Judy and Me

SamanthaAlexander Profile Photo
SamanthaAlexander
#100re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/16/08 at 7:31pm

This show is a big joke. And I'm sure we won't hear the last of it.

Supposedly there's another scathing review of the show floating around somewhere for release soon. Not sure where it's being released or who wrote it, but supposedly it's the worst of them yet. (is that even possible?)

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#101re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/16/08 at 7:50pm

Apparently they're planning on a tour.

If people didn't buy tickets to it in New York City, I don't think there's going to be much demand in nowheresville.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

SamanthaAlexander Profile Photo
SamanthaAlexander
#102re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/16/08 at 8:09pm

A tour??

No one is asking the question that if these people didnt have money to keep this show on and even lost their 401K, house and life savings, how do they have money to put on a tour, let alone anything? I smell a fish...

Wanna Be A Foster
#103re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/16/08 at 8:16pm

In the closing press release, the producer said there has been interest in a tour, and this wouldn't be the last we see of JUDY AND ME.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

being.jeremiah
#104re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/16/08 at 9:06pm

Some little bird told me there's a movie deal in the works... mhm.

yeah
#105re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/16/08 at 9:23pm

Tours, union and non, films, a West End debut, I believe an LA cast is in the works, and possibly Boston. There's no stopping this steam roller!!

pattilupuppy Profile Photo
pattilupuppy
#106re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/16/08 at 10:23pm

:)

Wanna Be A Foster
#107re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:21pm

re: Judy and Me

-Kad

RyToast1
#108re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:25pm

This is one of my favorite threads ever.

being.jeremiah
#109re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/17/08 at 1:41pm

It's kinda annoying whenever this pathetic thread gets bumped, but it's very useful for stressful moments of the day. :-P

Wanna Be A Foster
#110re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/18/08 at 2:29pm

Judy and YOU?

No!

Judy and ME!

-Kad

nyc_etoile2 Profile Photo
nyc_etoile2
#111re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/20/08 at 3:36am

I saw Judy and Me on closing night. I thought some parts were adorable, some were cringe-worthy, and some were touching. In all, it was sweet, but not a very good show. It was pretty self-involved of Peter Mac, but standouts were Elyse Beyer and Christopher McCabe. Props to Mac's mom who didn't totally suck. It's gotta be an experience to play yourself, especially when you are reenacting your own abusive marriage. I talked to a cast member later and this particular cast member even admitted that the play was not very well written.

That being said, really, leave this poor girl alone. Probably not nessecary to be so mean. But, the show's done, so whatev.

<3

www.krisroberts.350.com

yeah
#112re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/20/08 at 10:23am

The show may be over, thank whatever God you may pray to; however, this thread, I feel, will live on and on and on.

The show sucked, the script sucked, the "direction" sucked, the "actors" sucked, it was a huge waste of money, case closed.
Updated On: 12/20/08 at 10:23 AM

pattilupuppy Profile Photo
pattilupuppy
#113re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/20/08 at 8:06pm

waste of money, i think you meant?

and... yes it was... i hear some staff members havent been paid since october..

being.jeremiah
#114re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/20/08 at 8:35pm

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#115re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/20/08 at 9:00pm

Well, if they go on tour, then he and his life partner can spread this kind of crap from coast to coast.

The pictures say it all..

Hire Peter For Your Party!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

TheatreDiva90016
#116re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/20/08 at 9:05pm

He was also recently seen as Judy Garland in a “Friend of Judy’s”,

Somehow, I doubt that this is him as Judy (second picture):

But some of his credits sound AMAZING:

“Joseph in “Had to Skip the Prom, So I Got My Nipples Pierced”.”

This is just BAD Halloween drag.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#117re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/20/08 at 9:14pm

Damn! I meant to see that one.

WHO puts that kind of crud on thier bio????

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TheatreDiva90016
#118re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/20/08 at 9:30pm

In the thrid picture...

Is that supposed to be Rue McClanahan, because she looks like a giant, ugly Lucille Ball...

RyToast1
#119re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/20/08 at 11:06pm

I did a google image search of Bea Arthur....and she really never purses her lips like that.

JUDY & ME 4EVA!

TheatreDiva90016
#120re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/20/08 at 11:37pm

That's the only way he'll have cheek bones.

If he sucks in any harder, his face will cave in.

RyToast1
#121re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/21/08 at 1:09am

It just really, really hurts my face if I try to do that.

Wanna Be A Foster
#122re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/21/08 at 1:23am

What does Dr. John look like out of drag?

-Kad

RyToast1
#123re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/21/08 at 7:06pm

I was sad when this thread wasn't on the first page.

That's all.

TheatreDiva90016
#124re: Judy and Me
Posted: 12/21/08 at 7:42pm

You ae SUCH a giver!

Videos