pixeltracker

Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?- Page 5

Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#100re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/18/15 at 1:58am

For women? I'd say the entire score of Evita.

beilis32
#101re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/18/15 at 2:13pm

I agree with an awful lot of you. "Glitter and be gay" is perhaps the hardest core soprano song I've ever heard, also Kiss Me is crazy, especially when you add in the other parts on Ladies in Their Sensitivities. I remember the first time I heard that song, I had to pause it every few seconds and look it up online just to learn the words! Also, can we talk about how crazy the ensemble parts from Sweeney Todd are? And finally, just because no one has said it, The Name Of Love and Moonfall Reprise from Drood sounds like it would be kind of difficult.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#102re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/18/15 at 8:27pm

Tchaikovsky from LADY IN THE DARK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJm1pvOyyXc

IlanaKeller
#103re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/18/15 at 9:23pm

Can we just take a second to appreciate the fact that this a NINE-YEAR-OLD thread that has just been resurrected? re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Twitter: @IlanaKeller Latest work: app.com/topic/asbury-park-broadway/

dwperkins Profile Photo
dwperkins
#104re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/19/15 at 12:55am

do you mean "Soliloquy"?

bunnie3 Profile Photo
bunnie3
#105re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/19/15 at 12:58am

Big D.  From Most Happy Fella.  I still can t spell/sing DaLLAS.

I'm "TINY"aka TheTinyMagic. BWW log on problems forever. Yeesh.

rattleNwoolypenguin
#106re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/19/15 at 1:17am

I think "Do it Alone" from Parade is probably up there in difficulty of high belting for women

As well as I can't imagine trying to painstakingly nail the pitches for "On the Steps of the Palace"

rattleNwoolypenguin
#107re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/19/15 at 1:17am

I think "Do it Alone" from Parade is probably up there in difficulty of high belting for women

As well as I can't imagine trying to painstakingly nail the pitches for "On the Steps of the Palace"

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#108re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/21/15 at 1:13am

Here's one that I think all will agree is almost impossible to sing:  re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JeCExJlZkdY/UT7RDq6ogyI/AAAAAAAAJPI/0K3iMyP1b_o/s1600/Fairie's+Air.jpg

Faeries' Aire & Death Waltz

Audrey

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Updated On: 12/21/15 at 01:13 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#109re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/21/15 at 10:08am

Looks like either a barcode or an electrical wiring diagram.

Poster Emeritus

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#110re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
Posted: 12/21/15 at 7:58pm

Mr. Roxy, although you can find people who have tried to play and sing "Faeries' Aire and Death Waltz" (on YouTube, of course), it's definitely a joke by a composer named John Stump (honestly). The subtitle on the thing is "A Tribute to Zdenko G. Fibich. It's fun to read the thing all the way through, because the musical instructions are hilarious.

Audrey Liebross

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

Videos