19pm

This is very true, there's always Shoshana Bean, or even Idina Menzel to play her?

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#124re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 10/12/05 at 3:36pm

KERRY BUTLER!!! She did some workshops for the role. I know she's a little old but she's not ancient and she'd look fine, IMHO. She played Audrey in LSoH, after all. Somewhere That's Green/Part of your World anyone?? If they don't go with some incredible unknown, they should go with Kerry Butler.

Videos